What made Michael Jackson a musical genius? serious question, no drama plz lol!

bzebabe

Janet is more of a musical genius than MJ. She hasn't got stuck in one sound, the melodies and vocal arrangements she writes are above anyone else, the performance style she created has been copied by practically everyone else out today including the men. Her dance is far more versatile, her songs are more versatile and she created whole new sounds and genres. Who ever heard a song like Doesn't really matter before it came out, and there are dozens of others that were so unique they can't be categorised. All hail queen Janet!

Ch...

But not ALL the songs.

<Whitney.gif>

Maybe you don't have those albums, but they were listed as producers on majority of Damita Jo (what...5 songs they didn't produce means they were needed to produced the entire project :mellow: ) and on every song with 20 Y.O....if you can, I suggest you try to remember how they had problems with JD and how he wanted to produce some of 20 Y.O., and Janet saying it was all four of them in the studio PRODUCING and working together.

Them ACTUALLY producing on both projects >>>>>>>>> your claim that they were needed on them

<insert my Harry Potter "wizards chess" gif>

Black artists were already on MTV prior to Mike.

Yes, black artists were on MTV but not in heavy rotation. I mean, MTV didn't even want to put Mike into rotation, and he was arguably one of the biggest acts at the time thanks to the success of "Off The Wall"...if I have the story correct Epic/Sony eventually threatened to pull all of their artists from MTV if they didn't put Mike's videos into rotation.

So as you can see, Mike was most definitely apart of breaking the barrier.

Nothing to do with the topic, I just wanted to put that out there...

I stopped there...majority of his stuff is VERY dated :mellow:

I think most classic songs would be considered "dated" if the only thing we use to compare them to is what's on the radio today.

When I think of "timeless" I think of something you watch or listen to over and over again, and still find new things to enjoy about it, new things to dissect.

:rolleyes: So have you started on the video idea I gave you -_-

Yep, a new vid...and it's good too... :excited:

No, not yet...

I have like so many ideas (and no time to do it, lol) I think I am going to do that Janet vs Bey video, so that's going to be the next thing I work on (Effrem is going to be PISSED at me, lol)..and then I got a request for another vogue video to work on...so probably after all that.

Yep, a new vid...and it's good too... :excited:

No, not yet...

I have like so many ideas (and no time to do it, lol) I think I am going to do that Janet vs Bey video, so that's going to be the next thing I work on (Effrem is going to be PISSED at me, lol)..and then I got a request for another vogue video to work on...so probably after all that.

If you say so :coffee: *continues to pussy pop to Lil Kim's "How Many Licks"*

:excited: @ you trying to destroy Effrem :excited: You can do the one I said for the "end of the year appreciation" video next month -_-

If you say so :coffee: *continues to pussy pop to Lil Kim's "How Many Licks"*

:excited: @ you trying to destroy Effrem :excited: You can do the one I said for the "end of the year appreciation" video next month -_-

You know you wanna see it. :rolleyes: If you ask nicely I might post a link to the video. :hmph:

That's a good idea...I like that, that'll work. Awww, you are useful after all Hendrika. :blush:

Yes, black artists were on MTV but not in heavy rotation. I mean, MTV didn't even want to put Mike into rotation, and he was arguably one of the biggest acts at the time thanks to the success of "Off The Wall"...if I have the story correct Epic/Sony eventually threatened to pull all of their artists from MTV if they didn't put Mike's videos into rotation.

So as you can see, Mike was most definitely apart of breaking the barrier.

Nothing to do with the topic, I just wanted to put that out there...

Do you have receipts for Blacks not getting heavy rotation on MTV?

Yep I saw it ^_^

:rolleyes::rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

WTF was that BTW? :mellow:

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

That's what I thought bitch :excited:

:rolleyes:

I figured you'd be an evil bitch again after I posted the link. :umm:

I won't be nice again. :hmph:

Do you have receipts for Blacks not getting heavy rotation on MTV?

Before Mike Black artists weren't in heavy rotation...that's like a commonly known fact. :blink: