Janet "Together Again" Tour 2023

Bailey

Loving the show so far! It seems like she’s taken the overall production value, stage, song transitions, etc. up a notch and is eating it up. I see her second row in a few weeks and can’t wait!

My only real gripe — I love seeing her wear colors but the pink outfit is so fucking ugly. :asham:

• Upvote 2

I want to seethe for you all cuz im in the UK, but I cant. The few clips I can bring myself do watch look good.  I loved Throb/Freexone mashup and Boyfriend/Girlfriend performances.

Not really a fan of any of the outfits Ive seen, except the opening sparky brown catsuit. Janet was really trolling since people always clown her for being to covered up/baggy clothes, so she opens in that coat 😁 I see you Janet, I really do.

Edit: I take it back about outfits...they all suffice except pinky.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/18/2023 at 6:04 AM, kennita jo said:

Loving the show so far! It seems like she’s taken the overall production value, stage, song transitions, etc. up a notch and is eating it up. I see her second row in a few weeks and can’t wait!

My only real gripe — I love seeing her wear colors but the pink outfit is so fucking ugly. :asham:

She's definitely killin' it. In fact, I don't know if I've ever seen her like this. The song choices, choreography, outfits, dancers.... She seems to really be happy doing it

3 hours ago, bonsaibutterfly said:

Does anyone know the song in the beginning of the show when the pictures are shown? The beat before Damita Jo. Is it a remix of an old song? Or a new song. I've never heard it and love it.

I think its the Love Me remix of JALW

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know what the usual length of time has been between doors opening and when Ludacris comes on? And then how much time between Ludacris and Janet? Trying to get an idea of what time she’ll take the stage at tomorrow night’s show. ☺️

15 hours ago, kaeh12132 said:

Does anyone know what the usual length of time has been between doors opening and when Ludacris comes on? And then how much time between Ludacris and Janet? Trying to get an idea of what time she’ll take the stage at tomorrow night’s show. ☺️

I've been following Janetclub forums, they are rather active in posting their experiences at each show

• Like 1

Well I can finally come in here! I went to the monday MSG show. That was my first time seeing Janet live... it was so amazing and one of the best experiences of my life.

Spoiler for setlist, but my favorite part was Janet performing "Again." She kept stopping because the audience was so loud singing every word. She was smiling and visibly moved by it. The crowd had their phone lights up swaying. It was so special. Made me tear up. :tear:

• Like 2

On 5/7/2023 at 7:26 PM, kaeh12132 said:

Doors opened at 6:30 and Ludacris came on right around 7:40 my show. His set lasts about 45 mins. Janet came on at around 8:45. 

On 5/10/2023 at 1:43 PM, Aquaria said:

Well I can finally come in here! I went to the monday MSG show. That was my first time seeing Janet live... it was so amazing and one of the best experiences of my life.

Spoiler for setlist, but my favorite part was Janet performing "Again." She kept stopping because the audience was so loud singing every word. She was smiling and visibly moved by it. The crowd had their phone lights up swaying. It was so special. Made me tear up. :tear:

I can imagine. I'm glad you got to see her live!! I mean, Janet can make the crowd go crazy just by standing alone on stage, as we all know :D I love that her shows were always kind of simple and intimate, and I don't mean this in a bad way. 

• Like 1

Janet wore me and my husband OUT last night.  It was my fourth time and his first, but neither of us had ever sat so close to a stage.  We're both still in shock and my husband legitimately did not know what hit him.  Over ten years later and I think he finally understands my love for Janet.

She is truly flawless up close and her command of the stage and crowd -- even if she's just going through the motions being so many shows and tours in -- is still on an entirely different level.  Loved the setlist, the transitions, the stage, (most of) the new choreo, etc.  Also in spite of my hatred for that pink outfit, I loved that section live.  She seems to connect with those deep cuts differently (her form of justice for Damita Jo and 20 Y.O. maybe :lol:).

I also had a moment with her during LWNDWY where she locked eyes with me and made my same hand motion for like six entire seconds, so I can die happy now. :wub:  My husband literally had to punch me in the shoulder to bring me back to earth.

The show is fantastic and as a longtime fan, I am so happy for Jan.  She seems to be in such a good space and I've loved seeing her (slowly) get her flowers over the last few years.

• Like 1

I went to the Janet show last weekend in Charlotte. Was crazy. Janet caused a traffic jam and although I left in time to see Ludacris' set, I didn't end up at the arena until Janet was already on stage but I still saw most of it - except maybe the 1st 3 or 4 songs. I had a time. I went with my family - and I'm not sure if they knew how hype I would be haha.

Thankfully, I get to see her again next month at the Hollywood Bowl + it's BYOB!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...