When I Was Your Age ________

EphraimAdamz

Justin Bieber was Jesse McCartney

Jonas Brothers was Hanson

Nicki Minaj was Lil Kim

The Big 3 Females were Janet, Mariah and Madonna not Beyonce, Lady Gaga and Adele

Sexy meant lady in public; freak in private. Not Wanna-Be Burlesque

Boy these were the days -_-

Janet Jackson was Janet Jackson (bitch aint left :filenails: )

you actually bought CDs so you could thumb thru the insert and smell the new and read who wrote what and who they thanked

Artists had videos that cost MONEY

THIS

I was late in owning a CD player - I bought tapes :ph34r:

Google was an actual encyclopaedia - on my bookshelf :lol:

Music pirating was grabbing a blank cassette and recording songs off the radio PRAYING the DJ wouldn't start talking over the song at the end.... and people were still going diamond like it was a hobby....

+1 for this!!! :thumbup:

Timabland,Missy,Ginuwine,Aaliyah,Magoo,etc was the HOTTEST CREW IN MUSIC! (Murder Inc,who?) B)

Madonna and Janet were the Gaga and Beyonce :)

We had less non mutherfucking factors in music :coffee:

Boyz II Men was the BIGGEST SELLING male group :yep:

The competetion was more steep and harder to get to the top of ANY billboard chart. ;)

Taping a load of performances on your vhs was the SHIT :wub:

BET had VIDEO SOUL instead of 106 / BET had Donnie Simpson instead of a "Terrance J" :blink:

You had a shit load of CD singles because you didn't want the artists whole album. :whistle:

Timabland,Missy,Ginuwine,Aaliyah,Magoo,etc was the HOTTEST CREW IN MUSIC! (Murder Inc,who?) B)

The competetion was more steep and harder to get to the top of ANY billboard chart. ;)

BET had VIDEO SOUL instead of 106 / BET had Donnie Simpson instead of a "Terrance J" :blink:

+1 for this, too! :good:

You had a shit load of CD singles because you didn't want the artists whole album. :whistle:

Hell yeah!! I still have so many videos with stuff I've taped. There was this R&B show on really late called Flava which was all music videos - I went to pieces over that show :lmao:

I used to set my alarm and get up at 2am to catch new MJ videos on the Chart Show :lol:

I remember my best friend and me sitting right in front of the downstairs TV at like 11pm or something waiting for the UK premiere of the MJ Dangerous Bucharest concert.

[quote name=Selita Jo ^_^' timestamp='1310504946' post='182336]

Hell yeah!! I still have so many videos with stuff I've taped. There was this R&B show on really late called Flava which was all music videos - I went to pieces over that show :lmao:

I used to set my alarm and get up at 2am to catch new MJ videos on the Chart Show :lol:

I remember my best friend and me sitting right in front of the downstairs TV at like 11pm or something waiting for the UK premiere of the MJ Dangerous Bucharest concert.

[quote name=Selita Jo ^_^' timestamp='1310504946' post='182336]

The good old days when a new MJ video/special was an EVENT. :wub:

It was SO exciting, I felt like I was gonna explode every day leading up to it :lol: Every time there was a trailer I'd run around screaming :lmao:

you had to wait for the cd to drop and naw you couldn't hear nay beat nay song until that Tuesday the album was dropped. You could look forward to at least 4 videos off that one album. CD singles were a dollar. We had Miss Janet fanclub that guaranteed front row seats at regular prices. We had female groups like TLC, En Vogue and SWV putting it down. Hell you listened to the radio instead of an mp3 player, and yes bitch you had to listen all day to hear yo song.

Gas was 1.09 per gallon.

You could go to the club and not worry about catching a muthafucking bullet cause an ass beating was considered sufficient for trying to talk to his gurl instead of getting shot for stepping on his sneakers.

Aaliyah was here and so was Left Eye

Archived