What made Michael Jackson a musical genius? serious question, no drama plz lol!

bzebabe

stop the track...MJ was jackin for producers? chile.........well, he did go and get Teddy Riley, who is like a dumbed down version of Jimmy and Terry...ya'll remember Bobby Brown's Control Don't Be Cruel album.....................................

:lol:

Yup. Jimmy and Terry turned him down because they were devoted to Janet's janet. project. You know it amazes me how people don't see Janet's impact in music. It's far greater than what it appears to be. -_-

I'm talking about MJ as a person. After the '05 trials he vanished and went into hiding. Instead of putting his "musical genius" into good use to rebound the public's bad perception on him. It has been done before :whistle: I wonder why MJ couldn't do it....

That is not musical genius... :mellow:

R. Kelly putting out hits after his BS has nothing to do with musical genius.

I thought were talking about an individuals/artists body of work, not about the rate in which he or she went back into the studio and released music after a trial. :blink:

Michael made enjoyable and relatable. What isn't relatable about the songs Michael composed? :blink:

Your reaching for the sake of argument...and poorly if I may add.

:fail:

open iTunes... go to ure MJ playlist (we all have em) and start naming off tracks that YOU AND MJ can relate to... :yep: easy directions right?

THEN name a song that is deep... that he wrote (and not his hippie songs including that children/save the world hippie songs)

Anyone can spin in circles and grab crotch... ask* any dancer in this world...

any street rat can beat box... he's not the king of beat boxing just like Janet's not the Queen of scatting :rolleyes:

this isn't a great about what he's good at... or bad at... :rolleyes:

My point that you missed was that he could do all that shit... and more... and very few artists have that whole package. I equate that with genius. PERSONALLY.

Nice Freudian slip, by the way. shifty.gif

boy I live in NYC...I can go on any corner and find you people who will kill(bad use of words lol) MJ beatboxing...don't do it...if you gonna talk genius, come with something better than that video

I didn't post it in reference to his beatboxing skills. It was in reference to his knowledge of musical sound and composition. Then recompose those exact notes into a drum machine.

:fail:

open iTunes... go to ure MJ playlist (we all have em) and start naming off tracks that YOU AND MJ can relate to... :yep: easy directions right? name a song that is deep... that he wrote (and not his hippie songs)

Every single song he wrote is relatable.

That is BS and you know it. I'm not doing this with you, just so you can drag out/create this nonsensical argument.

I didn't post it in reference to his beatboxing skills. It was in reference to his knowledge of musical sound and composition. Then recompose those exact notes into a drum machine.

so he can imitate the sound of a drum.. my farts sound like trumpets.. does that make me a musical genius?

My point that you missed was that he could do all that shit... and more... and very few artists have that whole package. I equate that with genius. PERSONALLY.

Nice Freudian slip, by the way. shifty.gif

as the creator of this thread, I must once again emphasize, this not a thread about anything other than music...this is not about dancing, this is not about videos....just music...all those others things come after the music

That is not musical genius... :mellow:

R. Kelly putting out hits after his BS has nothing to do with musical genius.

I thought were talking about an individuals/artists body of work, not about the rate in which he or she went back into the studio and released music after a trial. :blink:

FAIL. You're failing to look at the bigger picture.

I'm asking you if MJ is such a 'musical genius' why couldn't he create music to rebound all the scrutiny? Why did he decide fly out to the Middle East and release Greatest Hits compilation after compilation? It's a simple question.

that equates musical genius? (that's a serious question since I don't feel like i've gotten a full opinion from you about what make him a musical genius...i'm certain you don't feel it's only what you typed and that you have other reasons)

that equates musical genius? (that's a serious question since I don't feel like i've gotten a full opinion from you about what make him a musical genius...i'm certain you don't feel it's only what you typed and that you have other reasons)

Not solely. It's the many reasons people are saying. There is no ONE reason for his genius, its the collaborative medium.