Mary said.....

janetDAYZ

Well to be fair, Mary really didn't chase the mainstream. She remained pretty much R&B and the mainstream came around to her. It started in 2001 with "family affair" and peaked in 2005 with the "growing pains". For the most part she really didn't sell out. It was unneccessary for her to name drop though. That was tacky.

Well to be fair, Mary really didn't chase the mainstream. She remained pretty much R&B and the mainstream came around to her. It started in 2001 with "family affair" and peaked in 2005 with the "growing pains". For the most part she really didn't sell out. It was unneccessary for her to name drop though. That was tacky.[/b]

She was just giving examples of how she differs from other artist and their audience...I dont think it was shade.

I didn't say it was shade, I said it was tacky. You don't need to name names to prove a point. She could have said the same thing and never mentioned MC or Beyonce and made the same point. I still love her though. :blush:

:lol:

No different than Mariah back in 2000 saying she doesn't believe a vocalist should lip and since then she been lippin like a muthafuka! :lol:

What does that have to do with Mary contradicting herself?

Archived