Lady Gaga: 15-minute Attraction or True Arist?

Reyna ♔

16 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think?

• 15-minute Attraction
    • True Artist
    • Neither

Personally, I would say she's straddling the fence. She does have real talent but she gets too caught up in her look more of the time moreso than her music. She's known for her antics above her music and that doesn't prove show power for great artists. She does have talent, but what is she honestly doing with it?

Your thoughts? Btw, homage to JBailey for the idea.

I think she's a true artist. I have no problem with her image and videos because I think they're grandiose and original. The issue that I have with her and why I cannot support her is the fact that she's the most pretentious piece of shit ever. She writes basic formulaic pop and acts as if it's the next Blood On The Tracks. Her recent project, "Born This Way" was a little improvement but that's not saying much at all. If she actually gave me something musically that was different instead of writing stuff that Britney Spears could sing I'd give her a chance. Until then.. :coffee:

I think she's a true artist. I have no problem with her image and videos because I think they're grandiose and original. The issue that I have with her and why I cannot support her is the fact that she's the most pretentious piece of shit ever. She writes basic formulaic pop and acts as if it's the next Blood On The Tracks. Her recent project, "Born This Way" was a little improvement but that's not saying much at all. If she actually gave me something musically that was different instead of writing stuff that Britney Spears could sing I'd give her a chance. Until then.. :coffee:

so in a nutshell you're saying she should have worked more on the music than the image?

so in a nutshell you're saying she should have worked more on the music than the image?

Definitely. I was one of the first big Gaga supporters. Before "The Fame" was even out, I was all Gaga-ed. I remember when she just had those horrible rock demoes. The glam rock image worked for her. This other shit is just an attempt to be a contemporary mainstream Bjork. Not authentic.

Definitely. I was one of the first big Gaga supporters. Before "The Fame" was even out, I was all Gaga-ed. I remember when she just had those horrible rock demoes. The glam rock image worked for her. This other shit is just an attempt to be a contemporary mainstream Bjork. Not authentic.

well time to fire management and Tamara aint gone be happy :whistle:

I give her 2 more years. Feels like she's already past her peak

see......and Im questioning it too, but they did Madonna like this back in the day, like "oh when is she gonna drop off" bitch never did hell, why? ...wait for it

:whistle:

cause Madonna was smart, VERY smart....and that matters you can be as pretty as you wanna be bitch but if you aint bright enough to run yo own show you're fucked :filenails:

Britney could not sing a SINGLE song on Born This Way.

Have a seat anywhere you like :filenails: The floor in the corner has your name on it :filenails:

Britney could not sing a SINGLE song on Born This Way.

Have a seat anywhere you like :filenails: The floor in the corner has your name on it :filenails:

her tickets not selling so well, and I used to think White America wanted to see her do well, now I don't think even they give a fuck :filenails:

1912654_o.gif

Why you mad gal? Because I told the truth? :mellow:

Just as happy as can be

tumblr_lc98liQSt91qc2qdgo1_500.gif

You're not looking at the big picture. She's at the beginning of a 30+ year career. She's 25. She hasn't even begun yet. The music gets better each time and there's no doubt that trend will continue.

The ONLY thing lacking this era are her videos.

Just as happy as can be

tumblr_lc98liQSt91qc2qdgo1_500.gif

You're not looking at the big picture. She's at the beginning of a 30+ year career. She's 25. She hasn't even begun yet. The music gets better each time and there's no doubt that trend will continue.

whitney-houston-oprah-o.gif

We'll see. :filenails:

she can sing - no doubt about that

she can play piano - no doubt about that

she can right songs - meh... it's like one formula wrapped in a lot of different papers

She's original - hell no, and that's the thing that will be her downfall imo... Grace jones is still around, Madonna is still around, now Bette Midler (can't believe she did the mermaid wheelchair routine) is still around, Bjork is still around and all the others she 'took inspiration' from are still around making her just look stupid for the people that don't worship her... At least Grace Jones embodies fashion, Madonna, how ugly she can be embodies beauty and sexyness, Bette Midler IS funny, Bjork is a genius song writer etc etc... so she's just a watered down version of all the ones she 'takes inspiration from'

There just isn't a genuine bone in her body and that shows, and will eventually be exposed to her freaky monsters

As we all know she does have a great future in writing tunes for the eurovision song contest and performing on weddings...

and hits in a lot of countries (where she was huge with the fame)

I live in one of those countries and am soooo happy there's hardly any Gaga anymore ton the radio and tv...

No singles in either the Dutch or Belgian top 50, and in both countries the album left the top 15 after just 6 weeks (in Holland after 4 weeks)

Born this way is still in the top 100 (77) and edge of glory is at 89

yeah, they're just small countries, but when the small countries don't care anymore........ i mean, these look like Kylie's latest chart runs... (except All the lovers stayed top 5 for months) and that was considered a big flop...

Not sure about other countries, but i feel Gaga freed and it feels good!

She can sing? So fucking what...

She can play a piano? So fucking what...

How do people come to the conclusion that she's 'joined the majors' for a '30 year career', after a couple of lucky hit songs. Seriusly people need to get a grip.

Shes an embarrising fad. The fact that judas and edge of glory flopped proves this. Edge of glory only has 13 million YouTube views lol...this down from 500 million for pokerface...shows it all just nonsense hype.

I feel that her popularity is based moreso on shock value rather than the music itself. And as Klash-E pointed out, many artists have already done what's she's doing now and much better. She's okay, but nothing to write home about IMO.

Without sounding too dramatic. I can't stand the bitch. I was a fan of The FAME when she first came out however now I change channels everytime she's on especially when she opens her damn mouth.

She seems like a gimmick to me. I liked her when she first came out but then she became a distraction, it's almost as if she tries to be so different to compensate for something. Originality should come naturally, she's trying to squeeze about 5 different artist into one look each time she steps out. She's only been out for a few years and her act is already titing, i woulnd't even put her in the same category as Britney or Beyonce yet, they have at least proven not to be fad.

I feel that her popularity is based moreso on shock value rather than the music itself. And as Klash-E pointed out, many artists have already done what's she's doing now and much better. She's okay, but nothing to write home about IMO.

2vacths.jpg

Im sure she could. The songs aren't hard to sing.

Britney and her hooker-on-helium voice couldn't lay one finger on any of those tracks. Britney could never conceive of any of those tracks either and she doesn't have the stones or charisma to do anything other than be prodded up in a recording studio cooing over a dance track someone else wrote and produced for her.

She can sing? So fucking what...

She can play a piano? So fucking what...

How do people come to the conclusion that she's 'joined the majors' for a '30 year career', after a couple of lucky hit songs. Seriusly people need to get a grip.

Shes an embarrising fad. The fact that judas and edge of glory flopped proves this. Edge of glory only has 13 million YouTube views lol...this down from 500 million for pokerface...shows it all just nonsense hype.

I'm surprised you can breathe and type at the same time you're so fucking dumb :coffee:

Gaga is a legend, deal with it :yahoo:

Archived