The Official VMAs Awards Show Thread

Reyna ♔

for the beyonce haters.........

According to reports, Adele collapsed after being praised by Beyonce Knowles. 00042618-314.jpg

Adele was overwhelmed by Beyonce's comments

The 22-year-old singer is a huge fan of the 'Rule The World' hitmaker and was overwhelmed by her encounter, which she described as the "highlight" of her life.

Speaking about the 2010 meeting at the Sony Grammy's party, Adele said: "She went, 'Adele' and I went, 'Uh Beyonce!' And then Jay-Z went, 'Adele! I was like, 'You can't both call me Adele".

She further stated that she asked Beyonce for a picture, only to hear Beyonce utter the words "'Can I have a picture with you?".

Beyonce then told Adele: "When I listen to you, I feel like I'm listening to God."

Adele added to Q magazine: "I heard it but I was like, 'Don't let her know you've heard it.' I ran out on the balcony and fell into her security's arms, going, 'She's so nice!' And literally collapsed. Sobbing my heart out, it was like being winded. Highlight of my life, ever."

http://www.rte.ie/ten/2011/0528/adele.html

(old article)

• Replies 840
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Video Music Awards score biggest audience ever

LOS ANGELES (AP) — Between Beyonce's baby bump and Lady Gaga dressed in drag, the Video Music Awards brought MTV its biggest audience ever.

The network says its annual show honoring the top music videos attracted 12.4 million viewers Sunday night, a nine percent growth from last year and a network record.

Lady Gaga dressed as her male alter-ego to open the show, where Adele and Katy Perry were the top winners with three trophies each.

But Beyonce overshadowed their performances and prizes with her own silent announcement: The 29-year-old entertainer revealed her pregnancy with husband Jay-Z by cupping her growing belly for photographers as she arrived. Later, after performing on the show, she unbuttoned her jacket and openly rubbed her tummy on stage.

:excited:

Archived