ARE ARTISTS TRULY "ARTIST"???

janetDAYZ

But he has said before that he was influenced by Elivs and even had him in a painting of artists that influenced him so why are you carrying? :unsure:

I'm not carrying... :rolleyes:

Mike said many different things, and studied many different people to develop into the artist he became...but nine times out of ten, if you asked him who influenced and inspired him you'd get James Brown, followed by Sammy Davis, Jackie Wilson, etc.

• Upvote 1

Right :lol: I'm interested in seeing where GaGa's career goes because she has so much potential. But so far she's only gotten odder--less fun and more into herself. She says what she does is art but the symbolism behind it is always very literal. She panders to younger angsty gays who don't have the confidence to fend for themselves. And she keeps recycling the same silly stage props over and over. :tsk: You know what would REALLY shock people? GaGa in jeans with a mic and a guitar player. And a dash of humility.

I appreciate her support for the gay community, though. Many people like to paint her as a villainess who takes advantage of fags all over the globe. While she clearly does it in part to sow a lifelong fanbase and for media attention, the fact that she does it at all is good enough for me. We need as many vocal supporters as we can get.

That would definitely shock ppl. A different side of Gaga is what ppl might be anticipating from her. The charades can only last so long before ppl lose interest. I think she does take advantage of the gay community at times. It's like she embraces them in the wrong way at times. :unsure: