The Australian Tour Thread

cnd

• Replies 578
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If Janet had cancelled on one of the shows I went to, would I be mad? Yea. Would be mad that I found out two hours before the show after I traveled? Hell yea. Would I think about suing or something like that? Hell no. That's always the risk you take when you purchase a ticket. I was mad as hell when I went to a Maxwell concert and his voice was hoarse as all hell. I'd rather he had rescheduled and sang it better, than for me to see him half ass it. Hell, I was mad for paying altogether, which is why I rarely speak of that particular concert, and I've gone to three of his tours. I damn sure wasn't on his facebook bitching and moaning nor was I wishing him death threats. No concert is that deep.

And I hope for Con's sake, the concert is not rescheduled. It's a great show, and for the most part there have been few miscues with the tour. It's silly to think that's she's backing out because she doesn't want to do those shows. If she didn't want to do those shows, she wouldn't have booked them.

I heard she can't reschedule because that place is booked for the rest of the month..

I heard she can't reschedule because that place is booked for the rest of the month..

There's always next month.

These few miscues are tolerable. But, she really needs to finish this tour strongly. It's been awhile since she completed a full world tour, and I'd really like to see her to do that, as the fans that stuck by her deserve that. For the most part, she's been completely professional.

There's always next month.

These few miscues are tolerable. But, she really needs to finish this tour strongly. It's been awhile since she completed a full world tour, and I'd really like to see her to do that, as the fans that stuck by her deserve that. For the most part, she's been completely professional.

Isn't she doing a movie in Dec?

The last show is the 5th and she postponed a show that didn't go on sale yet for Dec 9...

You're capable of doing way to much for something that doesn't affect you at all..

Well excuse the fuck outta me for being empathetic. :mellow: And it effects EVERYONE.

Also, this is the second time within 10 posts that I noticed that you used the wrong form of "too". The first time I just assumed it was a typo, but you did it again. :mellow:

Well excuse the fuck outta me for being empathetic. :mellow: And it effects EVERYONE.

Also, this is the second time within 10 posts that I noticed that you used the wrong form of "too". The first time I just assumed it was a typo, but you did it again. :mellow:

Should I present your ass with an award or buy you a cookie?

And please explain how her cancelling a show that you're not going to affects you???

Don't get me wrong; if I traveled to Australia and that ish was cancelled at the last minute, yea, I'd be VERY upset. I'd be even more mad if it wasn't rescheduled (which I think is what she should do). But at the same time, I know that's what my ass gets for spending all that money on a concert. I think that's why I refuse to travel for just a concert :lol: I will spend hundreds of dollars to see you in my local city or something else close by.

I don't think that's fair. I've shelled out big bucks for concerts and the last thing I'd ever do with my ticket is read the fine print on it. It's hard to word this without "bashing" Janet on her board, but this simply isn't good enough. When you spend your hard-earned dollars on concert tickets, new clothes, babysitters, meals, cab fares and merchandise you should not be left with a 50/50 chance she may actually show up. I honestly think these postponements and cancellations have become somewhat easier to make because the fans don't cause a big enough uproar.

Should I present your ass with an award or buy you a cookie?

And please explain how her cancelling a show that you're not going to affects you???

No need. The award was you recognizing your typo, and being cognizant of the next time you use the word to use the proper spelling.

And it doesn't EFFECT just me, it EFFECTS us all. Regardless of whether some of you want to admit it, we all want Janet to have another successful album so that we as fans don't have to continue to reach back to 2001 to brag about success that was a decade ago. The tour is a tool to rebuild Janet's name internationally. That ensures interest in Janet, more exposure [worldwide] for the next project, and hopefully a successful project. If she doesn't build that hype, interest is lost, the purpose of the tour is defeated, and we're right back to 2008.

See how I developed a clear thought? Let's see if you're capable of the same, instead of being predictable by posting two/three mellow faces like you usually do. :)

I don't think that's fair. I've shelled out big bucks for concerts and the last thing I'd ever do with my ticket is read the fine print on it. It's hard to word this without "bashing" Janet on her board, but this simply isn't good enough. When you spend your hard-earned dollars on concert tickets, new clothes, babysitters, meals, cab fares and merchandise you should not be left with a 50/50 chance she may actually show up. I honestly think these postponements and cancellations have become somewhat easier to make because the fans don't cause a big enough uproar.

