FEMME FATALE CERTIFIED PLATINUM...................IT'S BRITNEY BYTCH !!

SNAP-A-DYKK 1814

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What's your point? :mellow:

Janet was 19 when she blew up. Britney was just 2 years younger.

so then we agree she was a teen when she hit big, and that's still ignoring everything else Janet did, on top of that Janet did not reach her peak until her 30's, Britney shot up fast and has back slide, but hotboy is right no need to bring Janet into this she does stand alone :cheers:

@JoeJoe

Janet's last album did flopped

Xtina's album did flop

Femme Fatale outsold them both & Britney's last album did go platinum selling 1.6m domestically

@jbailey

Janet is only under certified by 2 million. I wouldn't consider that "severe"

and Janet's label didn't support her ass either so let's not. Also how do you know if Janet is under-certified by 2 million? :unsure:

Britney's not flopping though so what is your point? And Janet became huge when she was what, 22 years old? Britney was 16.

people are getting tired of Britney and her ass is barely 30 :rolleyes:

Right. But Janet did more promo in that one week than Britney did. Britney performed on GMA and Jimmy Kimmel. that's it... janet did ellen, GMA, TRL, etc.

Um yeah and Britney's music was played all over radio so shut up. You ain't gonna be coming for Janet

Janet was huge before that age, I like Britney, but when stans come in here with all of 30 or less posts their agenda is very clear. If you're going to damn an Icon to up Britney at the very least get your facts correct when you walk in here, Janet's Control song begins with "When I was 17.." so Janet as a teen had a hit album and this does not include her previous acting career, Britney was doing what? living in Louisiana on her way to being a common nobody? Janet was born famous..your dismissed :filenails:

Yeah I see with every post what his ass is trying to do. He's a Shitney fan. She'll never compare to Janet and her music is too damn forgettable.

No need to bring Janet into this. :coffee:

exactly <_<

and Janet's label didn't support her ass either so let's not. Also how do you know if Janet is under-certified by 2 million? :unsure:

Regardless of whather the label didnt support her or not that outcome wasnt good.

As far as the under/over certifications... I dont really believe in terms like that since the RIAA & soundscan do two totally different things, but "janet." has sold 7 million but is only certified for 6m & "All for You" has sold 3 million but is certified for 2m

Funny how I get attacked for "coming for" Janet. First off, I DID NOT MENTION JANET. I was defending Britney because she was being attacked as if she is a flop and totally irrelevant when we all know that's far from the truth. It's not my fault twistedvelvet comes into every britney thread and throws janet in it. so stfu

I don't know why you ppl continue to bring up Janet as a point of reference in these discussions about today's artist. It's a dumb comparison. Yes Janet's last few albums had mediocre sales, but at that point she was already 20+ years in the business. Britney is only 12 years in and she's already looks to be on her way out. She, Britney, should be selling like her peers. Sasha Fierce, Funhouse, and The Fame Monster all sold more than a million WW in a month's time. At this point she is flopping and she will be until she at minimum comes close to the sales of Circus.

Britney is doing fine. She still has hit singles, her albums still sell, and she can still sell tour tickets. If anyone is on their way out, its Ms Floptina boo.

Britney is doing fine. She still has hit singles, her albums still sell, and she can still sell tour tickets. If anyone is on their way out, its Ms Floptina boo.

JoeJoe is going to come in here and write an essay now. :sigh:

Regardless of whather the label didnt support her or not that outcome wasnt good.

As far as the under/over certifications... I dont really believe in terms like that since the RIAA & soundscan do two totally different things, but "janet." has sold 7 million but is only certified for 6m & "All for You" has sold 3 million but is certified for 2m

no. "janet." is almost at 9 million. If I remember correctly someone asked on "Ask Billboard" a while back and they said soundscan had her at 8.7 million and Rhythm Nation is at 8 million too.

Bitch don't come for Legendtina :mellow:

no. "janet." is almost at 9 million. If I remember correctly someone asked on "Ask Billboard" a while back and they said soundscan had her at 8.7 million and Rhythm Nation is at 8 million too.

Bitch don't come for Legendtina :mellow:

:filenails:

http://www.billboard.com/#/news/ask-billboard-life-after-discussing-divas-1004009551.story

"7,010,000, "janet." (1993)

3,229,000, "The Velvet Rope" (1997)

3,107,000, "All for You" (2001)

2,422,000, "Design of a Decade 1986/1996" (1995)

1,377,000, "Janet Jackson's Rhythm Nation 1814" (1989)

1,002,000, "Damita Jo" (2004)

655,000, "20 Y.O." (2006)

496,000, "Control" (1986)

446,000, "Discipline" (2008)"

http://www.billboard.com/#/news/ask-billboard-life-after-discussing-divas-1004009551.story

"7,010,000, "janet." (1993)-WRONG STATS !!!!!

3,229,000, "The Velvet Rope" (1997)

3,107,000, "All for You" (2001)

2,422,000, "Design of a Decade 1986/1996" (1995)-WRONG STATS

1,377,000, "Janet Jackson's Rhythm Nation 1814" (1989)-COMPLETELY-OUT-YO-MIND-WRONG STATS :blink:

1,002,000, "Damita Jo" (2004)

655,000, "20 Y.O." (2006)

496,000, "Control" (1986)-WRONG STATS AGAIN :sigh:

446,000, "Discipline" (2008)"

she ain't selling over 100 million albums worldwide w/those stats:TRUST-A-TRY. that page needs 2 be updated -_-

*sidebar*...everytime i see Romeo's PHYNNE/JUICY ass on Dancing W/the Stars i think of u :yep: he's SLAYING !!

I think shes 100m record WW not albums.

& I know right... :blush: I juust wanna put my face inbetween his ass.

It says RN1814 sold 1 million because it did AFTER SoundScan came about in early 1991. Most of the sales came in 1989-1990, obviously.

janet. and DOAD are both too low, though, and those numbers obviously don't include music club sales that aren't tracked by SoundScan.

It says RN1814 sold 1 million because it did AFTER SoundScan came about in early 1991. Most of the sales came in 1989-1990, obviously.

janet. and DOAD are both too low, though, and those numbers obviously don't include music club sales that aren't tracked by SoundScan.

Yea, but who knows what anyones album scanned in stores pre March 1991. All you know is what it sold after.

As far as club sales my friend sat me down & told me an interesting story as to why they never counted toward soundscan.

Archived