Yahoo Worst Videos of all time

JoeJoe

JANET JACKSON - "JUST A LITTLE WHILE"

After Janet's Super Bowl "wardrobe malfunction" scandal, the stakes were high when she released her next album, Damita Jo. She needed a comeback, and she needed it bad. The logical strategy would be for her make an amazing video, which didn't seem like it'd be so hard for her to pull off--after all, this was the woman behind such iconic MTV classics as "Rhythm Nation" and "Pleasure Principle." But instead Janet came up with this hot mess, in which she seemed to be wearing horrifically unflattering cast-off costumes from Priscilla, Queen Of The Desert and dancing more like Tito Jackson than the Janet Jackson we all once knew and loved. Her label at the time, Virgin Records, panicked and pulled the plug on this video's promotion on the eve of its U.S. premiere, and then only allowed it to be broadcast overseas...where apparently music-video standards are a lot lower:

BEYONCE - "DEJA VU"

We honestly don't think this one is that bad. Other videos on this list are much bigger offenders. But we must include "Deja Vu" because Beyonce fans were so dismayed by this clip, they actually started a petition demanding that it be entirely re-shot. Citing what they considered to be "erratic, confusing, and alarming" choreography; "unbelievable and ridiculous" costumes; and "unacceptable interactions" and "non-existent sexual chemistry" between Ms. Knowles and her co-starring future husband Jay-Z, the 4,000 or so petitioners begged Beyonce's record label, Columbia, to go back to the drawing board (or editing room, as it were). It's probably the least horrific video listed here, but as far as Beyonce videos go, it is a stinker. In fact, we're still waiting for Beyonce to heed that petition and reshoot this one:

http://new.music.yahoo.com/blogs/videogaga/64353/real-turkeys-the-worst-videos-of-all-time/

Do they not realize they were limited as far as technology back then? Now today..that video would be horrendous! :lmao:

They were saying YRMW was horrible at that time, so it's no surprise that they still say it is now.. :sigh:

I can understand that people expected something AMAZING since Mike had been away for so long by that, but...it's not as if he put out pure shit. It's pretty good (in it's long form, short form...not so much lol).

Mike just couldn't do anything right in the public eye at that time (and this was before the case)...from around 2000-2002 everything Michael did was turned into the biggest and worst spectacle. Every minute thing was dissected...and then "Living With Michael Jackson" happened and it only got worse (if that's even possible).... and you know what happened after that. -_-

They were saying YRMW was horrible at that time, so it's no surprise that they still say it is now.. :sigh:

I can understand that people expected something AMAZING since Mike had been away for so long by that, but...it's not as if he put out pure shit. It's pretty good (in it's long form, short form...not so much lol).

Mike just couldn't do anything right in the public eye at that time (and this was before the case)...from around 2000-2002 everything Michael did was turned into the biggest and worst spectacle. Every minute thing was dissected...and then "Living With Michael Jackson" happened and it only got worse (if that's even possible).... and you know what happened after that. -_-

Which is a TRAVESTY! Please don't get me started on this subject, I'll be typing on my phone's keyboard for hours until my thumbs start bleeding listing the horrendous ways Sony Music and the public :censored: ed up the "Invincible" era. "Invincible" as a whole wasn't his most iconinc album...but for me, it contains 3 of Michael's GREATEST SONGS EVER IN "Break of Dawn" :wub: :wub: :wub: "Heaven Can Wait" :wub: :wub: & "Butterflies" :wub:

To this day I get livid when discussing this subject -_-

Which is a TRAVESTY! Please don't get me started on this subject, I'll be typing on my phone's keyboard for hours until my thumbs start bleeding listing the horrendous ways Sony Music and the public :censored: ed up the "Invincible" era. "Invincible" as a whole wasn't his most iconinc album...but for me, it contains 3 of Michael's GREATEST SONGS EVER IN "Break of Dawn" :wub: :wub: :wub: "Heaven Can Wait" :wub: :wub: & "Butterflies" :wub:

To this day I get livid when discussing this subject -_-

It really is a Travesty...I just remember being frustrated during that time concerning Mike, because literally EVERYTHING he did was another "joke" in the media (and though some warranted it, most did not).

It was like the the media had given the world a pass to treat Mike as if he was the lower than dirt. Just a lot of bullshit...

You're right "Invincible" wasn't his greatest, but it contained some great stuff "Unbreakable," "Whatever Happens," along with the tracks you listed...and what's funny is a few people have said Mike held back some of the better stuff recorded during that time because he KNEW what Sony was going to do with "Invincible."

It's just sad, especially considering it turned out to be his last album before he passed... I mean, it did sell between 8-10 million worldwide, but they probably could've pushed another 5 million if they actually supported it.

Oh I misread ur quote..I thought u were saying they said "Rock With You" video was horrible..thats why I made that comment about limited technology :umm:

But if they're talking about "You Rock My World" ...then...um yeah..I agree ...terrible

:hmph:

As RedSimba said Mike and Janet's worst videos are better than most others' best, while it may not be the best among Michael's other work, it is not bad...and certainly not one of the "worst videos of all time."

and WTH is madge, I know she has MORE than enough qualifying crappy videos for this supposed list.

I agree, YRMW doesn't belong on this list. But Madonna makes great videos - none of hers belong there either.

I agree, YRMW doesn't belong on this list. But Madonna makes great videos - none of hers belong there either.

I can give you a list.....first and foremost "Hung Up" just awful....awful.

4 Minutes To Save The World

True Blue.....barf!

Jump

Me Against the Music

American Life

Crazy For You

And Mariah should have several videos on that list! That butterfly seemed to make an appearance each time with that damn Unicorn.

As far as Janet's JALW it would have been fine but those costumes lord help me.

I can give you a list.....first and foremost "Hung Up" just awful....awful.

4 Minutes To Save The World

True Blue.....barf!

Jump

Me Against the Music

American Life

Crazy For You

And Mariah should have several videos on that list! That butterfly seemed to make an appearance each time with that damn Unicorn.

As far as Janet's JALW it would have been fine but those costumes lord help me.

Some of them are awful, none of them are the worst videos of all time.