FEMME FATALE CERTIFIED PLATINUM...................IT'S BRITNEY BYTCH !!

SNAP-A-DYKK 1814

Britney is doing fine. She still has hit singles, her albums still sell, and she can still sell tour tickets. If anyone is on their way out, its Ms Floptina boo.

But then in that case Janet is 'doing fine' too and people need to acknowledge this. It annoys me that yull accept Britney with her dwindling sales is still 'doing fine' at just 30, but will make out Janet isn't relevant any more and is flopping WHEN she's not that far off in success at a much older age.

(And don't say you don't give the impression you think she's no longer relevant cause you would otherwise be defending her). I'm getting fed up with people 'ignoring' Janet as an 'older artist' whose passed her prime but still 'okay'. NO Sorry, truth is Janet is dancing better and giving us a youthful era better than any current star right now and she's not even got new music out.

As far as I'm concerned, Janet is just as popular and relevant as any of the current females, because the success she has had with all those issues involved (lack of radio airplay etc) is good considering and not actually that far off the current females who are played on radio and got mass promo.

I think its more of an achievement and proof that Janet's more relevant that Janet could sell 500,000 of Discipline, with no radio airplay, 1 week of promo, no major hit single, at 42 years old, than it is for Britney to sell a million of FF on the back of a no.1 hit single, tonnes of radio airplay and video play at 30. If Britney is REALLY all that she's being painted and more relevant than Janet, then sorry, at this stage Britney should have sold double what she has already ATLEAST.

Some of you are clearly caught up in the media perceptions and not seeing the real picture.

I see Janet the same way I do Michael J in their 40s, in that, Michael released Invincible in 2001, it sold 10 million on the back of one single. People believed media and called it a flop, but actually if you consider the factors, it did well and would have done better if it had the ususal support that a successful album project should have and he still would have been considered as relevant as Justin Timberlake etc.

I say the same for Damita Jo, 20 Y.O and Discipline. I can honestly say that had those albums had 5 singles each, all videos, promo, and tours and radio airplay, they would have sold just as much if not more than all the current female artists and YULL wouldn't be talking like she's irrelevant.

Janet is a 'dormant' artist, the same way Michael was (Michael came back and sold out 50 concerts outta nowhere.). She could come any minute and sell tonnes and have a massive comeback. She is not irrelevant, she's just as popular as the current artists, point is, many people just don't know it yet cause there hasn't been the physical evidence to prove it due to numerous factors.

I wanna see us all on here supporting and talking of Janet, the same way you'd see any current popular artist you like. We should be assuming the success and anticipating a new album from her the same way a gaga fan is doing with gaga, or Beyonce fan is doing with Beyonce.

I'm tired of the 'Diana ross, Tina Turner' sydrome in here. Janet is not 60, she's not irrelevant. She's current, going nowhere and has the POTENTIAL to explode again. Stop talking like you like Janet but don't think she's relevant anymore as if its okay to think like that. Either back her 100% like a current artist or make like a tree and leave to one of the current artists forums.

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Britney is doing fine. She still has hit singles, her albums still sell, and she can still sell tour tickets. If anyone is on their way out, its Ms Floptina boo.

Britney is not doing fine. :umm: Her only hit from this album is the lead single, which tanked shortly after it went #1 (now see where shooting to #1 on iTunes in a matter of hours gets you). Her album is flopping. With the exception of Xtina, all of her peers have been slaying her for quite some time.

Just to bring things up to speed:

Albums

Janet Jackson

Soundscan - 61,815

Sony BMG - 82,000

= 143,815

Dream Street

Soundscan - 21,320

Sony BMG -44,000

= 65,320

http://www.ukmix.org/forums/viewtopic.php?p=1120452#1120452 for Soundscan

Control

Certification - 5x platinum

Soundscan - 496,000

BMG Club House - 883,000

= 6,379,000

Control is obviously 6x platinum. Columbia House was comparable in size to Sony BMG Music Club, so it has probably sold the same amount there as in BMG. So Control could be 7 or 8x platinum.

Rhythm Nation 1814

Certification - 6x platinum

Soundscan - 1,377,000

Sony BMG - 1,100,000

= 8,477,000

Some of that total is in the Soundscan era. No one knows how much this album truly sold other than A&M. But the figure ties in nicely with the NY Daily News estimate of 8.5 million

http://www.nydailynews.com/gossip/2009/11/19/2009-11-19_janet_jacksons_hopes_for_new_future_with_old_label_am_records.html

There's 23,000 RN's sitting out there, so we can safely assume NY Daily News is true.

