Ya'll Ready To Admit I Was Right About Everything?

Mr. Wonder

No, it was an attempt to belittle what I've done and tried to do. It's not the first time he's done it either. 
BTW, just because I don't brag about it, that doesn't mean I haven't received acknowledgement. I just choose not to share it. 

Jimmy and Terry won the "Producer of the Year" Grammy for their work on the "Control" album. That's a win for the project it self. Which is was we said. The Control album won 4 AMAs, 6 Billboard Awards, 2 VMAs, and one Grammy. Janet is credited as a producer on the project as well, and either chose not to submit herself in that category to let Jimmy and Terry shine, or The Grammys were being shady (which wouldn't surprise me)  

BTW, I used that same fact in the "Blueprint" video. Austin didn't take an issue with it then, because he contributed. It's only an issue now because of his personal issue with me, his ego, and his attempt to dismiss this project. It's petty.  

I was geeked about your videos I showed my family who all loved them.

• Upvote 2

But can't you agree that no matter how things are set up trying to shore up your fan base and keep them engaged matters? I mean when the annoucement came she said new music, new tour, a new movement.......where was this movement? Where did conversations in a cafe take us?  I really wanna know :unsure:

The new movement for the 9274738x is her not doing promotion. It's new bc she has NEVER done that before. And it paid off big time as she is BMG's biggest act to date. Period

Engaging fans (whatever that means) doesn't matter.. The ONLY thing that matters is the music. That's the only thing that matters to me and a lot of music fans.

The conversation in a cafe is what her & Jimmy spoke at 2 years ago... It is also lyrics to her song "Dammn Baby". I don't think it was suppose to be taken out of context like you just did

And it's still about your ego.

You want it to be, but it's not. 

You did great work compiling the facts that you have. When I did the Blueprint video it was much appreciated! However, this isn't about who gathered the facts. This isn't about YOU being part of the project. This isn't about the creative direction that YOU think this project, campaign, and video should go in. This isn't even about if YOU disagree with the facts that we used (More on that in a minute). 

This is about the campaign to get Janet Jackson inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. That's it. 

All you did was attempt to demean, disregard, and belittle our HARD WORK because YOU didn't like the direction, and because you and I have had issues. That's pathetic.

Again, there were close to 10 people that worked to compile these facts and bring this video together. Your motivation was to hurt me. You did hurt me (mission accomplished), but you also hurt others that worked hard to make this project a reality. That's foul.

And I've understood the purpose of the project from the beginning. But like I said, the direction you all are taking is ineffective. This is all base on opinion, not fact. I am trying to HELP YOU. Because everything you've done so far is elementary. You've pulled a bunch of stats and quotes from articles and compiled them into one video. It doesn't explain why she should be inducted.There's no analysis. That is part of the problem. And by the same token, you all embarrassed the community as a whole with wrong facts. Before I even tweeted about the inaccuracies, there were tweets about how statements in the video were wrong, and this was from fans and non-fans alike. We looked a complete joke not having our information correct. 

Now as for the facts. Every single fact is accurate.Every single fact is from a verifiable source. For instance, There have been articles (from legitimate sources) stating that RN has sold 18 million copies worldwide. Just one of those articles (from 2014) saying RN has sold nearly 20 million copies worldwide (Which is exactly what was stated in the video). 

http://www.ew.com/article/2014/09/19/janet-jackson-rhythm-nation-1814-25th-anniversary

Again, this video isn't about Austin's ego. 

A disagreement is not mutually exclusive to being egotistical. That's nonsensical. And EW is not an authority source. Lamont, Janet's own label stated 14mil. Who do you believe more - the label, the people who were actually selling the album and have direct access to figures, or a third party distributor like EW? The answer is clear. You used the EW article to fabricate, nothing more, nothing less.

Our tour stats.We did it similarly to how it was done in this thread:  

http://planetjanet.invisionzone.com/index.php?/topic/4166-an-in-depth-look-at-janet-jacksons-tour-history-over-the-years/

However, this is based on the average ticket price in 2008. Not accurate to use these receipts for 2016, because ticket prices have increased since 2008. 

The average ticket price in 2016 is around $120 to $130 (It was $110 in 2008). Not counting the secondary market. 

The janet. world tour 2.5 million tickets x $130 = $325,000,000.00 (That's slightly higher than the figure we used in the video, btw. We were a tad more conservative with the calculations we presented in the video). As mentioned in that linked thread above, in her prime, Janet had some of the highest ticket prices among touring artists. We could've used that to our advantage, but we didn't.

