Madonna Was Seriously Pressed About Janet According To Jermaine Jackson

Idrag4mj

Here an excerpt from Jermaine Jackson's new book

"In any large family, there's always one dark horse that busts out of nowhere and makes everyone sit up and take note. And I'm not talking about Michael, I'm talking about Janet. No one saw the singer-songwriter blossoming in Janet. If anything we had our younger sisters career mapped out as an actress. So had she. Janet's acting ability was as crystal clear then as it remains today. Unlike us, Janet felt she was pushed into her singing career. She went along with it because Joseph was insistent and she didn't wish to defy him. But when you think of her enduring career and how many No.s she's amassed over the years, that was no bad instinct of my fathers".

- "Janet had prepared a suprise, what my parents didn't know was that the whole family was there, the first and second generation. During dinner, Michael was seated at Jackie's table and Janet was on the far side of the room. Out of nowhere , Janet started making this weird Jim Carrey-type sound that was half-scream, half-cackle. Michael put his hand to his mouth and chuckled. It was clearly an inside joke they shared from way back and the more Janet did it, the more Michael laughed. Eventually he was laughing so hard, throwing his head back unable to control himself, laughing at her".

- "Of course, Michael built a special bond with Janet and she became his virtual shadow. Those two were so alike it was sometimes uncanny. Janet, although a tomboy, is the female version of Michael in many ways. Sensitive, gentle, inquisitive, socially brittle but heartly strong and full of kindness. Michael adored his sisters, without them he would of been utterly lost".

- "I think Madonna sincerley adored Michael, but the feeling wasn't mutual and she committed two cardinal sins. The first was that she was hell-bent on loosening him up and getting him to see life through her eyes. The second mistake was when Michael went to dinner with her one night and Madonna had the termerity to criticise Janet. Michael was furious and not suprisingly, they never went on another date".

- "The court refused to allow us four extra seats on verdict day. Janet and I decided to let the others go ahead. My sister and I went to an upstairs room. Just me, her and security. We prayed, we hugged, we paced, we waited. Then I heard a cheer from outside. I rushed out the door, chasing this cheer. "JANET! JANET!" I screamed and started running back to my sister, who rushed out the doorway. "THEY'RE RELEASING DOVES!".

- "Lisa grew particularly close to my sisters. I didn't know there was friction in Michael's marriage until crisis phone-calls between Lisa, Mother, Janet and Rebbie. In the months that followed, Lisa reached out to my Mother and sisters".

- "I know I speak for Michael, La Toya, Janet and myself when I say we grew up with an almost neurotic fear of germs".

- "It was Janet who stood up and said respectfully that we were going large for Michael's memorial. Reguardless of what the people at the Kingdom Hall might think".

- "I think Janet, then four was the only person in America who could ever claim to have slept through a Jackson 5 concert".

- "My abiding memory of Janet in childhood is of this impeccable flower who could do no wrong in any of our eyes".

- "The name Janet Jackson stayed on peoples lips and we recognised our little sister was a fine actress".

- "Fans of Janet may remember she wore a key as an earring, that was for Lobo's cage".

- "Michael was always ringing Mother, Rebbie, and Janet disguising his voice and pretending to be someone else".

- "Over time, Randy and Janet got to know what the belt felt like".

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Michael, Janet, and Mariah are the three people that have kept Madonna pressed over the years. -_-

I think she was secretly bothered by Whitney too especially in the 80s. Whit was in her way of her "taking over the world" since she was so much stiff competition saleswise. :lol:

And lest we forget about the dream Madonna had about Whitney having the #1 spot on the charts while her song was sitting at #3. What fucking artist is dreaming about chart position?!!! Thats PRESSED if I've never seen it! :lmao::lmao::lmao:

The author of the thread. You might wanna change the title and let it be known its coming from Jermaine because folks may think this is just another stan rant and overlook this thread,like I almost did. :lol:

I :lmao::lmao: @ the Mike and Janet inside joke of them sitting at the table with her making that loud,weird noise and Michael laughing his head off. I can visualize it. :lol:

I thought that was the most adorable thing :lmao: :lmao:

I absolutely LOVE hearing stories about their interaction with each other because it just shows that much more of how "normal" they were not only as siblings but just as humans overall. Who would ever picture "Janet Jackson" doin something like that? Thats why i love those kind of stories.

I absolutely LOVE hearing stories about their interaction with each other because it just shows that much more of how "normal" they were not only as siblings but just as humans overall. Who would ever picture "Janet Jackson" doin something like that? Thats why i love those kind of stories.

Cosign with this, entirely. Even when they work together they are still just as silly. Remember the Behind the Scenes of the "Scream", video? Oh my, I about died watching them two play together. Just like big kids. I love them both to death :wub:

I think she was secretly bothered by Whitney too especially in the 80s. Whit was in her way of her "taking over the world" since she was so much stiff competition saleswise. :lol:

And lest we forget about the dream Madonna had about Whitney having the #1 spot on the charts while her song was sitting at #3. What fucking artist is dreaming about chart position?!!! Thats PRESSED if I've never seen it! :lmao::lmao::lmao:

A Whitney stan told me Whitney read Madonna backstage at the '87 or '88 AMAs to the point where Madonna started crying. :lol: And Whitney was giving everyone hell. She did close to 50 million albums off her debut and the follow up alone. Whereas Madonna released 4 studio albums and two others to only sell about 76mil.

Madonna was pressed in the 90s up until ROL. That's when she started to refuel her ego.

A Whitney stan told me Whitney read Madonna backstage at the '87 or '88 AMAs to the point where Madonna started crying. :lol: And Whitney was giving everyone hell. She did close to 50 million albums off her debut and the follow up alone. Whereas Madonna released 4 studio albums and two others to only sell about 76mil.

Madonna was pressed in the 90s up until ROL. That's when she started to refuel her ego.

THE.FUCK?!! Didnt see that one coming :lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

i remember reading an article that took place in the late 80's and Whitney basically bashed the hell out of Madonna. Saying that if she ever met her that she would 'punch' her. Whitney was not a fan.

THE.FUCK?!! Didnt see that one coming :lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

Whitney had all the girls fooled in the 80s with that "girl-next-door" persona.

i remember reading an article that took place in the late 80's and Whitney basically bashed the hell out of Madonna. Saying that if she ever met her that she would 'punch' her. Whitney was not a fan.

Welp :lmao:

Archived