Christina Aguilera Reflects On The Past Year, Talks New Album

TwistedElegance™

Christina Aguilera is truly humbled by the past year, just like she was saying in an older interview. On Jay Leno the other night, the singer promoted her upcoming show, The Voice – and even joked about past mishaps that got her so much negative media.

The new singing competition, which premiered last night, is different from other shows now running on TV in that it emphasizes the importance of having a good voice – with factors like appeal and good looks barely being taken into consideration.

On Leno, Christina talked about her Easter holiday with son Max, how they painted eggs and went egg-hunting, dished on a recent trip to Disneyland and being honored at the Hollywood Gay Walk of Fame at The Abbey in West Hollywood, as the video below will confirm.

She also said she was working on a brand new album, but did not offer more details about it.

Christina also had the strength to laugh about her past mishaps that brought her so much negative media, like her fumbling the words of the national anthem at the Super Bowl and tripping on the stage at the Grammys.

Mostly, though, she talked about her upcoming show, which promises to be like a breath of fresh air with the market being so saturated of talent and singing competitions.

In the same interview, Aguilera also pointed out that she’s extremely competitive and that comes very in handy to her, since the judges on the show are also supposed to convince contestants to choose them as mentors in case of a tie.

Also recently, Christina made an appearance on The Ellen DeGeneres show as well, where she spoke about the Super Bowl mishap once more – stressing that people would simply not believe she got caught in the moment when she forgot the words.

“I think had a moment where I was at the Super Bowl at 30 years old. I took in the moment a little bit too much. Shoot me for appreciating the moment but here I am at the Super Bowl, singing for a team and in front of the world,” Christina told Ellen.

“And remembering what it was like to be that young and look where I made it now. And then it was like, oh,” she added.

http://news.softpedia.com/news/Christina-Aguilera-Does-Jay-Leno-Talks-New-Album-196899.shtml

More about the album:

"For this one, I really want to make a real rooted, heartfelt record. After someone goes through the things that I have, regarding a divorce, there's a lot of emotions that are stirred."

http://perezhilton.com/2011-04-26-christina-aguilera-talks-about-the-voice

Damn @ that last line. Bring it on.

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

she's gonna come up short.. but good luck

now that u're a judge on a flop tv contest... you're career is gonna skyrocket

:coffee:

she said this in USA TODAY:

“I prove to myself that I’m stronger than just to let things take over me, and take over my head space,” Aguilera says. “I’m very honest with myself in seeing if there are things that I need to change about my life, or if there are things I need to do stepping forward.

“That’s in part why I got the divorce. It’s a new beginning for me. It’s all positivity for me. I’ve been through some hard things, but I’m on the up and up.

Xtina doesn't need hype..

This is true!

I never understand why ppl say.."bitch needs to drop a new video, or blah blah, or the leak ruined it blah blah"

if ur a true superstar, u dont need 2 rely on hype, videos, timing of leaks etc

and id say xtina fits into the calibre of artist

ppl just get exicted about her about the prospect of a new album

she dont need to build hype up

This is true!

I never understand why ppl say.."bitch needs to drop a new video, or blah blah, or the leak ruined it blah blah"

you mean like her last 2 albums?

Janet Jackson is that, Madonna, Elton John in some communities... Barabra Streisand...

Xtina... no

This is true!

Exactly..She's the type of artist where I'll anticipate anything that she comes out with.

Archived