Did the internet destroy music

Xtraordinary Xternal

ive always gravitated towards individuals that mixed genres and sounds, which is one of the reasons why i love the mighty Janhova. When I was younger i was REALLY into Prince.

Pretty much..it amazes me that Shawn loves Janet and then you see the people that he listens too..just shows you how talented and brilliant Janet is! :clapping:

Pretty much..it amazes me that Shawn loves Janet and then you see the people that he listens too..just shows you how talented and brilliant Janet is! :clapping:

Shawn, like me, likes artist that are funkay and nobody can do funk quite like Janet. -_- Rhythm Nation is probably THE most funkiest song ever recorded. >_< She really put her stankon dat one.

Shawn, like me, likes artist that are funkay and nobody can do funk quite like Janet. -_- Rhythm Nation is probably THE most funkiest song ever recorded. >_< She really put her stankon dat one.

:clapping::clapping: I'm so glad I got to witness greatness with "Control" and "Rhythm Nation".. :excited::wub:

Since gaga is a madonna clone doesn't she deserve some credit too?

well no, cause some of Madges songs were actually good radio friendly pop songs, and her image at the beginning wasn't that bad...it was only later when she had a part in the destruction of music.

Do you feel like the internet destroyed music? With the illegal downloads... negative blogs, twitter & forums attacking artists personally. Or did the internet help music?

Well sales are much worse of course, and as a result I feel that some artists lack the motivation to do their best. On the other hand, the internet's personally helped me discover quite a few great talents. :blush:

Do you feel if the music industry had embraced the internet early that they would have been able to control the music side of it more or no?

I think definetly. Had the music indstry not fought the digital age so hard and got in on the ground floor of downloads they could have had a much bigger hand in how they controlled their destiny. Itunes etc came in late to the picture well after napster and other file sharing was commonplace on the internet.

Same thing with the movie industry, and the retail chains like Blockbuster they should have taken the Netflix route WAY before and sold off the stores before they had to go bankrupt. It was very clear movies were heading in the digital direction just like music and video games and they needed to adapt their business plan accordingly.

From an artistic point of view, I don't think it has. The Internet can never destroy music as an art form. However, it has destroyed the business side of the industry with the rampant illegal downloading.

Archived