Casey Anthony Trial

art

She declined to testify in her murder trial, but Casey Anthony was caught making inaudible remarks during the prosecution's rebuttal that may contradict her own defense.

Casey Anthony could be seen mouthing either "it's not his fault" or "because it's his fault" while prosecutor Linda Drane Burdick told the jury in the final moments of the case Monday that Casey Anthony was trying to pin responsibility for the death of her daughter Caylee on her father, George Anthony.

The defense has argued that 2-year-old Caylee wasn't murdered, but drowned accidentally in the family pool. They claimed that George Anthony found the girl's body and helped dispose of it. The defense also suggested that Casey's mother, Cindy Anthony, may have left in place the ladder into the pool.

As Burdick told the jury, "Casey Anthony would have you believe that this is all her mother's fault anyway for leaving the ladder down, let's twist the knife in my mom a little bit more," Anthony can be seen on videotape saying something to herself.

Expert lip-reader Terry Ruane believes Anthony said, "I never said anything like that, it wouldn't have been my mom."

Ruane says that the full sentence uttered by Anthony appears to be, "I never said anything like that, wouldn't have been my mom. It isn't his fault."

Did Casey Anthony Contradict Her Own Defense?

If Ruane is correct, Casey Anthony is not placing blame on either of her parents.

HLN host Nancy Grace said today on "Good Morning America" that she thinks Casey Anthony said "it's not his fault."

"If she is in fact saying it's not his fault -- talking about George -- that breaks the defense case wide open because they, as opposed to proving an accidental drowning, have chosen to vilify George Anthony from the get go," said Grace.

ABC News' legal analyst Dan Abrams isn't so sure.

"It seems to me she could be saying 'It's his fault,'" said Abrams.

Both Abrams and Grace agree that if the jury noticed Anthony making remarks it could have an affect on their verdict. The jury, comprised of seven women and five men, are deliberating now for the first full day since receiving their charge.

"If the jury saw it, it might mean something," said Grace. "They were watching her."

Abrams adds, "It's important, the jurors are watching."

"Even if they're not directly looking at the defendant, they can see the defendant. They can try to look, they can look out of the side of their eyes," said Abrams.

The prosecution has argued throughout the trial that Anthony killed her daughter by drugging Caylee with chloroform and suffocating her with duct tape over her mouth and nose.

If the jury finds her guilty of first degree murder, Anthony would be eligible for the death penalty.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/casey-anthony-contradict-defense-mouthing-words/story?id=13999804

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=at-iSCBMMOM&feature=player_embedded

She's heartless. :mellow:

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've been wathcing this trial faithfully. A smart person would be on their BEST behavior and try to come off as cookie cutter as possible. Its clear she has no self control. To be that stupid KNOWING the jury is watching you. :mellow:

If her daughter really did drown in the pool by mistake :mellow: Can she still get the death penalty for dumping her on the side of the road?

If her daughter really did drown in the pool by mistake :mellow: Can she still get the death penalty for dumping her on the side of the road?

first of all that story is NOT true. The defense just came up with that story the LAST minute in order to use her father as the fall guy like it was conspiracy involved to keep her from the death penalty. Casey is ALREADY facing death...its on the table. Thats why the defense is tryna pin half the blame of Caylee's disappearance on her father.

Her parents clocked the tea when they mentioned that her car smelled like a decomposed body was in it.

I've been wathcing this trial faithfully. A smart person would be on their BEST behavior and try to come off as cookie cutter as possible. Its clear she has no self control. To be that stupid KNOWING the jury is watching you. :mellow:

!!!

She's a sociopath.

Her parents clocked the tea when they mentioned that her car smelled like a decomposed body was in it.

But the prosecutors clocked her mothers tea when she tried to lie on the stand and say SHE did the chloroform search and they ended up finding out she was at work due to her computer activity around that SAME time chloroform was searched on the at home computer. :lol:

Only if someone was dumb enough to believe after an accidental drowning she 1. didn't call the police, 2. felt the need to cover it up like why?

!!!

She's a sociopath.

probably her behavior following the death of the child is that of someone with no sense of remorse or empathy.

first of all that story is NOT true. The defense just came up with that story the LAST minute in order to use her father as the fall guy like it was conspiracy involved to keep her from the death penalty. Casey is ALREADY facing death...its on the table. Thats why the defense is tryna pin half the blame of Caylee's disappearance on her father.

How many stories did she have?

I know of the drowning and the kidnapping by the "maid" that doesn't exist.

But the prosecutors clocked her mothers tea when she tried to lie on the stand and say SHE did the chloroform search and they ended up finding out she was at work due to her computer activity around that SAME time chloroform was searched on the at home computer. :lol:

Oop. 24pcrnr.gif

They found chloroform on the trunk of Casey's car, though.

How many stories did she have?

I know of the drowning and the kidnapping by the "maid" that doesn't exist.

Her primary story since day one was the NANNY story. The prosecutors shut that shit down and found out and was able to prove it was a lie. She admitted it was a lie,she had no choice. So since that story failed her..her and her defense came up with this drowning in the pool shit,which ONLY came up since the trial started -NEVER before and this case has been going on for 3 years. so what does that tell you.

probably her behavior following the death of the child is that of someone with no sense of remorse or empathy.

Exactly. She even partied while her daughter was missing and that phone call I posted gave me sociopath teas downe.

Her primary story since day one was the NANNY story. The prosecutors shut that shit down and found out and was able to prove it was a lie. She admitted it was a lie,she had no choice. So since that story failed her..her and her defense came up with this drowning in the pool shit,which ONLY came up since the trial started -NEVER before and this case has been going on for 3 years. so what does that tell you.

Wasn't there duck tape on her mouth?

Oop. 24pcrnr.gif

They found chloroform on the trunk of Casey's car, though.

Thats why the prosecutors are saying CASEY had been doin the chloroform searches. Basically her mother tried to take a bullet for her so Casey would be "less" guilty but it failed.

Wasn't there duck tape on her mouth?

Yes ...but they think the duct tape might have been what caused her death. The cause of death is still undetermined because when they found her bones...it was so jacked up..there was NO way to find out how she died.

Yes ...but they think the duct tape might have been what caused her death. The cause of death is still undetermined because when they found her bones...it was so jacked up..there was NO way to find out how she died.

Oh damn..

Do they know who the father is?

Exactly. She even partied while her daughter was missing and that phone call I posted gave me sociopath teas downe.

I dated one I know how they behave they really don't care about anything other than themselves its not about feelings or shall I say YOUR feelings so I know the type. It's sad but some folks are for lack of a better phrase, socially and emotionally retarded.

ok I have NOT followed this case minute by minute, my question is this, what was the motive? I feel like Im in a game of Clue hell :filenails:

Prosecutors feel wanted to life "the good life" as a MOTHERLESS woman (which she had gotten a tattoo on her saying "the good life" during the 30 day missing of her child) :mellow: She simply didn't want her daughter anymore because she was a brat and felt her daughter was getting ALL the attention. I forgot what they call those kind of ppl who try to get rid of someone due to wanting ALL the attention themselves.

ok I have NOT followed this case minute by minute, my question is this, what was the motive? I feel like Im in a game of Clue hell :filenails:

Prosecutors have maintained Anthony's motive was that she wanted to be a then-22-year-old unburdened by the responsibilities of motherhood.

http://www.wibw.com/nationalnews/headlines/Waiting_Begins_For_Casey_Anthony_Followers_Across_Nation_125017369.html

Archived