Today marks 16 years since Selena passed away

art

I never knew who she was til Jennifer Lopez made that film. She wasn't popular in the UK so I never knew who she was ...

I think the film made her a lot more popular in the US too - I only vaguely knew who she was before that, and even then I think I only knew who she was after she died (because her English-language stuff was released after her death). But I was also only like 8 years old at the time, so might not have the clearest recollections.

I loved me some Selena...certain places in Belize used to stan for this bitch like no other lol...Amor Prohibido is still one of my favorite songs ever...I won first place in the festival of arts dancing to that song as a kid lol...you would have thought that I had experienced life the way I felt that damn song lol....RIP Selena

Si una vez was and still is my all time favorite Selena song. So many latin singers have tried to make their own versions of that song. Alicia Villareal and la India have been the only two singers to do a Selena song justice. RIP Selena.

i agree

every other artist should leave her songs alone except Alicia and La India

Archived