LETS LIST EM SHALL WE??

janetDAYZ

• Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There is no agreement, though.

Understand something, Kenny and I were NOT discussing two different songs when I made that quote. The only song we were discussing was the "Deeper Remix". And I highlighted that sub-argument to illustrate the two opposing perceptions of the song. This is where you keep fumbling on the play sis.

Once AGAIN, perception of depth are contingent upon the listener. What someone believe is depth, someone may not. Why do you REFUSE to accept this fact???

This is all OPINION. And opinions differ. :sigh:

veyzrp.jpg

You just contradicted your ENTIRE argument with this line! :lmao: DEPTH. OF. A. SONG. IS. CONTINGENT. UPON. THE. LISTENER. WHAT. ONE. BELIEVES. IS. DEPTH. ANOTHER. MAY. NOT. Consequently, all of this:

is irrelevant.

Him fucking with ppl has no bearing on this discussion. And in fact, is an ad hominem fallacy. :filenails: "This won't end in your favor." Please, you haven't earned your rights to boast sis. :coffee:

Only because you wanna keep "debating".

I know you weren't discussing two different songs. But you treated it is as such and so your argument was shattered over it. Opposing perceptions of the same song when both agree that the song has depth, only on the grounds of an instrumental which is NO real factor, is not a valid point in your argument.

You confuse perception and meaning with depth. I can perceive that the American ABCs song is a life philosophy of growth. I'd be dead wrong, but I could perceive that if I felt like it. Depth and meaning are two different things. What a song can MEAN to one person and not the other doesn't strip away it's depth. Like some would perceive that Mariah's song Hero is one of her most meaningful ballads. I don't find it that way, but it's depth is undeniable. It touches on a strong subject, but I just don't perceive the same meaning. However because of it's message, it has depth. You argue that depth depends on the artist, not the song itself. That the artist makes the music depth and not the other way around, and that is dead wrong.

MEANING of a song depends on the listener. Not the depth in itself. See above point.

Because you know I'm right. :filenails:

No doll, it's faulty ethics. You provided a non-credible source for your defense, were called-out on it, and shut down accordingly. If someone is known for bullshit opinions, how is he credible for determining anything? The prosecution motions to rest if a better argument is not found by the defense.

Oh, and I know I have earned them, sweetie :coffee:

I know you weren't discussing two different songs. But you treated it is as such and so your argument was shattered over it. Opposing perceptions of the same song when both agree that the song has depth, only on the grounds of an instrumental which is NO real factor, is not a valid point in your argument.

You confuse perception and meaning with depth. I can perceive that the American ABCs song is a life philosophy of growth. I'd be dead wrong, but I could perceive that if I felt like it. Depth and meaning are two different things. What a song can MEAN to one person and not the other doesn't strip away it's depth. Like some would perceive that Mariah's song Hero is one of her most meaningful ballads. I don't find it that way, but it's depth is undeniable. It touches on a strong subject, but I just don't perceive the same meaning. However because of it's message, it has depth. You argue that depth depends on the artist, not the song itself. That the artist makes the music depth and not the other way around, and that is dead wrong.

MEANING of a song depends on the listener. Not the depth in itself. See above point.

No doll, it's faulty ethics. You provided a non-credible source for your defense, were called-out on it, and shut down accordingly. If someone is known for bullshit opinions, how is he credible for determining anything? The prosecution motions to rest if a better argument is not found by the defense.

Oh, and I know I have earned them, sweetie :coffee:

slap.gif

GOT DAMN! +1

Austineisha LOVES to debate, so you're going to be in this thread for a while. :sigh: lol

We're going to be having some freak nasty, gutter butt type sex! :yahoo::excited::dance:

This is why Leos and Geminis do NOT need to find something to disagree on lol. We can go on forever. But I'm getting bored with snatching so many wigs in one thread so I may pick up my awards and go :coffee:

:blink: OH MY...JEEEEZZZ!!! :lmao: :lmao:

Please.

Hence me saying "SUB-ARGUMENT". That means, argument within an argument. Also, neither one of us agreed that the song has depth. Let's not make up arguments here.

And you still fail to see my point. There's no right or wrong answer when it comes to depth. Music varies from person to person. Stop acting like everyone has a one track mind when it comes to perception of a song. KII @ you bringing up Mariah, who critics have criticized for bland and shallow lyrics. See how my argument of depth is contingent upon the listener continues to reigns supreme? :thumbup:

Ain't nobody talking about meaning. Gurl hush.

KII2 @ you thinking there's a right or wrong in a discussion about opinions.