= 8,500,000

janet.

Certification - 6x platinum

Soundscan - 7,010,000

Sony BMG - 860,000

= 7,870,000

janet. should obviously be 8x platinum, probably more.

Design of A Decade

Certification - 2x platinum

Soundscan - 2,422,000

Sony BMG - 1,480,000

= 3,902,000

Should be 4x platinum. This is Janet's best seller in her back catalog, so it's obviously 4x platinum

Velvet Rope

Certification - 3x platinum

Soundscan - 3,229,000

Sony BMG - 420,000

= 3,649,000

All For You

Certification - 2x platinum

Soundscan - 3,107,000

Sony BMG - 100,000

= 3,207,000

Damita Jo

Certification - Platinum

Soundscan - 1,002,000

= 1,002,000

20 Y.O.

Certification - Platinum

Soundscan - 655,000

= 655,000

Discipline

Soundscan - 446,000

= 446,000

Number Ones

Soundscan - 172,000 (double disc over 100 minutes, so it counts twice); 344,000

Total U.S. album sales = 36,163,135

Her RIAA certifications are obviously at least 40 million. She sold 4,743,000 albums through Sony BMG Music Club. As stated previously, Columbia House was comparable in size so you could tack on another 3 or 4 million albums. If you factor in other club house sales, reshipments, etc, I estimate her RIAA tally to be about 43 million.

Receipts:

http://www.riaa.com/goldandplatinumdata.php?resultpage=1&table=SEARCH_RESULTS&action=&title=&artist=janet%20jackson&format=ALBUM&debutLP=&category=&sex=&releaseDate=&requestNo=&type=&level=&label=&company=&certificationDate=&awardDescription=&catalogNo=&aSex=&rec_id=&charField=&gold=&platinum=&multiPlat=&level2=&certDate=&album=&id=&after=&before=&startMonth=1&endMonth=1&startYear=1958&endYear=2010&sort=Artist&perPage=25

http://www.billboard.com/#/column/chartbeat/ask-billboard-life-after-discussing-divas-1004009551.story

http://www.mi2n.com/press.php3?press_nb=47877

http://new.music.yahoo.com/blogs/chart_watch/70544/week-ending-dec-5-2010-the-gift-that-keeps-on-giving/

Based on confirmed sales:

Rhythm Nation 1814 - 8,500,000

janet. - 7,870,000

Control - 6,379,000

Design of a Decade - 3,902,000

Velvet Rope - 3,649,000

All For You - 3,207,000

Damita Jo - 1,002,000

20 Y.O. - 655,000

Discipline - 446,000

Number Ones - 172,000/344,000

Janet Jackson - 143,815

Dream Street - 65,320

:sigh:

Britney is not doing fine. :umm: Her only hit from this album is the lead single, which tanked shortly after it went #1 (now see where shooting to #1 on iTunes in a matter of hours gets you). Her album is flopping. With the exception of Xtina, all of her peers have been slaying her for quite some time.

No it's not :lol: TTWE is a top 10 hit and is increasing on radio. Her album sales just increased last week & is still in the top 10 after it's release. Not a flop. Plus, she just went Platinum :P

But then in that case Janet is 'doing fine' too and people need to acknowledge this. It annoys me that yull accept Britney with her dwindling sales is still 'doing fine' at just 30, but will make out Janet isn't relevant any more and is flopping WHEN she's not that far off in success at a much older age.

(And don't say you don't give the impression you think she's no longer relevant cause you would otherwise be defending her). I'm getting fed up with people 'ignoring' Janet as an 'older artist' whose passed her prime but still 'okay'. NO Sorry, truth is Janet is dancing better and giving us a youthful era better than any current star right now and she's not even got new music out.

As far as I'm concerned, Janet is just as popular and relevant as any of the current females, because the success she has had with all those issues involved (lack of radio airplay etc) is good considering and not actually that far off the current females who are played on radio and got mass promo.

I think its more of an achievement and proof that Janet's more relevant that Janet could sell 500,000 of Discipline, with no radio airplay, 1 week of promo, no major hit single, at 42 years old, than it is for Britney to sell a million of FF on the back of a no.1 hit single, tonnes of radio airplay and video play at 30. If Britney is REALLY all that she's being painted and more relevant than Janet, then sorry, at this stage Britney should have sold double what she has already ATLEAST.