Again, this is a fabrication. UKMix even broke down tours, and I extrapolated the information from a more valid source: 

Highest Grossing Tours
(in USD millions) 

43 Janet Jackson - The Velvet Rope (1998-1999) 70 
48 Janet Jackson - Janet (1993-1995) 60 
50 Janet Jackson - All For You (2001.) 55 
55 Janet Jackson - Rhythm Nation (1990.) 45 

Highest Grossing Tours Per Show 
(in USD millions per show) 

45 Janet Jackson - All For You (2001.) 0,76 
50 Janet Jackson - The Velvet Rope (1998-1999) 0,58 
56 Janet Jackson - Janet (1993-1995) 0,5 
61 Janet Jackson - Rhythm Nation (1990.) 0,38 

Highest Grossing Tours Per Show Adjusted with Inflation of Tickets Price 
(in USD millions per show Adjusted with 2008 price) 

49 Janet Jackson - Janet (1993-1995) 1,35 
52 Janet Jackson - Rhythm Nation (1990.) 1,26 
55 Janet Jackson - The Velvet Rope (1998-1999) 1,16 
57 Janet Jackson - All For You (2001.) 1,14 

Here are the figures used to determine the inflation of ticket price: 

Average price of concert ticket in 2008: $67.33 
Average price of concert ticket in 2006: $61.58 
Average price of concert ticket in 2004: $53.55 
Average price of concert ticket in 2003: $50.35 
Average price of concert ticket in 2002: $46.56 
Average price of concert ticket in 2001: $43.86 
Average price of concert ticket in 2000: $43.75 
Average price of concert ticket in 1999: $36.56 
Average price of concert ticket in 1997: $29.81 
Average price of concert ticket in 1996: $25.81 
Average price of concert ticket in 1993: $24.05 
Average price of concert ticket in 1990: Around $20 
Average price of concert ticket in 1987: Around $15 
Average price of concert ticket in 1984: Around $13 
Average price of concert ticket in 1980: Around $10

Highest Grossing Tours adjusted with inflation of Tickets Price 
(in USD millions per show Adjusted with 2008 price) 

37 Janet Jackson - Janet (1993-1995) 162 
41 Janet Jackson - Rhythm Nation (1990.) 151 
42 Janet Jackson - The Velvet Rope (1998-1999) 139 
57 Janet Jackson - All For You (2001.) 82 

Biggest Tours by Attendance 
(in 000's) 

35 Janet Jackson - Rhythm Nation (1990.) 2000 
41 Janet Jackson - The Velvet Rope (1998-1999) 1400 
45 Janet Jackson - Janet (1993-1995) 1300 
60 Janet Jackson - All For You (2001.) 885 

Biggest Tours by Attendance Per Show 

44 Janet Jackson - Rhythm Nation (1990.) 16667 
54 Janet Jackson - All For You (2001.) 12292 
55 Janet Jackson - The Velvet Rope (1998-1999) 11667
57 Janet Jackson - Janet (1993-1995) 10833 

Longest Tours 
(number of dates) 

29 Janet Jackson - Rhythm Nation (1990.) 120 
30 Janet Jackson - The Velvet Rope (1998-1999) 120 
31 Janet Jackson - Janet (1993-1995) 120 
57 Janet Jackson - All For You (2001.) 72 

Countries Visited 

22 Janet Jackson - The Velvet Rope (1998-1999) 22 
35 Janet Jackson - Janet (1993-1995) 18 
47 Janet Jackson - All For You (2001.) 13 
65 Janet Jackson - Rhythm Nation (1990.) 7

Please be advised that numbers are based on reported dates, and not all dates on listed and directly effect the estimate.

Rhythm Nation 1814 World Tour - $45,000,000
janet. World Tour - $60,000,000
The Velvet Rope World Tour - $70,000,000
All For You World Tour - $55,000,000
Rock Witchu Tour - $10,000,000
Number Ones: Up Close & Personal World Tour - $16,000,000

Together, Janet's tours have grossed $256,000,000.

For those of you who are educated and understand economics:

Rhythm Nation 1814 Wold Tour - $151,000,000
janet. World Tour - $162,000,000
The Velvet Rope World Tour - $139,000,000
All For You World Tour - $82,000,000
Rock Witchu Tour - $10,000,000
Number Ones: Up Close & Personal World Tour - $16,000,000

With adjusted ticket prices, Janet's tours have grossed over $560,000,000 worldwide. 

https://www.ukmix.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=59181

This figure is more in the ballpark ($100 million off) from the Variety article (it has since been deleted) back in 2013:

"$458 million from touring."

http://www.forbes.com/sites/dorothypomerantz/2013/05/23/heres-why-janet-jackson-is-not-a-billionaire/#68ad4ee19b75

Like, this is what's frustrating. The information is RIGHT THERE.

