Janet's lip-synching. Not what you think

JoeJoe

Hi everyone!:)

Yes, it was an electrifying experience to watch Janet Jackson live. I guess I am those privelege ones who get to watch her every time *wink*. I’m even glad to be part of Manila’s tech team. Yes, there is such thing as a wireless guitar connection and that’s done through a receiver and transmitter. I should know as I do the installing and checking of that kind. Janet’s band do the thing called sound check usually done a day and hours before the concert. Janet did her ballads in full live. My job also taught me how to easily spot the difference if the singing is live or not. If you are seated at the front row seats you need not be technical to spot this. On her ballads you can clearly see her neck veins showing (that’s one way to know that the vocal chord is being used) you can hear her panting while singing and at times would catch her breath LOL. There are occasions when you can hear her faintly trying to sing into the head mic that’s falling off her face. At one point, she can hardly sing (thanks to her back up singers) that she adjusted herself the power box of the mic (the black box attached on her waist) in the middle of her performance. And we need to adjust that at times during the Manila concert as she finds it hard to hear her voice on that deafening cheers from the Manila crowd. I don’t think icons such as Janet and legends does a lot of lip singing. Based on experience I know for a fact that she sang live, I say lip singing is very tacky and to do that on pre recorded vocals is risky and a sure suicide LOL. Well, she did sang live but she does not do that on a full song on performances that require heavy movements. In my job we call it singing on backing vocals, that’s when you’ll hear her sing in snippets instead doing it on full verse and her back up singers completes the job for her that’s how it actually works. Even her brother Michael does that…back up singers really play a big role when they sing the backing vocals they should sound like the singer. Watch several concert videos and you’ll know what I mean. By the way youtube videos are not a reliable way of knowing objectively if she is singing live or not. I found a couple of the Manila concert videos where the video and the audio used came from two different sources/files. You’ll know because if you download them the video was at a different speed than the audio. Video was just pre- arranged at such that it would match the vocals,of the audio taken from a diff source.

Anyway, Manila was a great audience and great in singing too. You were WILD! peepz…it was such a fun and crazy crazy night and she and her team loved it!

ok well how the hell am I supposed to know if its fake or not. Y'all really don't understand me when I say I rarely pay attention to stuff. I read the whole article but I didn't even read the other posts in that thread at Janet-Xone lol

ok well how the hell am I supposed to know if its fake or not. Y'all really don't understand me when I say I rarely pay attention to stuff. I read the whole article but I didn't even read the other posts in that thread at Janet-Xone lol

No, I think it's fairly evident. :lol:

And you wonder why we asked Boi to put your threads on preview.

:sigh:

i cant believe this is still an issue for some fans that they have to write a whole paragraph about it and go into detail. Is it really THAT big of a deal. :umm:

Thank U She uses an extremely loud back track maybe her vocal cords are shot, but I don't care anymore. I saw her do live vocals years ago. Movin on :coffee:

Not only that but to take a fake story from Janet-Xone is just :mellow:

:thumbup:

:sigh:

i cant believe this is still an issue for some fans that they have to write a whole paragraph about it and go into detail. Is it really THAT big of a deal. :umm:

I know

I didn't even read it

And I'm surprised that JoeJoe would even jack this shit

Archived