'X-Men 4' and 'X-Men 5' Are in Development

Dee

:excited:

More "X-Men" projects are in development. After speaking about plans to make X4 in September 2009, producer Lauren Shuler-Donner has recently spilled to Empire magazine that a fourth installment of the superhero film franchise indeed will happen, and the fifth film will follow next.

Speaking to the publication, the producer said, "We took the treatment to Fox and they love it...And X4 leads into X5." X4 will apparently be the continuation of "X-Men: The Last Stand", while X5 will serve as the sequel of X4.

On the occasion, Shuler-Donner also spoke about "Deadpool". She claimed that the comic-adapted movie is R-rated, calling it a "total reboot". She said, "It's a total reboot. We're either going to pretend that 'X-Men Origins: Wolverine' didn't happen, or mock it, which he could do. It's insane, it's definitely comedy. But it's an R script, it's really irreverent and violent."

"Right away, we're out of the X-Men world," she went on. She also informed that Ryan Reynolds is still up to reprise his character in the film. "He's very involved, Ryan Reynolds. He's working with the writers on the screenplay and it is as much his as it is ours. I'm tellin' ya, it's true to the comic. You'll see all of them. You'll see Wade Wilson, the good-looking Ryan Reynolds! You'll see Deadpool in his costume and you'll see the cancer-scarred face. We're looking for a director."

In addition to speaking about "X4" and "Deadpool", the long-time producer for "X-Men" installments gushed about "The Wolverine" as well. She explained that the film will be different from "X-Men Origins: Wolverine". She detailed, "It will have depth and a dramatic backbone. And yet there's more action in this one than in any one we've ever done. It's such a good script. We have the great Christopher McQuarrie writing and it's very true to the Japanese saga. This is Logan on his own...

http://www.aceshowbi...w/00039331.html

They don't want to lose the license back to marvel so they are going to keep pumping out films for it. Ugh. I think marvel would do a better job with them like they are with the Avengers series of films so far, I wish Sony and Fox would let Spiderman and X-men lapse back into their hands.

I wish they would make a "storm" film..........I am so disappointed in the character of Storm in the films she is so lame, when in reality bitch can control the weather, she should be the baddest of all the x-men.

It won't be...Halle doesn't do Storm justice at all. They should make it about Rogue.

As quiet as its kept, Anna Paquin isn't exactly amazing as Rogue either. She does an ok Job of Rogue as a teen, but I can't see her as the rogue of the characters adulthood. Plus Storm has a more interesting power. Both have good back stories, but i would take a Storm movie over a Rogue movie anyday.

At what point does Hollywood decide to start doing something new, I mean they have done so much with these super heroes

Honestly I hope someone else plays Storm next go round and this thread should me merged with my X-Men thread :rolleyes:

I need for them to have Gambit in it too!!!

Anyway as for Halle/Storm. I think she COULD do a good job if she was actually allowed to do anything with her character. It seems Storm is just...THERE. so far it's the Rogue, Wolverine, Professor X and Jean show. There's more to X Men than them IMO.

Anyway as for Halle/Storm. I think she COULD do a good job if she was actually allowed to do anything with her character. It seems Storm is just...THERE. so far it's the Rogue, Wolverine, Professor X and Jean show. There's more to X Men than them IMO.

i love jean tho :wub:

:whistle:

Archived