Kate Perry joins elite BB club

Bailey

There are only 9 artists to have at least 4 songs off one album hit #1 on the BB hot 100 and those are:

Soundtrack, "Saturday Night Fever," 1977-78

"How Deep Is Your Love," "Stayin' Alive," "Night Fever" (Bee Gees), "If I Can't Have You" (Yvonne Elliman)

Michael Jackson, "Bad," 1987-88

"I Just Can't Stop Loving You" (with Siedah Garrett), "Bad," "The Way You Make Me Feel," "Man in the Mirror," "Dirty Diana"

Whitney Houston, "Whitney," 1987-88

"I Wanna Dance With Somebody (Who Loves Me)," "Didn't We Almost Have It All," "So Emotional," "Where Do Broken Hearts Go"

George Michael, "Faith," 1987-88

"Faith," "Father Figure," "One More Try," "Monkey"

Paula Abdul, "Forever Your Girl," 1989-90

"Straight Up," "Forever Your Girl," "Cold Hearted," "Opposites Attract" (Duet with the Wild Pair)

Janet Jackson, "Janet Jackson's Rhythm Nation 1814," 1989-91

"Miss You Much," "Escapade," "Black Cat," "Love Will Never Do (Without You)"

Mariah Carey, "Mariah Carey," 1990-91

"Vision of Love," "Love Takes Time," "Someday," "I Don't Wanna Cry"

Usher, "Confessions," 2004

"Yeah!" (featuring Lil Jon & Ludacris), "Burn," "Confessions Part II," "My Boo" (with Alicia Keys)

Katy Perry, "Teenage Dream," 2010-11

"California Gurls" (featuring Snoop Dogg), "Teenage Dream," "Firework," "E.T." (featuring Kanye West)

Noticeably, six of the nine sets sporting four or more Hot 100 No. 1s joined the select club between 1987 and 1991. Possible contributing factors include that era's focus on mass-appeal music just before pop radio splintered into more extreme hip-hop and alternative directions.

Also, beginning the week of Nov. 30, 1991, the Hot 100 adopted Nielsen BDS airplay and SoundScan sales data, resulting in slower turnover among No. 1s since.

Why do you always have to be difficult? :sigh:

Putcho hand down, liar. :sigh:

i'm not :rolleyes:

California girras is horrendous and Fireworks is just as awful :sigh: her freaking voice on those tracks ... those had no business getting the top spot :sigh:

TD and ET are good though specially TD :wub:

i'm not :rolleyes:

California girras is horrendous and Fireworks is just as awful :sigh: her freaking voice on those tracks ... those had no business getting the top spot :sigh:

TD and ET are good though specially TD :wub:

:umm:

Her voice may be meh, but the production is top notch. :filenails:

I enjoyed Usher's album I don't think the list is tainted, I think that the way things are done in the post Soundscan era makes it easier to get a hit, people today listen to crap in mass, and the days of earning a top spot thru hard work and great music are pretty gone, I do believe Kate Perry deserves her spot, her music is quite frankly amazing, her image, the songs are top notch production and very catchy.

Archived