What's wrong with this picture?

art

Janet has stated herself that she's more eccentric than the conventional type of styling. ALL Janet stans know this or should know this. So none of her "incorrect" fashions surprise me because Janets aim is not to always be conventional in the first place.

She's not a fashion icon, she's a style icon. And most of her iconic styles come from her videos. She has never been a label whore, although she has her favorite designers. But a lot of her outfits have inspired other peoples style.

Exactly... it's the videos and signature looks, not the everyday clothes.

I think she's called a fashion icon because she was "that bitch" in the '80s and '90s, and throughout the 2000s she's still been idolized/praised by the black community. Plus, she's gorgeous, so she looks good in everything. Beyoncé dresses even worse but she'll be called a style icon because so many women and girls look up to her.

In the '80s there was the big black hair (MANY different styles lol)... the keychain earring... the all-black-everything... In the '90s she had the beautiful curls and the short cuts, the midriff, the not-trying-too-hard-but-I'm-the-shit red carpet looks. She has an effortless aura about her that people admire. When she misses, she still looks good, except for that time between 2006 and 2008 that I'm going to block out. :)

She's not a fashion icon, she's a style icon. And most of her iconic styles come from her videos. She has never been a label whore, although she has her favorite designers. But a lot of her outfits have inspired other peoples style.

bingo.

Janets style is always a hit or miss for me. I always like her more when she tries to be edgy and different. I hate conservative Janet :thumbdown:

Well Janet doesn't really have a signature style when it comes to fashion. I don't think we can consider "out-there" or "unapologetic" styles. :unsure: She's never been someone who shits on the red carpet like a J. Lo.

The rhythm nation outfit.

The stomach baring top she made popular, that a certain current popstar borrowed.

Archived