La Toya Says Michael Forgave Her of 1993 Accusations

Reyna ♔

La Toya Jackson said her late brother, Michael Jackson, forgave her for accusing him of inappropriate relations with children back in 1993.

“I did have the chance and opportunity to talk all this over with Michael,” La Toya told Access Hollywood Live’s Kit Hoover and guest co-host Debbie Gibson on Tuesday’s show.

La Toya has claimed in the past, and now in her new book, “Starting Over,” that it was her then husband and manager, Jack Gordon, who made her make those comments about her brother back in the early ‘90s. She told Kit and Debbie that Michael knew the words were not her own.

“he says, ‘La Toya, I know what you’re gonna say. you don’t have to. I know you; I know your heart. I know you would never ever do anything to hurt me,’” La Toya recounted of her conversation with the late King of Pop, who died two years ago. “he said, ‘I know he had you do that I know he had you do Playboy.’”

The singer and author posed for Playboy back in 1989, another incident she blamed on her ex-husband.

La Toya said her brother always warned her about her then-husband.

“Michael would call me and say, ‘You’ve gotta get away from him, he’s gonna kill you!’” she said.

“he knew it wasn’t me. he knew someone was forcing me, making me do that,” La Toya added.

She also said that despite her comments, she and her brother were very close.

“Michael and I were like this,” La Toya said, crossing her fingers. “we were best friends.”

Source: http://johnjohnsaidit.com/access-hollywood-celebrity-news-photos-videos-21/

Posted already? My bad >_<

this is regurgitated news, that site is always late lol. Of course he forgave her or else she wouldn't have been by his side at his 2005 trial. Michael was a very forgiving person, I can't imagine how it must have felt for him at the time but it was obviously latoya was under some influence with Jack Gordon, her personality was totally different. I'm glad she found the strength to leave is living her life on her terms now. Not enough women leave abusive relationships and end up seriously injured or dead.

this is regurgitated news, that site is always late lol. Of course he forgave her or else she wouldn't have been by his side at his 2005 trial. Michael was a very forgiving person, I can't imagine how it must have felt for him at the time but it was obviosuly latoya was under some influence with Jacks Gordon, her personality was totally different. I'm glad she found the strength to leave is living her life on her terms now. Not enough womean leave abusive realtionships and end up seriosuly injured or dead.

So true! -_-

No shade, but I don't believe LaToya. I believe she knew exactly what she was doing and saying and no one forced her to do anything.

By that point she was already brainwashed ..so either way her husband is responsible for her and her behavior towards her family imo

By that point she was already brainwashed ..so either way her husband is responsible for her and her behavior towards her family imo

That's just it: I don't believe that she was ever brainwashed. I believe she knew exactly what she was doing and why she was doing it. All this talk of "he brainwashed me" sounds a little too convenient to me. It sounds like something she made up.

I think she really was abused. To what extent I don't know. She received nothing from the divorce so I'm assuming she really did want to be rid of him no matter what so that to me signals that she was terrified of him. However reading the book she seems to say the same thing over and over. 'He said he would kill Michael if I didn't listen to him'. Girl please...there's more to it than that. I think she has always been insecure about the other siblings fame and thats partly why she stayed with him.

As for being brainwashed. In the book she says that Gordon told her Katherine was down the hallway with a knife. I'm sorry but 20 yrs ago Mother Jackson was what...70?? Do you really think a 70yr old with a knife can hold up against like 20 big italian bodyguards?

I couldn't take when she said something like 'Here I was with new material in over a decade and no one would give me a break. With all my Billboard hits to my name, the record labels still decided I was a has been.' or something :lmao:.

The book really is a good read imo. The problem is her reliability. I love LaToya I do but sometimes she's rather farfetched.

Archived