Some of you are clearly caught up in the media perceptions and not seeing the real picture.

I see Janet the same way I do Michael J in their 40s, in that, Michael released Invincible in 2001, it sold 10 million on the back of one single. People believed media and called it a flop, but actually if you consider the factors, it did well and would have done better if it had the ususal support that a successful album project should have and he still would have been considered as relevant as Justin Timberlake etc.

I say the same for Damita Jo, 20 Y.O and Discipline. I can honestly say that had those albums had 5 singles each, all videos, promo, and tours and radio airplay, they would have sold just as much if not more than all the current female artists and YULL wouldn't be talking like she's irrelevant.

Janet is a 'dormant' artist, the same way Michael was (Michael came back and sold out 50 concerts outta nowhere.). She could come any minute and sell tonnes and have a massive comeback. She is not irrelevant, she's just as popular as the current artists, point is, many people just don't know it yet cause there hasn't been the physical evidence to prove it due to numerous factors.

I wanna see us all on here supporting and talking of Janet, the same way you'd see any current popular artist you like. We should be assuming the success and anticipating a new album from her the same way a gaga fan is doing with gaga, or Beyonce fan is doing with Beyonce.

I'm tired of the 'Diana ross, Tina Turner' sydrome in here. Janet is not 60, she's not irrelevant. She's current, going nowhere and has the POTENTIAL to explode again. Stop talking like you like Janet but don't think she's relevant anymore as if its okay to think like that. Either back her 100% like a current artist or make like a tree and leave to one of the current artists forums.

I dont know why you type all of this, but, I never said Janet wasn't doing fine now. :lol: Janet's doing great considering the blacklisting from radio she's had.

No it's not :lol: TTWE is a top 10 hit and is increasing on radio. Her album sales just increased last week & is still in the top 10 after it's release. Not a flop. Plus, she just went Platinum :P

You think 700k WW is good after a month's release? :mellow:

Coming off the success of her last tour, and the fact that she shot to #1 on iTunes in a matter of hours? :mellow:

That was just hype. & the hype for the first single died down fast b/c she waited to release the video so late, & she didn't promote until the week of the album being relased which was just :wacko:

If she doesn't go out & promote, her album isn't going to sell a lot. Esp, realeasing in the spring. The reason Circus saw the sales it did, was b/c she released in december. & there was a lot of hype surrounding it.

That was just hype. & the hype for the first single died down fast b/c she waited to release the video so late, & she didn't promote until the week of the album being relased which was just :wacko:

If she doesn't go out & promote, her album isn't going to sell a lot. Esp, realeasing in the spring. The reason Circus saw the sales it did, was b/c she released in december. & there was a lot of hype surrounding it.

And that hype is all the more reason why she should be pushing a million at this point. :mellow: Gaga was #1 for six weeks and estimated to sell about 7 million with her new album. Rihanna has already outsold Circus, along with Beyonce and P!nk. Why can't Britney keep up? :mellow:

And even when she did promote, ppl still weren't interested. I mean, who would be after that GMA performance?

And that hype is all the more reason why she should be pushing a million at this point. :mellow: Gaga was #1 for six weeks and estimated to sell about 7 million with her new album. Rihanna has already outsold Circus, along with Beyonce and P!nk. Why can't Britney keep up? :mellow:

And even when she did promote, ppl still weren't interested. I mean, who would be after that GMA performance?

The hype dies down after a while. & All of those girls promote way more than Britney. Like I said, if she doesn't promote, her album isn't going to sell a lot. But she isn't a flop. She's having sucess with this album. The album is still in the top 10, & both of her singles were hits. Not a flop.

The hype dies down after a while. & All of those girls promote way more than Britney. Like I said, if she doesn't promote, her album isn't going to sell a lot. But she isn't a flop. She's having sucess with this album. The album is still in the top 10, & both of her singles were hits. Not a flop.

The album is flopping. I seriously doubt it will outsell Circus stateside or worldwide. ^_^

The album is flopping. I seriously doubt it will outsell Circus stateside or worldwide. ^_^

The album is doing great. It still in the top10 & has increased in sales. I think it'd sell the same amount of "Circus" & also TTWE will reach a new peak next week too. ^_^

I know we are on Britney and I agree, but man, with that Born this way and Judas shit it aint going passed 5 million (if that) :filenails:

Archived