The Australian Tour Thread

cnd

What a night, what an extraordinary night; up-close and personal, literally.

Let me start off by saying that to see Janet at a venue such as the Opera House is truly a privilege, especially for this being my very first Janet concert. I've been to hundreds of shows in various venues over the years and the Opera House is in its own league. You couldn't ask for a better venue to experience someone of Janet's magnitude and status.

The crowd was unbelievable. I've never seen such a happy and enthusiastic crowd in all my concert going years. They played 'Moves Like Jagger' prior to the show and just like the video that was posted here the crowd practically blew the roof off again. I've never experienced something like that before. The atmosphere was truly electrifying and insane. It's also great to see that Janet's Sydney fan-base is truly a mixed bag - almost every demographic was present tonight. But the majority of attendees were in their 20s/30s and early 40s.

Once the show got underway I couldn't believe my eyes; there she was in all her beautiful glory. :tear: She is tiny in person and stunning beyond words. She was on fire tonight, didn't miss a step and had the crowd in the palm of her hand. She clearly loves Sydney and Sydney loves her. :wub: The ballad medley was beautiful. The crowd was so quiet during her set, you could hear a pin drop. 'Nothing' is truly special live. Once 'Come Back To Me' kicked in, the crowd went wild. And 'Again' brought an even bigger reaction. Even though it was a seated concert, everyone was on their feet practically the entire time. 'Together Again' was a wonderful moment, especially when she finished it and said, "Justice was good today, y'all" and then proceeded to raise her hand in the air. :tear:

Once the show finished, I knew I had to stick around and see if I could see Janet leaving the venue. I had a hunch. And sure enough, that hunch became a reality. I was expecting to see her car and maybe a glimpse of her through the window. After 30 minutes of waiting, her car slowly left the undercover garage and there it happened; she rolled down the window and proceeded to stick half her body out the window! :excited: I was a foot away. :excited: She touched my hand, thanked us and said she loved us. :wub: She did this for a few minutes and her videographer was filming it all. She is absolutely beautiful in person. She looks like a doll - so youthful and there is a glow to her. :wub: Pictures and screens do not do her justice at all. :wub: Seeing her this close will forever be etched in my memory. :wub: At this point it started to get crazy and people were beginning to act like fools by brushing up to her car and security began to intervene. She then got inside, rolled up the window, waved one last time and slowly exited the complex.

As I was leaving I had to stop for a second because I couldn't comprehend what had actually happened. I said to myself, "I saw Janet". but it didn't sink in until a few minutes later. :lol: It still feels very surreal and almost like a dream. I'm on such a high right now. I think it'll be a very long time before I come down. :lol: Anyway, sorry for rambling on.

I'm soooooooooooooooo happy you finally got see the QUEEN.... :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

• Replies 578
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Let me start off by saying that to see Janet at a venue such as the Opera House is truly a privilege, especially for this being my very first Janet concert. I've been to hundreds of shows in various venues over the years and the Opera House is in its own league. You couldn't ask for a better venue to experience someone of Janet's magnitude and status.

The crowd was unbelievable. I've never seen such a happy and enthusiastic crowd in all my concert going years. They played 'Moves Like Jagger' prior to the show and just like the video that was posted here the crowd practically blew the roof off again. I've never experienced something like that before. The atmosphere was truly electrifying and insane. It's also great to see that Janet's Sydney fan-base is truly a mixed bag - almost every demographic was present tonight. But the majority of attendees were in their 20s/30s and early 40s.

Once the show got underway I couldn't believe my eyes; there she was in all her beautiful glory. :tear: She is tiny in person and stunning beyond words. She was on fire tonight, didn't miss a step and had the crowd in the palm of her hand. She clearly loves Sydney and Sydney loves her. :wub: The ballad medley was beautiful. The crowd was so quiet during her set, you could hear a pin drop. 'Nothing' is truly special live. Once 'Come Back To Me' kicked in, the crowd went wild. And 'Again' brought an even bigger reaction. Even though it was a seated concert, everyone was on their feet practically the entire time. 'Together Again' was a wonderful moment, especially when she finished it and said, "Justice was good today, y'all" and then proceeded to raise her hand in the air. :tear:

Once the show finished, I knew I had to stick around and see if I could see Janet leaving the venue. I had a hunch. And sure enough, that hunch became a reality. I was expecting to see her car and maybe a glimpse of her through the window. After 30 minutes of waiting, her car slowly left the undercover garage and there it happened; she rolled down the window and proceeded to stick half her body out the window! :excited: I was a foot away. :excited: She touched my hand, thanked us and said she loved us. :wub: She did this for a few minutes and her videographer was filming it all. She is absolutely beautiful in person. She looks like a doll - so youthful and there is a glow to her. :wub: Pictures and screens do not do her justice at all. :wub: Seeing her this close will forever be etched in my memory. :wub: At this point it started to get crazy and people were beginning to act like fools by brushing up to her car and security began to intervene. She then got inside, rolled up the window, waved one last time and slowly exited the complex.

As I was leaving I had to stop for a second because I couldn't comprehend what had actually happened. I said to myself, "I saw Janet". but it didn't sink in until a few minutes later. :lol: It still feels very surreal and almost like a dream. I'm on such a high right now. I think it'll be a very long time before I come down. :lol: Anyway, sorry for rambling on.

Amazing review..so glad you got to touch her

Once the show got underway I couldn't believe my eyes; there she was in all her beautiful glory. :tear: She is tiny in person and stunning beyond words. She was on fire tonight, didn't miss a step and had the crowd in the palm of her hand. She clearly loves Sydney and Sydney loves her. :wub: The ballad medley was beautiful. The crowd was so quiet during her set, you could hear a pin drop. 'Nothing' is truly special live. Once 'Come Back To Me' kicked in, the crowd went wild. And 'Again' brought an even bigger reaction. Even though it was a seated concert, everyone was on their feet practically the entire time. 'Together Again' was a wonderful moment, especially when she finished it and said, "Justice was good today" and then proceeded to raise her hand in the air. :tear:

Awwww! :tear: :tear: Congratulations sweetheart!! :wub: So happy you were at last able to see her live and also had such a beautiful time. :wub: You and every Aussie fan. You guys deserve it more than anyone else :wub::cheer:

I really hate when people do that, as I've expressed in the past multiple times. Like, we know what you're responding to, why quote it and elongate the page? :lol:

u asking me questions that i dont have the answers to

not everyone is operating with a full deck on here

:clapping::clapping::clapping:

Archived