FEMME FATALE CERTIFIED PLATINUM...................IT'S BRITNEY BYTCH !!

SNAP-A-DYKK 1814

Discipline sold hardly even 400k in the long run, right? Femme Fatale has sold 440k in one month.

why compare a 31yr who's pretty much still in her prime as far as age to a 45yr old who's past her prime? Janet never flopped in her 30s especially early 30s

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The album is selling well, so there is no need to lie about the numbers. Jive is really doing too much. At the end of the day, Britney needs to take her meds and start promoting the album. She should be making the talk show rounds by now. The days of her selling a million in under a month are long gone. She's gonna have to hustle like everyone else. Lying about record sells is so mariah carey, circa 1995. <_<:sigh:

True Lipton +1 :filenails:

Her label has never bothered to get it certified for some reason.

certification costs money, I think labels are happy with the money they got from the sales and certifying for bragging rights no one really cares about doesn't matter to them, which explains why Janet's catalog is VERY under certified :coffee:

certification costs money, I think labels are happy with the money they got from the sales and certifying for bragging rights no one really cares about doesn't matter to them, which explains why Janet's catalog is VERY under certified :coffee:

Plus, Britney kinda went out on her own and recorded Blackout. That's her only album where she is listed as the executive producer. Jive didn't have as much say over that record. Add that to the fact that it didn't sell as much much as her earlier work, and you can see why they try to ignore it. But the funny thing is, its considered her best effort to date and is hands down her best reviewed. Britney should be doing her own A&R, since she can clearly pick better material than her label. :coffee:

Plus, Britney kinda went out on her own and recorded Blackout. That's her only album where she is listed as the executive producer. Jive didn't have as much say over that record. Add that to the fact that it didn't sell as much much as her earlier work, and you can see why they try to ignore it. But the funny thing is, its considered her best effort to date and is hands down her best reviewed. Britney should be doing her own A&R, since she can clearly pick better material than her label. :coffee:

chile I was fucking floored driving, I like to talk radio or play my IPod but never radio music, anywho NPR reviewed Britney "Blackout" I was fucking floored Im like are you kidding me? NPR is reviewing a Britney album, and on top of it they gave that muthafucka a good review I was happy, the reviewer said and the best track on the set is "Heaven on Earth" my jaw dropped then because that was my favorite and most played track. Hell I fucks wit "Blackout" I don't give a fuck what nobody say that album was her best shit :filenails:

why compare a 31yr who's pretty much still in her prime as far as age to a 45yr old who's past her prime? Janet never flopped in her 30s especially early 30s

Britney's not flopping though so what is your point? And Janet became huge when she was what, 22 years old? Britney was 16.

I'm pretty sure most of the sales happened in the one month. Discipline promo didn't last long. It wasn't even in the charts for long. So it must have sold that in that time.

Right. But Janet did more promo in that one week than Britney did. Britney performed on GMA and Jimmy Kimmel. that's it... janet did ellen, GMA, TRL, etc.

Britney's not flopping though so what is your point? And Janet became huge when she was what, 22 years old? Britney was 16.

Janet was huge before that age, I like Britney, but when stans come in here with all of 30 or less posts their agenda is very clear. If you're going to damn an Icon to up Britney at the very least get your facts correct when you walk in here, Janet's Control song begins with "When I was 17.." so Janet as a teen had a hit album and this does not include her previous acting career, Britney was doing what? living in Louisiana on her way to being a common nobody? Janet was born famous..your dismissed :filenails:

Janet was huge before that age, I like Britney, but when stans come in here with all of 30 or less posts their agenda is very clear. If you're going to damn an Icon to up Britney at the very least get your facts correct when you walk in here, Janet's Control song begins with "When I was 17.." so Janet as a teen had a hit album and this does not include her previous acting career, Britney was doing what? living in Louisiana on her way to being a common nobody? Janet was born famous..your dismissed :filenails:

Britney was doing the Mickey Mouse Club and such.

Wasn't Janet 19 when she hit it big as a popstar? (Doesn't really matter, just wondering - and too lazy to do math).

What's your point? :mellow:

Janet was 19 when she blew up. Britney was just 2 years younger.

I don't know why you ppl continue to bring up Janet as a point of reference in these discussions about today's artist. It's a dumb comparison. Yes Janet's last few albums had mediocre sales, but at that point she was already 20+ years in the business. Britney is only 12 years in and she's already looks to be on her way out. She, Britney, should be selling like her peers. Sasha Fierce, Funhouse, and The Fame Monster all sold more than a million WW in a month's time. At this point she is flopping and she will be until she at minimum comes close to the sales of Circus.

Right. But Janet did more promo in that one week than Britney did. Britney performed on GMA and Jimmy Kimmel. that's it... janet did ellen, GMA, TRL, etc.

Corrected. Janet didn't do that much more than Britney on the first week of promo.

And the reason why Janets probably been brought up is cause quite frankly, its getting annoying seeing people overly praise these bitches for doing something Janet's done already or doing better.....makes you wonder what the point is. I might as well make a thread saying 'Yay, Janets Discipline sold 500,000'. Weird how Britney's so great for going 'platinum' as if its some massive achievement at 30, when Janet wasn't far off it a 42 years old lol, does nobody else see the complete contridiction and unfairness in that!?

Janet was born famous, like royality literally even lol. She stepped on stage at the age of 7, she was dancing and singing on the 'Jacksons' show at the age of 7. She was acting in popular sitcoms at the age of 11-14. She made her first album at 16.

She became the youngest female to have a no.1 at the time at the age of 19.

But the key fact on top of that is that she had a consistant 15 years atleast before anyone could even accuse her of flopping, with 5 multi platinum iconic albums.

Compare it all with Britney, 10 years in to her career, her sales have dwindled, she can't dance, she's an old haggard mess, she's irresponsive and unapproachable to the media never doing interviews, and nobody really respects her.

When I saw Janet promoting her book on TV interviews and the book siging (not literally) I saw a confident gorgeous classy woman, who was still respected, who still had something to say and give!!!!

That alone sums up how Janet is above all these wannabes to this day.

chile I was fucking floored driving, I like to talk radio or play my IPod but never radio music, anywho NPR reviewed Britney "Blackout" I was fucking floored Im like are you kidding me? NPR is reviewing a Britney album, and on top of it they gave that muthafucka a good review I was happy, the reviewer said and the best track on the set is "Heaven on Earth" my jaw dropped then because that was my favorite and most played track. Hell I fucks wit "Blackout" I don't give a fuck what nobody say that album was her best shit :filenails:

Heaven On Earth is my absolute favorite Britney song :tear: :tear:

Archived