What was..

janetDAYZ

Last GREAT video? Probably SOAG. It had a concept and an aesthetic that worked all around, and that's something that's been missing for a long time.

JALW was dumb.
IWY was pointless.
AN(DS) was lackluster.
COM was wasted money.
So Excited was AN(DS) 2.0. Trash.
Feedback was absolute garbage save for the last 20 seconds. The only thing saving it from being her worst video ever is that sequence, which was obviously better than Nothing.
RWU was okay. The flooreography is utter nonsense, and there's that drag queen lookalike that fools you in the 360 orgy shot, but it's cute for a low-budget video.
Make Me was cute, not great.
Nothing was nothing.
No Sleeep had moments but it was basically crap.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Feedback. It was really creative and the concept was a lot of fun to watch. The CGI or whatever it was still holds up today. 

(That black outfit with the ponytail also should've been her RWU tour outfit but I digress.)

I agree with you on the costume part. The Feedback catsuit and hair from the outro section definitely looked better than the yellow catsuit and mohawk Janet ended up using on the tour.

All Nite was a good video. I liked the choreo. I rarely acknowledge the 20 Y.O. and Discipline era videos; they were all kinda boring or just meh. Make Me was too simple to really be anything spectacular as was No Sleep (although the video is cute). Did Nothing even have a video? I know it did, but I remember it being so forgettable when she premiered it on 106, I think. 

I hope the upcoming video will be a great one.

Last GREAT video? Probably SOAG. It had a concept and an aesthetic that worked all around, and that's something that's been missing for a long time.

JALW was dumb.
IWY was pointless.
AN(DS) was lackluster.
COM was wasted money.
So Excited was AN(DS) 2.0. Trash.
Feedback was absolute garbage save for the last 20 seconds. The only thing saving it from being her worst video ever is that sequence, which was obviously better than Nothing.
RWU was okay. The flooreography is utter nonsense, and there's that drag queen lookalike that fools you in the 360 orgy shot, but it's cute for a low-budget video.
Make Me was cute, not great.
Nothing was nothing.
No Sleeep had moments but it was basically crap.

I agree with everything except I kinda liked the Feedback video.. And I also liked the So Excited video (it def wasn't great but idk, I just fkn liked it)..

The RWU video was good because of choreo but didn't like the style. 

Make Me was generic and I didn't like it but the choreo was good. 

Feedback, was good...but the video leading to the dance part is eh. But after is dope. 

ANDS was dope! Maybe the last great & I loved I Want You 

• Upvote 1

I loved the futuristic styles of feedback, rwu and make me.  Love all these videos.  RWU probably my fav of the 3. Sure I def wanted more dancing and better lighting in feedback but I live for that catsuit and ponytail head snap.  

She's like BITCH I SLAY

tumblr_ls7qb754Lt1r218oho1_500.gif

• Upvote 4

Oh god. I don't want Janet to release Dammn Baby.. You all will just rip it to pieces. Ugh.. I bet Beyonce doesn't have this problem

It sucks cause we would have been honored with videos for RnB Junkie and Weekend.  Videos were made for those 2 songs and we never got to see them for reasons we all know.   I know most people didn't like Weekend but damn people went in on her and more specifically her fanbase.  I bet the video for Weekend would have been received a lot better than the song.  

• Upvote 1

It sucks cause we would have been honored with video Weekend.  Videos

were made for those 2 songs and we never got to see them for reasons we all know.   I know most people didn't like Weekend but damn people went in on her and more specifically her fanbase.  I bet the video for Weekend would have been received a lot better than the song.  

Whoa.. Let's calm THAT down.. Weekend is shit 

Oh god. I don't want Janet to release Dammn Baby.. You all will just rip it to pieces. Ugh.. I bet Beyonce doesn't have this problem

Beyonce released like 40 videos last time out and her fans are delusional.  

Haven't you just contradicted yourself there? ?

Yeah. :unsure:  I forgot those 2 videos

Weekend was a terrible song. And Game, why is it ok for you to recognize weekend sucked...but others critiquing the videos is not?

I completely loved the dance parts of Feedback, and still do! Just the leading to it was just ok...

Bc majority of fans and the original artist agrees. Even you agree. But the negativity is extreme.. Yeah those were horrible choices for singles.. And the videos were kinda bad but it was unnecessary IMO to list off the downfalls of every video. 

JAWL - silly Janet.. Something we never seen in a video before 

IWY: a very urban video celebrating urban life

AN(DS): Great dance video. Janrt looked great

COM: Waste of money but visually compelling and expensive #VirginRecordsMoney

SEx: Visually impressive with the shady treatment of the featured artist 

FB: Different and out of this world. Fresh.. Choreography was killer too

RWU: Anytime Janet dedicated something to the gays, I approve 

Make Me: Cheaply made yet Janet looked and did great. Choreography on point (probably something close to what DB will look like) 

Nothing: nothing

NS: :wub: it's perfect for the track 

• Upvote 1

It sucks cause we would have been honored with videos for RnB Junkie and Weekend.  Videos were made for those 2 songs and we never got to see them for reasons we all know.   I know most people didn't like Weekend but damn people went in on her and more specifically her fanbase.  I bet the video for Weekend would have been received a lot better than the song.  

There were videos for those two? I would've liked to see R&B Junkie get a video.

I don't think she's made a great video for years. But RWU is one of my favourites of the last 10 years. Make Me had potential if she only danced more - unless she did dance hard and I can't remember. But I loved that one of the U.K. music channels stole the concept for their in between music video effects (with that black splodgy thing that changed spikes to the beat). 

Edited by Dammn Bu

The Just a Little While video - love the song and I actually enjoy the video. But I Want U was better - she looked beautiful!!

I have a download of Just a little while but I wish I had it on DVD or an iTunes download. Still like that song and vid. Except her blonde wig.

LIES - aminelli.  No vids were ever made for junkie or weekend. I have to say I notice a lot of Janet fans are always  exaggerating rumors and making up nevaland stories.  This is frustrating sometimes with you kids.  Junkie was going to be the final single for DJ and a promo track was sent out but that's as far as it ever went.