Kathy Ireland gathers Roger Friedman about his recent article on Janet

JoeJoe

1. @showbiz411 Roger, you're a true journalist. Please check your facts. Janet sales are stronger than reported. Not because of T shirts.

37 retweets40 favorites

Retweet

Favorite

More

@showbiz411 It's all about the love...not just a T shirt. Janet promised new music, new world tour and a new movement.

34 retweets37 favorites

Retweet

Favorite

More

@kathyireland I'd like to know how and why you are a spokesperson for Janet Jackson. And what is the 'new movement'? How this about love?

0 retweets0 favorites

Retweet

Favorite

More

@showbiz411 Roger, am not a spokesperson. The new movement of love & social responsibility is obvious to ppl listening to the music.

• Upvote 1

ohhhh I see where the problem is this

http://www.showbiz411.com/2015/10/19/janet-jacksons-unbreakable-falls-81-9-in-second-week-follows-duran-duran-prince

Janet Jackson’s “Unbreakable” Falls 81.9% in Second Week, Follows Duran Duran, Prince

by Roger Friedman - October 19, 2015 4:19 pm
0 385
JanetJackson_Standard-2.jpeg?resize=500%

UPDATED with better math, but still maybe the biggest drop since before Madonna.

Janet Jackson– what have we done for her lately? Her “Unbreakable” album debuted last week at number 1 and sold 105,000 copies. Everyone was excited. I know I was. She got great press and great reviews.

But week 2 is a bust. “Unbreakable” fell 81.9%, from Number 1 to Number 7, and dropped to 19.3K copies. Ouch! Janet takes the record of biggest percentage drop from Madonna’s “MDNA.”

What happened? Well for one thing “Burn it Up,” the second single, with Missy Elliott, didn’t click anywhere. There was a brief buzz and then………….

Janet isn’t alone among 80s stars who can’t move product. Duran Duran’s “Paper Gods” came and went in the blink of an eye. And Prince’s recent album also sputtered out within two weeks. It’s hard out there!

It’s hard even if you’re a contemporary star. We still don’t know what happened to Sam Smith’s James Bond theme song, “The Writing’s on the Wall.” It died on impact with the real world. The single appears only on the “soft rock” radio chart at number 24, with almost no airplay.

Edited by Bailey

i think this is one of those moments that Janets team needs to be clear their strategy for the project recognizes the current music climate in regards to sales figures, but also includes a long term objective to advance Janet's entire brand across multiple media and entertainment platforms. The tour is selling out in multiple cities and arenas, she had 5 legs planned thats' a great accomplishment for any act.

• Upvote 1

OMG Janet, can you please give us a publuc performance, and/or a fucking video already!!!??? That's what I really want us talking about, instead of the motherfucking album sales, worthless bullshit!!! This is getting beyond frustrating. I wish I could just say "fuck it" but I just can't fucking do it!!! MOTHERFUCK!!!

OMG Janet, can you please give us a publuc performance, and/or a fucking video already!!!??? That's what I really want us talking about, instead of the motherfucking album sales, worthless bullshit!!! This is getting beyond frustrating. I wish I could just say "fuck it" but I just can't fucking do it!!! MOTHERFUCK!!!

as calculated as it all seemed to be, I dont think they know what to do next......get her into the R&R Hall of Fame, that will get more buzz (positive) going

The fact that Roger Friedman doesn't know that Kathy Ireland owns Sterling Winters who is Janet's management shows lack on his journalistic integrity. Do your homework Roger! 

I was arguing with some Madonna fans cause they swarmed Janet's newest Billboard article about her cancelling to rest her voice and they were trying to say Kathy was lying about no financial interest in Janet's album and pointed out that she owns Janet's management. Anyway Roger lied cause Janet never dropped 81% it was 70% and the 19,000 was actually 30,000. 

Edited by JoeJoe
  • Upvote 1

I was arguing with some Madonna fans cause they swarmed Janet's newest Billboard article about her cancelling to rest her voice and they were trying to say Kathy was lying about no financial interest in Janet's album and pointed out that she owns Janet's management. Anyway Roger lied cause Janet never dropped 81% it was 70% and the 19,000 was actually 30,000. 

They are coming out full force all of a sudden! I see them on anything that is written about Janet. Like chill! Madonna's not pressed over Janet (publicly) and Janet vise versa. 

They are coming out full force all of a sudden! I see them on anything that is written about Janet. Like chill! Madonna's not pressed over Janet (publicly) and Janet vise versa. 

well the shade Madonna got from so many media outlets when Janet was being reviewed for either the tour or the album, and of course I think the death blow was from the CEO of the R&R hall of Fame..... so are they in their feelings? Probably :coffee:

Yeah they say Janet fans are oversensitive but all we do is stan for our girl when needed.  We don't troll Madonna boards or articles on her and leave comments.  It's truly sad that a lot of her fans literally spend their time on this.  Janet fans don't troll Madonna boards.  It's always been the Madonna fans that just can't stand it when Janet is praised for anything and you know they have Google alerts on whenever there is a Janet article released. 

