The what if thread

Xtraordinary Xternal

Does the song make the artists or does the artist make the song? Would a song be a big hit regardless of who sung it? This isn't meant to discredit anyone or create a stan war give ur honest opinion... without the predictable stan responses.

Usher did "OMG" but what if Chris did it instead would it still be a monster hit?

Janet Jackson "Feedback" would feedback be a bigger hit if someone younger like Ciara did it? (pre fantasy ride & Basic Instinct) Ciara

Beyonce "single ladies" Could Janet pull that type of song off? Do you think it would have had the same success?

Beyonce "irreplaceable" Would this have been a good comeback song for Ashanti instead?

Lady Gaga "bad romance" Would people gravitate to the song if Christina A sung it?

Does the song make the artists or does the artist make the song? Would a song be a big hit regardless of who sung it? This isn't meant to discredit anyone or create a stan war give ur honest opinion... without the predictable stan responses.

Usher did "OMG" but what if Chris did it instead would it still be a monster hit?

Janet Jackson "Feedback" would feedback be a bigger hit if someone younger like Ciara did it? (pre fantasy ride & Basic Instinct) Ciara

Beyonce "single ladies" Could Janet pull that type of song off? Do you think it would have had the same success?

Beyonce "irreplaceable" Would this have been a good comeback song for Ashanti instead?

Lady Gaga "bad romance" Would people gravitate to the song if Christina A sung it?

Not in the UK I don't think - besides, Feedback only got to #108 on the chart :(

Chris doing OMG...no it wouldn't be a monster hit. Radio is still being shady to him

Ciara doing Feedback...it probably would have been a bigger hit, but only because she's younger (and at that time) had less BS following her career.

Janet doing Single Ladies...I don't see it.

Ashanti doing Irreplaceable... I don't care.

Christina doing Bad Romance...I don't care.

* If Chris did 'OMG' it would've been his comeback. Maybe not a monster hit like Usher made it, but still big.

* I don't think Ciara or anyone else would've had a bigger hit with 'Feedback'. As much as I live for that song, I can see why it peaked where it did.

* If Janet had've come out with 'Single Ladies' (video and all) it would've made headlines, but I don't think the single would've had the same success.

* 'Irreplaceable' would've been a hit for Ashanti or anybody else who tried it. It's just that generic. Especially since that played out Stargate sound was everywhere at the time.

* If Christina had've come back with 'Bad Romance' it would've been a monster. Provided Lady Gaga hadn't released 'Poker Face' first. Actually, even then, still a monster.

* If Chris did 'OMG' it would've been his comeback. Maybe not a monster hit like Usher made it, but still big.

* I don't think Ciara or anyone else would've had a bigger hit with 'Feedback'. As much as I live for that song, I can see why it peaked where it did.

* If Janet had've come out with 'Single Ladies' (video and all) it would've made headlines, but I don't think the single would've had the same success.

* 'Irreplaceable' would've been a hit for Ashanti or anybody else who tried it. It's just that generic. Especially since that played out Stargate sound was everywhere at the time.

* If Christina had've come back with 'Bad Romance' it would've been a monster. Provided Lady Gaga hadn't released 'Poker Face' first. Actually, even then, still a monster.

The thing with feedback & omg I just felt like the dancing wasn't strong... I was disappointed with the dancing in feedback & OMG....

Archived