Can Brandy come back?

Miss Enjoi

It was never a joke. You act like Ashanti doesn't have a chance. Let's be honest here, if Brandy and Ashanti released an album today, who would sell more? Obviously Ashanti because she's more current, and less irrelevant than Brandy.

A chance at what...flopping again and again. We are PAST Ashanti. We have Beyonce..what teh hell would we need with an Ashanti? There's a reason why she got snatched out da game in the FIRST PLACE. She's a basic bitch that didn't have what it takes to survive,period. She's limited.

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The only reason Ashanti did somewhat decent last time was because it was early 2008 and Beyonce was in hibernation. Ashanti is the go-to girl when we have nobody else doing shit at the moment. Remind you this was also before Ciara went under and Keri Hilson 'pretty girl rocked.' That bitch doesn't stand a chance now. At least if Brandy found the right alley, she'd pull 60k.

A chance at what...flopping again and again. We are PAST Ashanti. We have Beyonce..what teh hell would we need with an Ashanti? There's a reason why she got snatched out da game in the FIRST PLACE. She's a basic bitch that didn't have what it takes to survive,period. She's limited.

You do realize all that applies to Brandy too right? :mellow:

You keep bringing Brandy into this for levarage ..Im not defending Brandy or even speaking on her ...this is SOLELY about you acting as if Ashanti still has a chance :wacko:

All I'm saying is what you just said about Ashanti applies to Brandy as well. :filenails:

You do realize all that applies to Brandy too right? :mellow:

In my eyes, Brandy and Beyonce are in two different worlds. I never understood why people compared them because they have two totally different styles and sounds. Brandy at least was well loved by the mainstream audiences after Dancing With The Stars and has managed to still be recognized by her peers as an influence and remain relevant despite not selling a dime in the last couple of years. She may not be a seller but she's a step ahead of the rest because she built a legacy in the 90's. People remember her. They just don't support her when the album comes out.

In my eyes, Brandy and Beyonce are in two different worlds. I never understood why people compared them because they have two totally different styles and sounds. Brandy at least was well loved by the mainstream audiences after Dancing With The Stars and has managed to still be recognized by her peers as an influence and remain relevant despite not selling a dime in the last couple of years. She may not be a seller but she's a step ahead of the rest because she built a legacy in the 90's. People remember her. They just don't support her when the album comes out.

And that legacy is pretty much all she has at this point. But Dayz just spelled out the reason why Ashanti doesn't have a chance at being moderately successful. All the pretenses of his argument apply to Brandy as well. Nobody is really checking for Brandy and the sales of her previous albums are a reflection of that. In this market, I just don't see it happening for Brandy, although I'd like for her to come back because I enjoy her music. But at this point she's just lost as an artist imo. Then there's the fact that she hasn't written her own material since NSN. Brandy was once the R&B template, but the music she makes just isn't enough to bring her back to her former glory.

And that legacy is pretty much all she has at this point. But Dayz just spelled out the reason why Ashanti doesn't have a chance at being moderately successful. All the pretenses of his argument apply to Brandy as well. Nobody is really checking for Brandy and the sales of her previous albums are a reflection of that. In this market, I just don't see it happening for Brandy, although I'd like for her to come back because I enjoy her music. But at this point she's just lost as an artist imo. Then there's the fact that she hasn't written her own material since NSN. Brandy was once the R&B template, but the music she makes just isn't enough to bring her back to her former glory.

I think people are doubting her and I'll admit as a Brandy supporter since her first release - she's been slacking on the material - I do honestly believe she has more of a chance at really being relevant in the R&B world again. If her friend Kelly can "try" to do it... :filenails:

I think people are doubting her and I'll admit as a Brandy supporter since her first release - she's been slacking on the material - I do honestly believe she has more of a chance at really being relevant in the R&B world again. If her friend Kelly can "try" to do it... :filenails:

The only step down, imo, musically for Brandy was Human. NSN, FM, and Afro are all pretty solid albums. I even think Debutandy is pretty good. Listening to the current sound of R&B, I don't think Brandy would fit in there. She's gonna have to infuse and blend genres to make her sound more modern. If not, it'll sound dated.

The only step down, imo, musically for Brandy was Human. NSN, FM, and Afro are all pretty solid albums. I even think Debutandy is pretty good. Listening to the current sound of R&B, I don't think Brandy would fit in there. She's gonna have to infuse and blend genres to make her sound more modern. If not, it'll sound dated.

Definitely. Although I bought Human, I wasn't too pleased with it after a month. It sounded like a Toni Braxton record - and not a good one. :filenails: My only hope is that she continues her work with Timbaland and produces something worthy of decent enough airplay to reach the Top 10 of the R&B charts and a performance on the Today Show and maybe the EBT Awards.

Definitely. Although I bought Human, I wasn't too pleased with it after a month. It sounded like a Toni Braxton record - and not a good one. :filenails: My only hope is that she continues her work with Timbaland and produces something worthy of decent enough airplay to reach the Top 10 of the R&B charts and a performance on the Today Show and maybe the EBT Awards.

I read the reviews for Human and listened to the snippets and thought it was just okay. I haven't heard it in full yet, but I'll get around to it. I still think her first two albums are her best, and that sound will work for her, esp NSN. Nothing on that album sounds dated aside from one or two tracks.

Archived