Did the internet destroy music

Xtraordinary Xternal

Back in the day lower tier artists could bring in decent sales.... alot of artists could be more creative and take more risks with things and it would inspire top tier artists to make higher quality music. Now everything sounds the same almost... Healthy competition also created better music for the fans... Now we don't have that its like you in some type of gang or something if you like beyonce you can't like rihanna or kelly rowland. The net created that type of mentality and its really stupid it could be enough room for everyone.

i read yesterday that some rappers and producers are starting a class action suit against CBS corporation for illegally downloading there songs via limewire and other sites playing them on the radio for free advertising in return on cbs radio

Yes and no.

Yes, because music is so accessible in this day and age. It's everywhere online.

No, because alot of "talent" uses it to get their music out there and for exposure.

Trey Songz, Nicki and Chris Brown (for his comeback) used it to their advantage on the mix tape side...

I wonder if older artists could use it correctly.... Lil Kim flopped with it so far...

It would be interesting for someone like Janet to release online stuff... I think she should so she could experiment with things. She pretty much accomplished all their is to music why not look at that as another musical challenge...

Trey Songz, Nicki and Chris Brown (for his comeback) used it to their advantage on the mix tape side...

I wonder if older artists could use it correctly.... Lil Kim flopped with it so far...

It would be interesting for someone like Janet to release online stuff... I think she should so she could experiment with things. She pretty much accomplished all their is to music why not look at that as another musical challenge...

Well I think it's a downside to it and an upside to it..The quality of music sucks now but I don't think that has anything to do with the subject at hand.. :asham:

I'm sure older artists know how the musical landscape is now..but older people would rather buy their stuff in store than online because it's more traditional..the younger generation is where most of the online purchases/thievery comes into play.

Well I think it's a downside to it and an upside to it..The quality of music sucks now but I don't think that has anything to do with the subject at hand.. :asham:

I'm sure older artists know how the musical landscape is now..but older people would rather buy their stuff in store than online because it's more traditional..the younger generation is where most of the online purchases/thievery comes into play.

I feel like the net destroy the quality because the lack of sales... the record companies cling on to anything that works right now and they all copy off each other which make everything sounds the same... no one really wants to take a risk. Ke$ha , Britney, and katy pretty much all have the same sound.

The consumers on the net make it easier now for us to accept bullshit... due to everyone worrying more about sales than the quality of music as if we get some sort of check or something if a certain artist sells well.

Do you feel if the music industry had embraced the internet early that they would have been able to control the music side of it more or no?

maybe. I know the whole Napster vs. The Industry didnt help matters at all back in the late 90's. The Internet is a beast though, you really cant control what takes place in the cyber world where everything is an illusion and nothing is what it seems. :shifty:

I feel like the net destroy the quality because the lack of sales... the record companies cling on to anything that works right now and they all copy off each other which make everything sounds the same... no one really wants to take a risk. Ke$ha , Britney, and katy pretty much all have the same sound.

The consumers on the net make it easier now for us to accept bullshit... due to everyone worrying more about sales than the quality of music as if we get some sort of check or something if a certain artist sells well.

Well this musical climate is to blame. Adele is the only one that has had some quality music right now.

Well this musical climate is to blame. Adele is the only one that has had some quality music right now.

well I dont know what kind of music you like, but you have some artist that are still delivering when it comes to making quality music. they just dont get played on the radio and sometimes you have to search high and low in order to find them.

well I dont know what kind of music you like, but you have some artist that are still delivering when it comes to making quality music. they just dont get played on the radio and sometimes you have to search high and low in order to find them.

I try to objective when it comes to music. I grew up with hip hop/rnb but I got exposed to other music when I joined the military! I'm glad I did.

:excited::lmao:

I try to objective when it comes to music. I grew up with hip hop/rnb but I got exposed to other music when I joined the military! I'm glad I did.

ive always gravitated towards individuals that mixed genres and sounds, which is one of the reasons why i love the mighty Janhova. When I was younger i was REALLY into Prince.

Archived