KII3

Ad Hominem is a fallacy is that the character, circumstances, or actions of a person do not (in most cases) have a bearing on the truth or falsity of the claim being made.

http://www.nizkor.org/features/fallacies/ad-hominem.html

Have your seat. :coffee:

And stop focusing on Seth the person. Focus on the discussion between me and TE, and maybe you'll stop fumbling on the play.

Oh, and I know I have earned them :coffee:

Self-proclamation won't get you anywhere. Just look at how the entire board laughs when your cosigner calls himself legendary and iconic. :coffee:

This is why Leos and Geminis do NOT need to find something to disagree on lol. We can go on forever. But I'm getting bored with snatching so many wigs in one thread so I may pick up my awards and go :coffee:

:blink: OH MY...JEEEEZZZ!!! :lmao: :lmao:

Snatch his wig once more...collect your awards and go...swinging your ICONIC wig as you exit! :excited:

It's they type of sex Austineisha likes. -_- ..... I like it too. :shifty:

Please.

Hence me saying "SUB-ARGUMENT". That means, argument within an argument. Also, neither one of us agreed that the song has depth. Let's not making up arguments here.

And you still fail to see my point. There's no right or wrong answer when it comes to depth. Music varies from person to person. Stop acting like everyone has a one track mind when it comes to perception of a song. KII @ you bringing up Mariah, who critics have criticized for bland and shallow lyrics. See how my argument of depth is contingent upon the listener continues to reigns supreme? :thumbup:

Ain't nobody talking about meaning. Gurl hush.

KII2 @ you thinking there's a right or wrong in a discussion about opinions.

KII3

Have your seat. :coffee:

And stop focusing on Seth the person. Focus on the discussion between me and TE, and maybe you'll stop fumbling on the play.

Self-proclamation won't get you anywhere. Just look at how the entire board laughs when your cosigner calls himself legendary and iconic. :coffee:

Honey, I'm getting bored. Please sit down. I have enough wigs in my collection today.

It would be a common and sensible thing to say that the song has depth. That is a known fact. My argument stands, period. You can have as many sub-arguments as you please. You brought up a point of a single song and debating with someone over its MEANING mistaking is for debating dpeth, and the only leg you could stand on is the difference in instrumental and testimony(feeling of the song). THAT.DOES.NOT.STRIP.AWAY.ITS.DEPTH.

There IS a right or wrong when it comes to depth. Depth is not subjective, only meaning and perception are. I don't believe everyone has a one track mind, I think very highly of people who know the difference between depth and meaning. This relates to ANY argument whether someone likes something or doesn't like it but respects its depth. You don't like the Mariah example? Okay. I'll use Michael. With his song, Childhood, some who don't care for Michael or even a few fans will say that the song lacks because it has no meaning to them. They can't relate. However, if they aren't completely out of touch, a common belief will be found that the song has depth because of its message and because of the passion he put into it. Even though they will feel that it has no relevant meaning to them, they will agree it has depth. Your confusion of the words Depth and Meaning fuck up your argument entirely.

You are talking about meaning. Must I quote you every time you have brought up meaning in this argument? Really. Read before you type. It helps the situation.

Your "kii"s are meaningless. especially the 2nd. There is a right and wrong in a discussion. Facts are facts. Now you can perceive that they can be subjective, but again, unanimous vote. Depth, reigns.

Too busy standing on my platform looking at your defenseless argument. You used Seth as a witness, I didn't. So once again, you argue meaning as depth. TE's comment was on meaning. He never said nor implied that Coldplay had no depth.

Bringing in my brother to this argument won't help the fact that your argument has failed, AGAIN. Now THAT'S an Ad Hominem. The prosecution once AGAIN motions to rest on the grounds of the defense falling apart. :coffee:

Snatch his wig once more...collect your awards and go...swinging your ICONIC wig as you exit! :excited:

It's they type of sex Austineisha likes. -_- ..... I like it too. :shifty:

I'm done. He cannot possibly rebuild himself after that last bit. :yawn:

Oh I plan to. Janet .gif and img already ready :wink:

:lol: I know, remember? :lmao:

I'm done. He cannot possibly rebuild himself after that last bit. :yawn:

Oh I plan to. Janet .gif and img already ready :wink:

:lol: I know, remember? :lmao:

Yes, I think you set fire to his wig while it was still on his head that time. :unsure::lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

I don't know he plays these games on the forum...when he knows he so desperately wants my paynis. :sigh: lol

Yes, I think you set fire to his wig while it was still on his head that time. :unsure::lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

I don't know he plays these games on the forum...when he knows he so desperately wants my paynis. :sigh: lol

Seriously? :lmao: Oh well. We can buy him a new wig. :filenails:

I'll hook him up with my people [/Janet voice] :thumbup:

I almost cannot take that seriously because you both debate so much. :lmao: :lmao:

Archived