Michael Jackson, TLC, Brandy, Mariah Carey, Paula Abdul

TwistedElegance™

Janet - Rock, Pop, House, Hip-Hop, Raggae, Rap, Rnb, Jazz, Latin, Spoken Word, Opera

Madonna - One or two little genre's

Janet works with all types of artists, sounds, people. See the difference :coffee:

this...

i don't know Paula's music catalog at all... but the other girls, Brandy, Mariah (especially) has a more-well-rounded sound than Madonna...

Madonna songs are all pop (aside from the "Bedtime Stories" album alleged)

Janet - Rock, Pop, House, Hip-Hop, Raggae, Rap, Rnb, Jazz, Latin, Spoken Word, Opera

Janet works with all types of artists, sounds, people. See the difference :coffee:

Erotica spans dance, pop, jazz, rap, hip-hop, house.

Bedtime Stories is almost all R&B.

Ray of Light is electronic, ambient, very different from anything else at the time.

Music is pure pop but American Life is something else... sort of electro-acoustic ambient pop.

COADF is obviously just dance music and Hard Candy tries to be more urban. So yeah she's obviously not a one-trick pony and her musical shifts have been much more obvious than Janet's.

Erotica spans dance, pop, jazz, rap, hip-hop, house.

Bedtime Stories is almost all R&B.

Ray of Light is electronic, ambient, very different from anything else at the time.

Music is pure pop but American Life is something else... sort of electro-acoustic ambient pop.

COADF is obviously just dance music and Hard Candy tries to be more urban. So yeah she's obviously not a one-trick pony and her musical shifts have been much more obvious than Janet's.

the basic genres of mainstream music 80-now:

Rock

Pop (dance, electronic, etc)

Hip-Hop/Rap

Country

R&B

everything from 198#-now falls under some those generic genres.. country is a form of R&B but still separate...

the basic genres of mainstream music 80-now (not including inst:

Rock

Pop (dance, electronic, etc)

Hip-Hop/Rap

Country

R&B

everything from 198#-now falls under some those generic genres.. country is a form of R&B but still separate... adding the words "electronic"

And do you really think Janet does stuff outside of that? :blink: Neither is more versatile than the other. It's a bit of a reach to say Janet did opera so she's more versatile than Madonna, when Janet only featured one opera singer on one song.

ARE YOU READING? :mellow: :mellow: :mellow: :mellow:

Game said out of these five (MJ,Brandy,TLC,Mariah,Paula)...Madonna isnt as versatile them

Janet was not included in what he said.So why did you post all of Janets diff genre's? That's not who he was reffering to :blink:

And do you really think Janet does stuff outside of that? :blink: Neither is more versatile than the other. It's a bit of a reach to say Janet did opera so she's more versatile than Madonna, when Janet only featured one opera singer on one song.

how many songs does Madonna have that feature an opera singer... :filenails: i'll wait

I find Janet's music to be more... well-rounded than Madonna's... :coffee:

i think he was agreeing with me...

That doesn't change the fact that he wasn't reading nor the fact of Madonna "supposedly" not being as versatile as Brandy,Mariah,and Paula.:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

No one was debating Janets versatility ..she wasnt one of the examples :umm:

Then later you say "well I dont know Paula's catalog to well"...then why would you be so quick to say it? :blink: See what happens when you're ALWAYS so quick to shade some damn body..you end up putting your foot in your mouth :wacko:

Then later you say "well I dont know Paula's catalog to well"...then why would you be so quick to say it? :blink: See what happens when you're ALWAYS so quick to shade some damn body..you end up putting your foot in your mouth :wacko:

i don't know it at all really... i know Janet's career evolved off of Paula's... granted Paula was Janet's choreographer for a while... not to mention the IF choreography looks similar to one of Paula's crummy videos

but i didn't put my foot in my mouth...

Either all your remixes have damaged your ears or you clearly know NOTHING about her

Archived