Prince has passed away (age 57)

T.C

Thank you

lol how do so many janet fans not know this already

And i agree, just because he shaded her (and there was probably snubs behind the scenes, e.g. LWND) doesn't mean that she still isn't hurt by the loss of Prince. She was a huge fan.

Edited by xoney
  • Upvote 1

Is it true that after he performed WHYDFML he said something like "You know I wrote that right?" I saw that on a Youtube comment once and laughed :lmao:. He was such a shady bitch - I lived for his interviews. 

Is it true that after he performed WHYDFML he said something like "You know I wrote that right?" I saw that on a Youtube comment once and laughed :lmao:. He was such a shady bitch - I lived for his interviews. 

Well he did write it lol which is why he performed it (or Janet granted him permission)

no he threw shade asking the audience "who wrote that song?" ....suggesting he did, which is fine man, at least we dont have to hear about it anymore :whistle:

• Upvote 1

Not that Janet uses her Twitter/usually comments on anything...but considering she has stated in the past he was her idol growing up, I thought she would.

Me too. I wonder if she caught wind of the shade he's thrown at her from time to time

Prince did a radio interview where his comment about Janet could be seen as shade, the interviewer basically threw some artists names out there and Prince gave his opinion, it went "Michael Jackson?"  ..Prince said "genius"......"Janet Jackson?"......Prince said "sister of a genius" :coffee:

I wouldnt read TOO MUCH into that.. That was an invitation for Prince to be shady cus thats apart of "his thing" ... and he clearly took the bait, and played with it. 

Do I think Prince probably was mad that Jimmy and Terry's careers blew up (thanks to Janet) ....yeah but that was 30yrs ago. Ppl get over shit. Jimmy just recently spoke about how Terry and Prince was in heavy contact over the years and how they were talking about possibilities of collabing at some point.. so yeah the bitterness was old. I would like to think if he really didnt care for Janet he wouldnt DARE perform one of her songs whether it was his "sound" or not. Prince just had a diva moment of shade...nothing to look that far into. I think he overall respected the Jackson family ...for their contribution to music and their impact on the world 

And lets face it... he had respect for Madonna as an artist, soooo could you really see him looking at Janet as a joke while he favors Madonna? It kinda wouldnt make much sense, if u get where Im goin with this 

Edited by janetDAYZ

Jimmy / Janet wished... Prince clearly declined but he wasn't needed anyways 

That was in 2013 and that song was suppose to be for Prince so that's why he performed it 

They weren't close IMO. Missy & Janet? Sure.. Prince and Janet. No. 

Yeah I'm sure Prince hated her guts.  Hated her guts enough to give her clearance of his music on Unbreakable.  He was not the same person back then when he made that who wrote this song comment. He has performed her song at every concert and he has not made the comment since.  He had turned into a more humble and spiritual person towards his later years.  And truth be told we don't know what their relationship was.  Just like you try and tell us all the time that we dont know whats going on you cant assume anything either.  She may have dined at Paisley Park like so many artist have.   

Yeah I'm sure Prince hated her guts.  Hated her guts enough to give her clearance of his music on Unbreakable.  He was not the same person back then when he made that who wrote this song comment. He has performed her song at every concert and he has not made the comment since.  

There's no samples on Unbreakable. I thought we were passed that. Samples have to be inside the booklet and, if you read the booklet, you see ZERO samples used. Sorry.. You fail

He claimed to have wrote that song... That's why he's performing it. Call me when you find him performing one of her better songs that's not on Control

Janet didn't say shit sooo meanwhile bish tweet something about her clone's anniversary.. A clone that respected Janet nonetheless 

Jimmy / Janet wished... Prince clearly declined but he wasn't needed anyways 

That was in 2013 and that song was suppose to be for Prince so that's why he performed it 

They weren't close IMO. Missy & Janet? Sure.. Prince and Janet. No. 

Prince didnt decline becus it was never presented to him. They said it was an IDEA. Stop letting these other members have you thinking the duet was planned and ready to go. Infact Prince was mentioned alongside Ralph Tresvant and Johnny Gill as far as possible artists that came to mind for a duet. It never went further than that. If asked we dont know what his answer would have been. His shady comment towards her was not that serious. He has publicly shaded Madonna but still worked with her and was in talks with having a potential joint tour with her.

Edited by janetDAYZ
  • Upvote 1

There's no samples on Unbreakable. I thought we were passed that. Samples have to be inside the booklet and, if you read the booklet, you see ZERO samples used. Sorry.. You fail

He claimed to have wrote that song... That's why he's performing it. Call me when you find him performing one of her better songs that's not on Control

Janet didn't say shit sooo meanwhile bish tweet something about her clone's anniversary.. A clone that respected Janet nonetheless 

:lmao: Turn your fan card in now please.  Please go listen to track 8 and tell me that again.  How embarrassing.  You talk so much shit I bet you didn't even buy Janets album.  Any idiot can clearly hear the Prince sample.  :lmao::lmao: . Listen to the end of Prince song then listen to the end of Janet's :lmao:  Don't ever question anyones fandom again sir

