What made Michael Jackson a musical genius? serious question, no drama plz lol!

bzebabe

For a musical genius it's a simple task. I'm sure you know what the term 'musical genius' means, right? It's the same as saying a 'genius' can work out a difficult equation in their head without a calculator.

that logic doesn't follow his Thriller 25th Anni' album... he let that crap get released...

maybe he WAS a musical genius... like in the 90's...

MJ hasn't rebounded at all.. :mellow: his last hit album was 1995* >_< he was clearly scared after Janet outsold him*

* - US figures only

I know that. :mellow: I said there is an artist that has. Interestingly, MJ used that certain artist to reignite his career back '95 :whistle:

that logic doesn't follow his Thriller 25th Anni' album... he let that crap get released...

maybe he WAS a musical genius... like in the 90's... and all of his albums post-Thriller...

So you're suggesting people can lose their 'musical genius'? :mellow:

I see a "musical genius" as someone who composes music that influences the present, the immediate future, and is examined for years after the fact. I believe Michael fits into that...

Both are memorable, both were hits, and both were composed by the individual in question. :whistle:

:sigh:

So Mr. Quincey didn't have to do to much.. lol

yes he did lol :whistle:

I think MJ and Quincy, together, did genius-like things...if MJ had stopped making music after Quincy, i'd give more consideration into calling him a musical genius...he continued, and IMO, musically, he dumbed down greatly...so I can't give him musical genius credit if the discrepancies are so great, at least to me

:o

well.. he did take Jimmy Jam & Terry Lewis to try to garner hits... like that certain artist :ph34r:

Let's not forget he asked Jimmy and Terry to produce Dangerous for him but they turned him down....

10pam9y.jpg

I want to see if TOF will try you for that, because he surely polished his pussy and tried it with me when I said it :umm:

Well, I'm not just talking about Janet but we all know that MJ did in fact use Janet to reignite his career, as well.

can people lose their sexual drive.. their memory.. their minds... YES... people can lose intellect... it was prolly during his drug issues when he lost it.. they'd do that to u ya know

He wasn't a musical genius even before the drug use, dear.

Let's not forget he asked Jimmy and Terry to produce Dangerous for him but they turned him down....

10pam9y.jpg

Well, I'm not just talking about Janet but we all know that MJ did in fact use Janet to reignite his career, as well.

GOOD FOR THEM.. that's love...

He wasn't a musical genius even before the drug use, dear.

:ph34r:

his albums has had the same formula from BAD and up... his pretend love life, saving children, saving world, tabloid crap...

yes he did lol :whistle:

I think MJ and Quincy, together, did genius-like things...if MJ had stopped making music after Quincy, i'd give more consideration into calling him a musical genius...he continued, and IMO, musically, he dumbed down greatly...so I can't give him musical genius credit if the discrepancies are so great, at least to me

But the song was damn near done, Quincy just added the instruments..

i believe* a musical genius can take their own life experiences... and turn em into enjoyable songs that OTHERS can relate to... MJ failed at that :ph34r:

* - just my opinion.. all other opinions still count..

:blink:

Mike did that in abundance...

:lol:

IMO, a musical genius can rebound from all the scrutinizing by the public and put their talents to use and have people listening to their music again. A certain has done that. I wonder why MJ couldn't or maybe he was scared? Idk.

Scrutinizing what exactly? His music or his life? His life had nothing to do with his music, and Michael always had people listening to his music... it's just "cool" to acknowledge that you respect him as an artist.

I don't know if I feel people give Quincy too much credit...I mean, I understand what you are saying, but I also feel that people think MJ's musical quality fell off greatly after Quincy Jones...I can see their point on that, as I too feel the same way, even though my favorite album isn't a Quincy Jones album...the reason why I don't feel like Dangerous and History will be viewed differently down the road, Dangerous especially, is because Dangerous was one of those albums that was good, but it was MJ's RN1814 (that's kinda harsh, but it kinda was)and people have mentioned it in the past, but because it's MJ no one will come right out and say it...I can't remember where I read the article, it was quite sometime ago, but it was basically saying that MJ and Teddy was on Jimmy and Terry's nuts with that album and basically conforming to what was hot(of course not in those exact words lol)

People credit Quincy as if he wrote the music himself, when that isn't true that was Mike and Rod Temperton (for "Off The Wall" and "Thriller")... some praise Quincy as if the projects were solely his creation and Michael was his puppet...and that's not true.

I think people say the music fell off after Qunicy but they are really referring to his life and persona (whether they know it, and/or admit it), and how that dropped after "Bad" with the allegations etc. Michael's life and people's perception of it is so intertwined with his music. There's no separation for many...

He was definitely influenced by RN...when Jerkins and Mike first begin collaborating Mike gave him a cd to listen to with some of his favorites...the first song was a track from RN :lol:

Having said that, I still feel "Dangerous" can and will stand up on it's own in the future. HIStory perhaps even more so, because personal issues Michael touched on with it. There's some deep stuff there, that's been overlooked or passed off as "just angry MJ songs"

Not to mention the singing and dancing, he beatboxes, he makes the sounds of an orchestra of instruments with his mouth (if you've ever watched the Dangerous Deposition you'll know what I mean) - a great deal of the 'instruments' in his tracks are made by his mouth, but on top of that he can also play instruments. He wrote Billie Jean in a single car journey. He alone wrote a music video which opened up MTV to black artists. Basically it would be quicker to talk about what he wasn't good at... lol :coffee:

stop the track...MJ was jackin for producers? chile.........well, he did go and get Teddy Riley, who is like a dumbed down version of Jimmy and Terry...ya'll remember Bobby Brown's Control Don't Be Cruel album.....................................

Not to mention the singing and dancing, he beatboxes, he makes the sounds of an orchestra of instruments with his mouth (if you've ever watched the Dangerous Deposition you'll know what I mean) - a great deal of the 'instruments' in his tracks are made by his mouth, but on top of that he can also play instruments. He wrote Billie Jean in a single car journey. He alone wrote a music video which opened up MTV to black artists. Basically it would be quicker to talk about what he wasn't good at... lol :coffee:

Anyone can spin in circles and grab crotch... ask* any dancer in this world...

any street rat can beat box... he's not the king of beat boxing just like Janet's not the Queen of scatting :rolleyes:

this isn't a great about what he's good at... or bad at... :rolleyes:

stop the track...MJ was jackin for producers? chile.........well, he did go and get Teddy Riley, who is like a dumbed down version of Jimmy and Terry...ya'll remember Bobby Brown's Control Don't Be Cruel album.....................................

MJ had Jam/Lewis work on the BLOOD ON THE DANCE FLOOR album...

Scrutinizing what exactly? His music or his life? His life had nothing to do with his music, and Michael always had people listening to his music... it's just "cool" to acknowledge that you respect him as an artist.

I'm talking about MJ as a person. After the '05 trials he vanished and went into hiding. Instead of putting his "musical genius" into good use to rebound the public's bad perception on him. It has been done before :whistle: I wonder why MJ couldn't do it....