As for us mentioning Janet being the first solo artist to perform at the Gelredome Stadium. If you weren't so blinded with your own ego, and whatever personal issues you have with me, you would know exactly why we used it. Many don't know or deny the fact that Janet was huge internationally in her prime. They call her local, without much worldwide success or impact. She was a major (and dominate) touring act worldwide. What better way to show that than with the fact that Janet was the first solo artist to sell out this STADIUM.... outside of the US? 

It's the same reason I intentionally used fans from from around the world to recite facts in their native language. It was a subtle way of showing Janet's international influence. The Gelredome fact was a more obvious way of doing that.

Then what was the point of mentioning Madonna? That had ZERO relevance. Maybe if you weren't so pressed and hell bent on showing that Janet is "better" than Madonna, then you'd understand where I'm coming from. If you wanted to explain why Janet playing the Gelredome was important, you could have said something to the tune of, "Janet sold out the Gelredome, a then 26,000 capacity stadium in Europe, which stands as a testament of Janet's international appeal because Black artists prior to Janet were not afforded these opportunities as their sound hadn't gained worldwide acceptance, and/or had Janet's level of international appeal. Janet sold out this stadium on the strength of her unique blend of R&B and Dance music, which was uncommon at the time, in a Euro-Dance-Pop dominated market. Janet introduced the native people of the continent to a new sound, and for Janet to be Black AND female and selling out stadiums in a male dominated industry makes this achievement even more noteworthy.". Saying "Madonna followed" just makes you look pressed.

I shouldn't have to break down our reasons for the inclusion of these facts. Especially not to another Janet fan. For the third or fourth time, this isn't about your ego. This isn't about what you personally believe or agree with. This isn't even about me. It's about the Induct Janet campaign. That's it. If you don't agree with how we did it. That's fine. Do your own thing. Support Janet in your own way. Don't try to create doubt around our heart felt project because of your own ego and/or issues with me. That's not fair to Janet, the fans, or the induct Janet campaign.  To end this, perhaps your offers to help would have been taken seriously, if you weren't acting the way you're acting right now. You've turned people off. That's your own doing.

You can't break down the facts because the video lacked a lot of accurate information. Your video stated Janet was the first artist to have a #1 in three separate decades. She didn't Lamont. She didn't. Billboard even did a whole article on it - http://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/chart-beat/473073/ask-billboard-britney-spears-3-decades-of-no-1s. Your video also stated Janet added 4 additional dates for Tokyo Dome. She didn't Lamont, that's just a flat out lie. There were 4 dates total, not 8. And you claim the capacity was 55,000? It wasn't. The accurate information is in the press release: 

"The first international shows were in Japan, where she sold out the Tokyo Dome (48,000 capacity)  with four shows in seven minutes, creating the record for the fastest sell  out in the history of the Tokyo Dome."

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/janet-jackson-announces-rock-witchu-tour-57277207.html

Your video was just simply a visual representation of the Sales and Charts threads. You didn't even explain why her accomplishments are significant.This is why I said your video isn't effective. It doesn't explain what Janet's successes represents and there's no true analysis of her career. 

• Upvote 3

No, it was an attempt to belittle what I've done and tried to do. It's not the first time he's done it either. 
BTW, just because I don't brag about it, that doesn't mean I haven't received acknowledgement. I just choose not to share it. 

Jimmy and Terry won the "Producer of the Year" Grammy for their work on the "Control" album. That's a win for the project it self. Which is was we said. The Control album won 4 AMAs, 6 Billboard Awards, 2 VMAs, and one Grammy. Janet is credited as a producer on the project as well, and either chose not to submit herself in that category to let Jimmy and Terry shine, or The Grammys were being shady (which wouldn't surprise me)  

BTW, I used that same fact in the "Blueprint" video. Austin didn't take an issue with it then, because he contributed. It's only an issue now because of his personal issue with me, his ego, and his attempt to dismiss this project. It's petty.  

Because you didn't ask about it, and I would have objected to it had you asked because we both know Control didn't win a Grammy. Let's not tell half truths.  

I know Janet didn't win a Grammy for Control. But Jimmy and Terry won the producer of the year Grammy for Control. Maybe that's where they are getting Control won a Grammy from.

Jimmy and Terry won a Producer of the Year Grammy for. Control, itself, did not win any Grammys. 

Does this not count as Control winning a Grammy?

https://youtu.be/0_gX0auGwGc

Notice how the producer is nominated, and not the works they produced? Producers work on projects throughout the eligible Grammy period. Acts like Pharrell, Baby Face, and Quincy Jones produce songs for multiple artists. That's why they are nominated, and not the works they produced.