What's even sadder is that these Madonna fans think they are actually Madonna and feel entitled to just lie out of left field without doing their homework. That's one of the main reasons why I don't like Madonna is because of her fans and the fact that she hasn't put out anything decent since American Life with the exception of Give It To Me with Pharrell doesn't help much.  

Madonna has specifically catered to a specific audience as far as her image and music since the release of Confessions On A Dance Floor and that is her gay fans. I'm okay with that and I'm okay with that fact that the music sucks. My only Madonna albums are the Immaculate Collection, Bedtime Stories, Ray Of Light and American Life.  The last time I saw Madonna in concert was at MSG in July 2006 and I swear that bitch was a ghost on stage most of the time as the production, video montages and her dancers were really the show.  And the sound was just awful.  I swear my ears were bleeding. I don't understand how her fans cannot see the difference in the type of performers Janet and Madonna are.  With Janet....Janet is the show.  With Madonna.....her production, gay themes and dancers are the show along with her bitchy attitude that her fans eat up cause they want to be exactly that.  It's all POOF I tell you. 

I remember we walked back to our hotel that night to The Hudson as it was raining and there were no cabs around but walking in the rain from MSG to The Hudson Hotel down Lexington Avenue was the highlight!  

• Upvote 3

And another thing she dropped but was still #8 in the top 10 the second week.....the others fell out of the top 10 in their second week.  But I really don't care.  To each their own.....celebrate your favorites without trying to bring another one down just because they are receiving praise and yours isn't.  Let's just say both Madonna and Janet had their success start in the 80's and had their not so good decades to deal with.  Janet ruled the 90's and from 2004 to 2014 it was a difficult time for her as she literally was blackballed.

Madonna was not being taken seriously in the 90's and was 2nd to Janet until she finally received her first critical acclaim with Ray of Light come 1998/1999.  Madonna also tried it with the acting and finally realized it wasn't going to happen.  Not even her fans could help her with her success in films. Madonna is at her best when she is being a philanthropist and she needs to embrace that more.  

Yes they are pressed cause Janet got a no.1 album along with her tour and album being praised in just about every single review. I've literally asked them why are they commenting on Janet's articles and posts day after day while Madonna's on tour? I then tell them that it's obvious Ms. Jurassic Park isn't interesting to them enough but Janet is. They never answer and continue to shade and be disrespectful to the point they start saying racist stuff about Janet and her fans not even realizing Janet has a diverse fan base. Then I throw the fact that Madonna has fucked many Blacks and even ugly bitches like Sandra Bernhard and they go on to something else lol. When they talk about her religion I bring up Madonna and Kaballah and ask have they forgotten about that? Her fans are pretty stupid and to think most of them are approaching 50yrs old if they're not there already

Yeah they say Janet fans are oversensitive but all we do is stan for our girl when needed.  We don't troll Madonna boards or articles on her and leave comments.  It's truly sad that a lot of her fans literally spend their time on this.  Janet fans don't troll Madonna boards.  It's always been the Madonna fans that just can't stand it when Janet is praised for anything and you know they have Google alerts on whenever there is a Janet article released. 

What's even sadder is that these Madonna fans think they are actually Madonna and feel entitled to just lie out of left field without doing their homework. That's one of the main reasons why I don't like Madonna is because of her fans and the fact that she hasn't put out anything decent since American Life with the exception of Give It To Me with Pharrell doesn't help much.  

Madonna has specifically catered to a specific audience as far as her image and music since the release of Confessions On A Dance Floor and that is her gay fans. I'm okay with that and I'm okay with that fact that the music sucks. My only Madonna albums are the Immaculate Collection, Bedtime Stories, Ray Of Light and American Life.  The last time I saw Madonna in concert was at MSG in July 2006 and I swear that bitch was a ghost on stage most of the time as the production, video montages and her dancers were really the show.  And the sound was just awful.  I swear my ears were bleeding. I don't understand how her fans cannot see the difference in the type of performers Janet and Madonna are.  With Janet....Janet is the show.  With Madonna.....her production, gay themes and dancers are the show along with her bitchy attitude that her fans eat up cause they want to be exactly that.  It's all POOF I tell you. 

I remember we walked back to our hotel that night to The Hudson as it was raining and there were no cabs around but walking in the rain from MSG to The Hudson Hotel down Lexington Avenue was the highlight!  

Thank you! I throw that in their face too. Madonna got fuckin' horses, jumbo rotating dicks, flying pigs, and all kinds of circus shit to deter the fact that without any of that on stage with her she'd be pretty boring cause she can't dance worth shit and her stage presence is nothing compared to Janet. They brag about Madonna's tickets being higher and that's when I tell them they sound foolish because who brags about having to pay higher prices for tickets? I tell them the reason why they pay that much is because they're helping pay for Madonna's production idiots and Janet's are cheaper cause she doesn't need that shit to put on a show. Trust me her fans see the difference and they know who's better. They brag about her album sales and concert grosses because that's all they have. I bring up the fact Madonna has over 21 albums and Janet has only 11 so yeah she should be higher in sales duh. Notice how they never brag about Madonna's talents because she doesn't have much and I throw in their face Janet is the most awarded living artist on the planet

• Upvote 4