Janet's 11th studio album (thoughts & ideas)

moonlight

We all know Janet's gonna head back into the studio and record a new album eventually. In the mean time lets muse over some ideas and share some thoughts about how you want the album to be.

the sound

the producers

the number of tracks

album theme

topics covered on the album

etc... ^_^

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sound ... hmmm ... If she wants a dance album i'd love her to get really raw to go tribal or something.

If it's a intimate album then definitely Trip Hop

William Orbit , Stuart Price , Rollo , Tricky , Kleerup even daft punk ... Just european producers or underground producers that can give her a new sound

Number of tracks - As much as possible just as long as they are no fillers

Depends of the sound , i'd want her to really go dark but that can only work if she does something like trip hop. As for the tribal thought an African feel would be good

Everything that she didn't spit thus far needs to come out

For me:

Sound: R&B/Dance/Rock/Brazilian Carnival Dance (like "Heartbeat Love")

Producers: JJ & TL for a few tracks...Fatchild (only for a "HB L" type of track)...and someone fresh and new.

# of tracks: 21/22 including 5-6 interludes

Album themes: Anything is better than the "theme" for Discipline.

Topics on the album: I think it would be nice to get a "Together Again II" dedicated for MJ. And I would love a sex song about getting that al-Qaeda dick :excited:

Album cover: I love Janet's smile, but I hope it's not included on the album cover.

Theme: Light and Darkness

# of songs: 7 songs, 3 interludes, 1 hidden track, 3 bonus tracks

Topics: Love, Loss, Grief, Acceptance. Sex. Fear. Empowerment. Sex. Self-actualization. Insecurity. Optimism. Faith. Growth.

Producers: Daft Punk, Jimmy & Terry, Neptunes, Bangladesh, Swiss Beatz, David Guetta, Sia.

Writers: JANET JACKSON, Sia, Esther Dean, Ne-yo, Jimmy & Terry

Collaborators: Kylie Minogue, MIA, Prince (a man can dream), Kings of Leon, Lenny Kravitz, or Coldplay...

Sound: Edgy yet innovative...dark pop/r&b. I would love for her to utilize her more gritty, raspy tone on a few pop/rock tracks...bring in elements of the Control era (synthesizers), Rhythm Nation era (heavy bass licks) and have a few insane guitar riffs and solos. I want an "I don't give a fuck...scream and wail at the top of my lungs" joint from Janet. I don't want her to hold anything back musically.

-sigh

Theme: Light and Darkness

# of songs: 7 songs, 3 interludes, 1 hidden track, 3 bonus tracks

Topics: Love, L

oss, Grief, Acceptance. Sex. Fear. Empowerment. Sex. Self-actualization. Insecurity. Optimism. Faith.

Producers: Daft Punk, Jimmy & Terry, Neptunes, Bangladesh, Swiss Beatz, David Guetta, Sia.

Writers: JANET JACKSON, Sia, Esther Dean, Ne-yo, Jimmy & Terry

Collaborators: Kylie Minogue, MIA, Prince (a man can dream), Kings of Leon, Lenny Kravitz, or Coldplay...

Sound: Edgy yet innovative...dark pop/r&b. I would love for her to utilize her more gritty, raspy tone on a few pop/rock tracks...bring in elements of the Control era (synthesizers), Rhythm Nation era (heavy bass licks) and have a few insane guitar riffs and solos. I want an "I don't give a fuck...scream and wail at the top of my lungs" joint from Janet. I don't want her to hold anything back musically.

-sigh

You look cute/familiar....

Archived