Mariah Carey Fucked Up

Rock & Roll Hall of Game

At this point... I think she should do 1 album as is, do all those generic JD wannabe We Belong Together ballads, the generic hoodriah tracks, and the 3 good songs (like she's done for the past couple of eras) and after the 2 months of promotion and it's forgotten, I think she should take her chances and get that vocal chord scrapping for those nodules, and take that 50/50 shot, it's scary cause on 1 hand it can restore her voice to maybe 20yrs ago or even better BUT it  can stop her from singing completely (ala Julie Andrews). But at this point she really doesn't have anything to lose in terms of her future as a vocalist or performer. If it goes wrong she can be a socialite, do like Whitney do a career branch being a executive producer, songwrite for others, produce for others....lipsync to her stuff....I'd still see her, my thing is if you goin to pay to see Mariah, you payin for the personality these days, she was never the girl who's live versions of her songs were better than the album versions (she was in the 1st 2 eras, there's amazing performances of VOL, Love Takes Time, Can't Let Go, Etc.. But somewhere between Music Box & Butterfly that changed). She really has WAY more to gain by doing the scrapping than to loose right now

Real talk this was either as bad as or worse than the TRL meltdown....and I'm feeling like I'm being generous with "as bad as"...

If the surgery goes right it'll be a Emancipation part 2. Hell even if it takes her voice she'd deserve credit for actually taking that chance.

I was trying so hard to hear and read all you had to say, but only problem with her going "socialite" is thats so NOT Mariah, some part of me thinks this may have given her attention.....she wants/desires/needs/ the ATTENTION.....she's not going to go behind the camera to hype others up, shes too far gone for it, for Mariah, fame is her drug, she's addicted....Now let me read the rest :filenails: .....ugh okay read some more, most people, including myself, arent paying attention to small moments like this with celebs, unless she had a gun to her head and robbed on stage, that shit that went down was some scratch yo head huh? shit....nothing else. people dont care, the only ones focused on this are Mariah fans, those that aren't Mariah fans dont give a fuck if she shows up and sings live 1990 Mariah or lips it, they dont give a fuck...as for any surgery she could risk it because as you said she has nothing to lose because even I was surprised at how bad she sounds live she can't duplicate most of any of her shit ...she can still get coins off that Christmas album that shit charts every year, if she wants to be that chick <_<

Edited by Bailey.

At this point... I think she should do 1 album as is, do all those generic JD wannabe We Belong Together ballads, the generic hoodriah tracks, and the 3 good songs (like she's done for the past couple of eras) and after the 2 months of promotion and it's forgotten, I think she should take her chances and get that vocal chord scrapping for those nodules, and take that 50/50 shot, it's scary cause on 1 hand it can restore her voice to maybe 20yrs ago or even better BUT it  can stop her from singing completely (ala Julie Andrews). But at this point she really doesn't have anything to lose in terms of her future as a vocalist or performer. If it goes wrong she can be a socialite, do like Whitney do a career branch being a executive producer, songwrite for others, produce for others....lipsync to her stuff....I'd still see her, my thing is if you goin to pay to see Mariah, you payin for the personality these days, she was never the girl who's live versions of her songs were better than the album versions (she was in the 1st 2 eras, there's amazing performances of VOL, Love Takes Time, Can't Let Go, Etc.. But somewhere between Music Box & Butterfly that changed). She really has WAY more to gain by doing the scrapping than to loose right now

Real talk this was either as bad as or worse than the TRL meltdown....and I'm feeling like I'm being generous with "as bad as"...

If the surgery goes right it'll be a Emancipation part 2. Hell even if it takes her voice she'd deserve credit for actually taking that chance.

Damn is vocal chord scraping that dangerous? 

• Downvote 1

Damn is vocal chord scraping that dangerous? 

yeah. Julie Andrews (Mary Poppins, Sound of Music) famously lost her singing voice because of it. Mariah's had them since she was a kid so she was able to sing through them but her technique made them grow and the damage started around 1997. One of the Boys II Men guys actually told her in the studio during One Sweet Day that she's going to lose her voice if she keeps singing the way she does but she didn't listen. 

The drinking doesn't help either 

Edited by Dammn Bu
  • Upvote 1

no but she was a executive producer and very involved in all the movies she was behind 

And thats true, I cant see Mariah being behind a movie or album shes not IN lol 

Meh. Whitney isn't a greatest role model when it comes to life path

Mariah is going to keep doing Mariah: date someone half her age, wear age inappropriate outfits, lip sync, release a shit album, tour in Vegas, repeat

• Upvote 1

Whitney didn't write for herself

Mariah has something called an "ego" 

Whitney did write a couple of songs. And everyone has an ego of some kind. It's called Human Nature. And she's not sorry.:rolleyes:

No one is the greatest role model. Everyone makes mistakes in their life. It doesn't erase what they contributed. And Whitney has contributed plenty.

She wrote which one of her hits... I'll wait 

Jarryl knew what I meant. Pls stop defending Mariah's huge ego

Takin' A Chance, Something in Common, Queen of the Night, Count on Me, Whatchulookinat, I Got You, I Didn't Know My Own Strength and Like I Never Left. And I love how you altered your question to "hits." In any event, I'll oblige. Count on Me reached #8 on the Hot 100.:D

And I wasn't defending anything, because there was nothing that needed defending. Every human being has an ego. Including you and me. You can't denounce someone for having the same thing you do.

Takin' A Chance, Something in Common, Queen of the Night, Count on Me, Whatchulookinat, I Got You, I Didn't Know My Own Strength and Like I Never Left. And I love how you altered your question to "hits." In any event, I'll oblige. Count on Me reached #8 on the Hot 100.:D

And I wasn't defending anything, because there was nothing that needed defending. Every human being has an ego. Including you and me. You can't denounce someone for having the same thing you do.

so one hit

my ego and your ego isn't as large as Mariah. I'm not denouncing her bc she has one... I'm denouncing her bc she's got a BIG one. 

Edited by Game

Mariah is going to keep doing Mariah: date someone half her age, wear age inappropriate outfits, lip sync, release a shit album, tour in Vegas, repeat

Just personal lives and relationship wise. Business wise and how Whit was kinda getting coinage when people didn't know from these major Disney projects, that should be copied by a few out here.

It's sad cause it's true...

Related image

Just personal lives and relationship wise. Business wise and how Whit was kinda getting coinage when people didn't know from these major Disney projects, that should be copied by a few out here.
It's sad cause it's true...

Mariah's ego is too large for her not be front and center... She's a very insecure person

As the Mariah Carey saga continues following her New Year's Eve performance debacle, none other than Tommy Mottola—who catapulted Carey to stardom and was married to her for five years—has entered the fray. In a note given to the New York Post's Page Six, Mottola defended the siren while advising her to find "more seasoned and respected professionals" to handle her career and questioned the wisdom of her pending reality series.

“MC is arguably the greatest pop voice to come along in the last three decades," Mottola wrote. "She has had more number one hits than any pop artist in history!!! She is a global icon and a treasure with incredible talent not only as a singer but as a great songwriter. What happened on NYE could’ve happened to anyone! Yes, her technical people should’ve helped pay more attention to all of it so that there was no chance of that happening.”

http://hitsdailydouble.com/news&id=304390

Meh you can chalk it up to technical difficulties, but as a singer Mariah should be able to improvise and just sing the damn song. Gaga would just say to cut the track and do it acapella. Or take out a piano app on her phone. :rolleyes: 

• Upvote 1