California lawmakers to promote 'Caylee's Law'

Reyna ♔

California legislators plan to introduce a bill named after Florida toddler Caylee Anthony that would make it a crime to fail to promptly report a child's disappearance or death.

They are seeking the change after Casey Anthony was acquitted last week of murder in her 2-year-old daughter's death. She was convicted of four misdemeanors of lying to investigators.

Assemblyman Paul Cook, a Republican from Yucca Valley, said Wednesday that his bill would make it a felony to not report a missing child within 48 hours, or a child's death within two hours.

Similar bills are pending in at least 17 states.

Cook's co-authors include Assemblywoman Cathleen Galgiani, a Democrat from Livingston; Republican Assemblymen Kevin Jeffries of Lake Elsinore and David Valadao of Hanford; and Republican Sen. Tom Berryhill of Modesto.

Source: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/n/a/2011/07/13/state/n170153D76.DTL

welcome to the Bandwagon-Land.. Where your beliefs and opinions are left at the door and you follow the crowd (typical of the lower-educated members of all boards) and were where THAT's not an insult

Can't be an insult if it's true.

Did you even READ this article that you posted? :umm: Because there are so many things wrong with it.

i did not read the entire thing.. i read what I wanted to read in order to come up with my own opinion.

This proposed law would do absolutely nothing to deter criminal activity:

So let me be really cynical here. How would this keep a case like Caylee’s out of the courts. If a parent actually killed her daughter, do you think she would tell the police so as not to violate some random federal statute. The purpose of this law, much like laws requiring that people notify the police about lost guns, is to allow the police to easily arrest someone, without sufficient cause to show they committed the underlying offense-whether it is a gun crime, or murder

Stay as far away from the legal field as possible.

:sigh:

i didn't NEED to read the whole thing...

1a) That's what lawyers are for...

1bI don't need a lawyer to form an opinion.

c) the blogger that posted the "article" already had sorted the negatives. why would i read the entire dictionary to find the world " zyxt* "

(* - the last word in the dictionary according to a Google search)

:sigh:

i didn't NEED to read the whole thing...

1a) That's what lawyers are for...

1bI don't need a lawyer to form an opinion.

c) the blogger that posted the "article" already had sorted the negatives. why would i read the entire dictionary to find the world " zyxt* "

(* - the last word in the dictionary according to a Google search)

You DO need to read the whole article, because the part you did NOT read is dangerously STUPID, and when you cosign a stupid article, you come off just as stupid as the author.

:lmao: @ you don't need a lawyer to form an opinion. You shouldn't need a blog post to do that EYE-THER.

:lmao: @ you fixated on the negatives. And you wonder why we call you Debbie Downer.

You DO need to read the whole article, because the part you did NOT read is dangerously STUPID, and when you cosign a stupid article, you come off just as stupid as the author.

:lmao: @ you don't need a lawyer to form an opinion. You shouldn't need a blog post to do that EYE-THER.

:lmao:@ you fixated on the negatives. And you wonder why we call you Debbie Downer.

:lmao::lmao:

:lmao: @ you fixated on the negatives. And you wonder why we call you Debbie Downer.

No you don't.. why would I read the entire dictionary to find the word "zyxt"

I didn't fixate on the negative... i fixated on my opinion and I researched both.. i only posted the one i agreed with...

It's a dumb could-be-law to only "get back" at Casey Anthony... and how will it be enforced... if your kid is kidnapped or runs away.. it's the parents fault for not interfering with the police in an appropriate time? That gives the government too much power over us.

No you don't.. why would I read the entire dictionary to find the word "zyxt"

I didn't fixate on the negative... i fixated on my opinion and I researched both.. i only posted the one i agreed with...

It's a dumb could-be-law to only "get back" at Casey Anthony... and how will it be enforced... if your kid is kidnapped or runs away.. it's the parents fault for not interfering with the police in an appropriate time? That gives the government too much power over us.

Weak analogy. Try again.

When you do research to formulate an opinion, you consult more than one source. And in this case, you post more than one to back up you reasoning. What you posted did not help you by any means.

Any parent in their right mind would notify the local authorities if their child has been missing for two days. Hell some parents even ONE day. If you child is kidnapped or runs away, then that's why police send out an APB, not a missing child's report. Enforcement of the laws are drawn up during the proposal of the bill. Right now it's in the beginning stages. And it SHOULD be a crime to not tell the police your child has gone missing. That avoids sending out search parties, THAT is what eats up tax dollars.

Archived