Ok cause it made it seem like Janet won a grammy. That's what the general audience watching would think. Austin stop being petty trying to discredit his work. He says you've done it before so stop trick. Both of y'all are some smart hoes and represent Janet very well. The fighting needs to end cause it ain't that serious. I see both sides. You still support Janet 100 percent and Austin chooses only 50 percent for now. This is all cause of Janet. When she gets herself together I think everyone else will. Think about what I said. Next time y'all have issues hit each other in the DM and talk it out like grown folks.

• Upvote 1

The era was set up for minimal promotion with good profits and great music. Bu, Dont. 

That's cute but the era was half assed with good music. It was a cute idea but it had holes in it. Some moments were even embarrassing. Like those cringe close up Glasgow videos :lmao: . 

Jimmy and Terry won a Producer of the Year Grammy for. Control, itself, did not win any Grammys. 

Notice how the producer is nominated, and not the works they produced? Producers work on projects throughout the eligible Grammy period. Acts like Pharrell, Baby Face, and Quincy Jones produce songs for multiple artists. That's why they are nominated, and not the works they produced.

I always assumed JJ and TL won that Grammy because of the Control album. I mean Control was not only a huge breakthrough for Janet but for JJ and TL as well. They also achieved their first #1 mainstream hit with When I think of you along with Janet. That Grammy in my opinion was because of their work on the Control album.

Ok cause it made it seem like Janet won a grammy. That's what the general audience watching would think. Austin stop being petty trying to discredit his work. He says you've done it before so stop trick. Both of y'all are some smart hoes and represent Janet very well. The fighting needs to end cause it ain't that serious. I see both sides. You still support Janet 100 percent and Austin chooses only 50 percent for now. This is all cause of Janet. When she gets herself together I think everyone else will. Think about what I said. Next time y'all have issues hit each other in the DM and talk it out like grown folks.

its like we feel the need to prove ourselves "right" over one another ...we can at least say she gave us a damn good album which I still play -_-

• Upvote 1

I always assumed JJ and TL won that Grammy because of the Control album. I mean Control was not only a huge breakthrough for Janet but for JJ and TL as well. They also achieved their first #1 mainstream hit with When I think of you along with Janet. That Grammy in my opinion was because of their work on the Control album.

But technically the award involved ALL of the work they did in the nomination period. 

Edited by Dammn Bu
  • Upvote 1

How many fucking times are we going to have the same goddamned fight?

We've all said our peace a bit too many fucking times. So many times that even I want to punch myself as much as Game wants to punch me. 

We already got down,  got through, now time to get up, and get the fuck over!

Edited by Jodienda76
  • Upvote 3

We've all said our peace a bit too many fucking times. So many times that even I want to punch myself as much as Game wants to punch me. 

I don't condone in violence... especially Internet violence. 

As many times as we discuss this, Some trolls can't seem to get it through their heads.. People have zero things to do... pathetic

• Upvote 1

I don't condone in violence... especially Internet violence. 

As many times as we discuss this, Some trolls can't seem to get it through their heads.. People have zero things to do... pathetic

I think we already know where we stand. There's no point in rehashing it. Some will remain bitter, some are satisfied. Fighting each other over, and over, and over, isn't going to change anything. Lets just all move on, kiss and make up... until our next meltdown. 

Edited by Jodienda76
  • Upvote 2

yassssss :lmao:  that was how I felt about it its beyond griping over now the shit is water under the bridge dusted, we know where anyone that cares to make a stand, actually stands

• Upvote 1

While that may be true, Control did not win a Grammy. J&T won as producers. You can't attribute that Grammy for them as an Grammy for the album, itself. 

They can say Control won a Grammy, too bad the Grammys don't agree.

YearCategoryTitleWinners
2001Best Dance RecordingAll For You

Janet Jackson, artist. Steve Hodge, mixer. Janet Jackson, Jimmy Jam & Terry Lewis, producers.

1997Best Short Form Music VideoGot 'Till It's Gone

Janet Jackson, artist. Mark Romanek, video director. Aris McGarry, video producer.

1995Best Music Video, Short FormScream

Janet Jackson & Michael Jackson, artists. Mark Romanek, video director. Cean Chaffin, video producer.

1993Best Rhythm & Blues SongThat's The Way Love Goes

Janet Jackson, Jimmy Jam & Terry Lewis, songwriters.

1989Best Music Video - Long FormRhythm Nation 1814

Janet Jackson, artist. Dominic Sena, Jonathan Dayton & Valerie Faris, video directors. Aris McGarry, Jonathan Dayton & Valerie Faris, video producers.

• Upvote 1