A QUESTION

Selz

Ok, so I don't know if it works differently in the States/Canada, but when you rent a property and you move out, presumably prospective tenants get viewings while you're still living out your notice to quit. But what I want to know is, are you permitted to refuse them entry?

I'm moving out of my house in 2 weeks, and the letting agent just called to say they're remarketing the property and have people wanting to view. I'm on leave from work next week and don't want strangers traipsing through my house while I'm trying to sort things out. So can I rightfully say no, come back the following week?

[quote name=Selita Jo ^_^' timestamp='1312665650' post='205271]

Ok, so I don't know if it works differently in the States/Canada, but when you rent a property and you move out, presumably prospective tenants get viewings while you're still living out your notice to quit. But what I want to know is, are you permitted to refuse them entry?

I'm moving out of my house in 2 weeks, and the letting agent just called to say they're remarketing the property and have people wanting to view. I'm on leave from work next week and don't want strangers traipsing through my house while I'm trying to sort things out. So can I rightfully say no, come back the following week?

I go with common sense, I don't know the law there, but everything works on incentive, you are leaving, they want to keep the money flowing, and that means getting someone in there, you probably cannot say, I don't want this or that coming into MY place, when it's pretty much no longer your place. If anyone has an incentive it would be you informing them to show the place when you truly ready to not give a fuck what they do, but it sounds like you still there, and two weeks is a minute. I guess Im saying is 1.) ask if you want to know, 2.) do what's in your best interests.

True, but my rent is paid up to the day I move out, I'm guessing that gives me some kind of foothold.

Why not let them look?

They can look, just not this coming week, when I'm on leave from work. I don't want strangers in my house when I'm holiday, plus I'm trying to box up my belongings.

It's all about the dough anyway (of course), landlord can't bear the thought of the house being empty for any length of time. Doesn't matter that they don't spend any money on the houses and probably could cope perfectly well with losing a month's rent. But I digress ;)

unless she makes an arrangement the place is shown at her own time when she is there, so they contact her.

They're quite welcome to come in when I'm not here but I'd prefer that to happen when I'm back at work.

[quote name=Selita Jo ^_^' timestamp='1312735927' post='206298]

They can look, just not this coming week, when I'm on leave from work. I don't want strangers in my house when I'm holiday, plus I'm trying to box up my belongings.

It's all about the dough anyway (of course), landlord can't bear the thought of the house being empty for any length of time. Doesn't matter that they don't spend any money on the houses and probably could cope perfectly well with losing a month's rent. But I digress ;)

DEATH... there was a viewing today while I was out (which I previously agreed) and the agent put a to-let sign outside the house - and my next-door neighbour has ALREADY deleted me as a friend on Facebook!! Like you couldn't wait until I leave? REALLY?!?!?? :lmao:

I always suspected she was a shady bitch...

[quote name=Selita Jo ^_^' timestamp='1312828053' post='207644]

DEATH... there was a viewing today while I was out (which I previously agreed) and the agent put a to-let sign outside the house - and my next-door neighbour has ALREADY deleted me as a friend on Facebook!! Like you couldn't wait until I leave? REALLY?!?!?? :lmao:

tumblr_lo3ljtysoX1qd8nya.gif

I kid. :P

But seriously, what a cunt. :umm:

Especially after I put up with her barking dogs, listening to her and her husband shagging through the thin walls, being all nice about everything, for 3 years. The icing was a few weeks ago she seemed sad I was going to be moving out, and then the next minute found out her friend wanted to move back here and it was like, how quickly can we get Selina out so my friend can live next door. So I didn't tell her when I actually gave in my notice. But after this... I ain't playing anymore. She better not try any shit, I'll be onto Environmental Services about those dogs faster than she can blink. :mellow:

[quote name=Selita Jo ^_^' timestamp='1312828053' post='207644]

Archived