Tracy Morgan goes too far?

Kim

"30 Rock" star Tracy Morgan is under some very serious fire this morning -- after reportedly spewing some disgusting homophobic "jokes" during a performance in Nashville last week.

According to reports, Morgan took the stage at the Ryman Auditorium (pictured above) and went off about gays -- saying, "Gays need to quit being p**sies and not be whining about something as insignificant as bullying."

He added, "Gay is something that kids learn from the media and programming."

When talking about the possibility of his son being gay -- Tracy said he "better talk to me like a man and not in a gay voice or I'll pull out a knife and stab that little n**ger to death."

Afterward, Tracy told the crowd, "I don't "f*cking care if I piss off some gays, because if they can take a f*cking d**k up their ass ... they can take a f*cking joke."

After the performance, the Ryman Auditorium issued a statement on the performance saying, "The Ryman Auditorium regrets that people were offended by statements made by Tracy Morgan during his June 3 appearance."

The statement continues, "The Ryman does not control the content presented by people appearing on its stage, nor does it endorse any of the views of, or statements made by, such persons."

It's not the first time Morgan has ignited controversy over homphobic material -- back in 2009, a bunch of people reportedly walked out of his show at Carnegie Hall after he said being gay was a "choice."

So far, no comment from Morgan's camp.

----

Oh dear. :umm: Tina is not going to be happy. :filenails:

Isn't he kinda retarded? and i it's a serious question btw :unsure:

i can't help but think that he has downz everytime i see him :unsure: I guess this was the last piece of evidence that i needed ...

He doesnt honestly seem to be a bit touched. Every "character" he plays he cant shake that.

Isn't he kinda retarded? and i it's a serious question btw :unsure:

i can't help but think that he has downz everytime i see him :unsure: I guess this was the last piece of evidence that i needed ...

He's definitely "special" in some way. I know he's had (or has) substance abuse problems, so that may play into it (not that that's an excuse for saying shit like this, obviously).

He doesnt honestly seem to be a bit touched. Every "character" he plays he cant shake that.

He's definitely "special" in some way. I know he's had (or has) substance abuse problems, so that may play into it (not that that's an excuse for saying shit like this, obviously).

yeah , he doesn't seem like someone who plays with the full deck

he already apologized not that it makes it any better what he said

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/06/10/tracy-morgans-homophobic-remarks_n_874699.html

UPDATE: Tracy Morgan issued a statement to The Huffington Post through his representative:

“I want to apologize to my fans and the gay & lesbian community for my choice of words at my recent stand-up act in Nashville. I’m not a hateful person and don’t condone any kind of violence against others. While I am an equal opportunity jokester, and my friends know what is in my heart, even in a comedy club this clearly went too far and was not funny in any context.”

he already apologized not that it makes it any better what he said

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/06/10/tracy-morgans-homophobic-remarks_n_874699.html

UPDATE: Tracy Morgan issued a statement to The Huffington Post through his representative:

“I want to apologize to my fans and the gay & lesbian community for my choice of words at my recent stand-up act in Nashville. I’m not a hateful person and don’t condone any kind of violence against others. While I am an equal opportunity jokester, and my friends know what is in my heart, even in a comedy club this clearly went too far and was not funny in any context.”

who?

well imo he's not even funny when he does stand up comedy. he aight on hi s tv show but his stand up sucks >_<

Talking about the old NBC show that got canceled? I'm sorry but Bobb'e J. Thompson (Jimmy) carried that show...Tracy and the rest of the cast were just there while the lil kid dominated -_-

Talking about the old NBC show that got canceled? I'm sorry but Bobb'e J. Thompson (Jimmy) carried that show...Tracy and the rest of the cast were just there while the lil kid dominated -_-

no 30 rock right hes on that show

These fake ass PR apologies are annoying now. They think they can say and do whatever the fuck they want and then push the PR button and have their "apology" wash all that clean the next day. Shut the fuck up with that bullshit he aint sorry. That "joke" was hateful, and even with his limited mental capacity he had to know it was extremely offensive and he didnt care.

These fake ass PR apologies are annoying now. They think they can say and do whatever the fuck they want and then push the PR button and have their "apology" wash all that clean the next day. Shut the fuck up with that bullshit he aint sorry. That "joke" was hateful, and even with his limited mental capacity he had to know it was extremely offensive and he didnt care.

It's like seriously, I wonder if he knows his PR people put that out. Such a blatant attempt at some kind of damage control that it almost seems automated.

This.....and going to rehab after someone gets caught with drugs. It's so formulaic it's embarrassing.

no 30 rock right hes on that show

I don't know how the hell he's managed to stay on that show for so long. They should've written him off a long time ago. He's the most annoying character and contributes nothing.

I personally think people need to say what they mean and mean what they say. Its 2011. Everybody has a smartphone with a camera that is connected to Facebook and Twitter. If you say it, be ready to back it up cause its a good chance it will be all over the internet. :flipoff:

Archived