Edited by DasSad

:lmao: Turn your fan card in now please.  Please go listen to track 8 and tell me that again.  How embarrassing.  You talk so much shit I bet you didn't even buy Janets album.  Any idiot can clearly hear the Prince sample.  :lmao::lmao: . Listen to the end of Prince song then listen to the end of Janet's :lmao:  Don't ever question anyones fandom again sir

I guess you didn't read the rest of what I said

Samples HAVE to be credited. It's a matter of millions of dollars. Show me legal evidence proving that Night sampled Prince. I'll wait.... Otherwise you're wasting my time 

The ear, eyes, and brain can be easily tricked. so I'm def not going to check out that song you posted

Edited by Game
  • Upvote 1

I guess you didn't read the rest of what I said

Samples HAVE to be credited. It's a matter of millions of dollars. Show me legal evidence proving that Night sampled Prince. I'll wait.... Otherwise you're wasting my time 

The ear, eyes, and brain can be easily tricked. so I'm def not going to check out that song you posted

they don't have to be credited in the booklet. The legal proof is that prince gained the rights to his catalogue from Warner bros 2 years ago and I wanna be your lover is among those songs. He recorded 2 versions because the first one flopped. I am not doing your homework for you. You can take yourself to the library of congress Eco or copyright page and do the search. It is credited to him. 

yes they do. Janet has to source other artists she sampled. She knows the rules. Apparently you don't 

no they don't. Show me where it says it is mandatory to list people's names. Drake doesn't list his ghost writers but they get legal credit. You sound so ignorant right now. Any whoo here are the receipts Prince Rogers Nelson writer and composer

image.jpeg

no they don't. Show me where it says it is mandatory to list people's names. Drake doesn't list his ghost writers but they get legal credit. You sound so ignorant right now.

Ghost writers are not previously owned bodies of work. You don't have to credit your employees as long as they represent Drake, which they do. His alleged ghost writers sign a contract stating that.

You want Prince to be sampled so bad but Janet didn't pay for it. Your ears can be tricked and since Prince or his Estate hasn't sued Janet, your ears failed you. 

You can read about Copyright laws and music below or by simply Googling: "sampling music laws US". Google will prompt you with its instant response. 

PS: I don't care about Prince or his music writing skills. I'm sure he composed the song you're referring to but Janet Jackson did NOT sample it. Sorry #NotSorry

http://www.copynot.org/Pages/Music sampling.htm

TL;DR: 

When you sample someone's song without permission, it is an instant copyright violation. It is the unauthorized use of copyrighted material owned by another. Sampling without permission violates two copyrights-the sound recording copyright (usually owned by the record company) and the copyright in the song itself (usually owned by the songwriter or the publishing company).

Edited by Game
  • Upvote 1

yes they do. Janet has to source other artists she sampled. She knows the rules. Apparently you don't 

She outta know the rules after being sued a few times :whistle: anywho they are now reporting the 300 million dollar estimate that Prince is supposedly worth is actually about half that

Ghost writers are not previously owned bodies of work. You don't have to credit your employees as long as they represent Drake, which they do. His alleged ghost writers sign a contract stating that.

You want Prince to be sampled so bad but Janet didn't pay for it. Your ears can be tricked and since Prince or his Estate hasn't sued Janet, your ears failed you. 

You can read about Copyright laws and music below or by simply Googling: "sampling music laws US". Google will prompt you with its instant response. 

PS: I don't care about Prince or his music writing skills. I'm sure he composed the song you're referring to but Janet Jackson did NOT sample it. Sorry #NotSorry

http://www.copynot.org/Pages/Music sampling.htm

TL;DR: 

When you sample someone's song without permission, it is an instant copyright violation. It is the unauthorized use of copyrighted material owned by another. Sampling without permission violates two copyrights-the sound recording copyright (usually owned by the record company) and the copyright in the song itself (usually owned by the songwriter or the publishing company).

what does this have to do with listing names in the song booklet. I am waiting for the receipts. I showed you mine. The arrangement at the end of night was composed by Prince per the US copyright.  Putting someone's name in a booklet has nothing to do with getting clearance or permission. That only shows who you give credit to.  It is kind of pointless to put Prince Rogers Nelson there because everyone knows that guitar rift and where it came from. 

what does this have to do with listing names in the song booklet. I am waiting for the receipts. I showed you mine. The arrangement at the end of night was composed by Prince per the US copyright.  Putting someone's name in a booklet has nothing to do with getting clearance or permission. That only shows who you give credit to.  It is kind of pointless to put Prince Rogers Nelson there because everyone knows that guitar rift and where it came from. 

I KNOW there is no sample in ANY song in Unbreakable. Samples HAVE TO BE LISTED. They MUST BE listed in the booklet NO MATTER WHAT. 

Not everyone knows every Prince song and even if that were true, JANET JACKSON WOULD HAVE TO ADD PRINCE's NAME TO HER ALBUM BOOKLET 

I'm not understanding what you don't understand by that 

Proof Janet didn't Sample Prince: is on the ASCAPs website

Edited by Game
  • Upvote 1