I ALWAYS read the fine print, because I don't trust business dealings these days :lol: . Nothing in life is ever certain. I've spent close to $1,000 on Janet to support her tour this year, and yea I'd be pissed as hell if she cancelled on me. With that said, I know in the back of my mind, that I run that risk and I spend some of my hard earned money. I think it's because I'm skeptical about a LOT of things, not just concerts. And I would say that the chances are more than 50/50 as she has attended most of her concerts.

With that said, I don't like that people find out at the last minute. It was the same thing with the last tour. Nobody wants to take the time to get to a venue early, only to find out it's cancelled. I don't know who her people are, but they should get that in order because that seems to be a recurring theme.

I ALWAYS read the fine print, because I don't trust business dealings these days :lol: . Nothing in life is ever certain. I've spent close to $1,000 on Janet to support her tour this year, and yea I'd be pissed as hell if she cancelled on me. With that said, I know in the back of my mind, that I run that risk and I spend some of my hard earned money. I think it's because I'm skeptical about a LOT of things, not just concerts. And I would say that the chances are more than 50/50 as she has attended most of her concerts.

With that said, I don't like that people find out at the last minute. It was the same thing with the last tour. Nobody wants to take the time to get to a venue early, only to find out it's cancelled. I don't know who her people are, but they should get that in order because that seems to be a recurring theme.

It's just a risk you shouldn't have to take. 50/50 is a fair assumption given that instances like these date all the way back to the janet. tour. And yeah, it's definitely the timing aspect that makes this as bad as it is. It makes her and her team look unprofessional and I fear she will never tour Australia again because of it.

It's just a risk you shouldn't have to take. 50/50 is a fair assumption given that instances like these date all the way back to the janet. tour. And yeah, it's definitely the timing aspect that makes this as bad as it is. It makes her and her team look unprofessional and I fear she will never tour Australia again because of it.

You shouldn't have to take this risk, but you do. It's unfortunate, but it happens more than what I would like with artists. I think in this instance, I'm a bit more sympathetic because it's a result of the things culminating with Michael's case. I know a lot of people were expecting some kind of verdict and now people on the news are simply going over the details and rehashing the case because everyone's on pins and needles about the result. If this had been the vertigo issue, I'd have been more critical :lol:

Janet has to take this one on the chin and keep it moving and finish Australia. If she were to start cancelling the remainder of her dates there, I'd be REALLY disappointed and she would have squandered a golden opportunity. She needs to ride it out and finish strong, imo.

Don't lose hope. She was cancelling last minute in the US too with her last tour (I believe it was in the South), and she still came back.

No need. The award was you recognizing your typo, and being cognizant of the next time you use the word to use the proper spelling.

And it doesn't EFFECT just me, it EFFECTS us all. Regardless of whether some of you want to admit it, we all want Janet to have another successful album so that we as fans don't have to continue to reach back to 2001 to brag about success that was a decade ago. The tour is a tool to rebuild Janet's name internationally. That ensures interest in Janet, more exposure [worldwide] for the next project, and hopefully a successful project. If she doesn't build that hype, interest is lost, the purpose of the tour is defeated, and we're right back to 2008.

See how I developed a clear thought? Let's see if you're capable of the same, instead of being predictable by posting two/three mellow faces like you usually do. :)

One postponement and one cancellation is not going to hurt her in the long run.. Sure there will be a few people upset but if you're really a fan, you will get over it.. Just look at the 3 shows combined into one.. Not one negative review and judging by the videos they had a good time..

I use :mellow::blink::sigh: because I can't believe some of the dumb shit that people say on here..

Janet Jackson: Rod Laver Arena Review

art-jackson-420x0.jpg

Janet Jackson was one of the most successful recording artists of the '90s. Her latest tour is a walloping reminder of just how many hits she's produced, jamming 30-odd chart-topping singles into two hours.

Now 45, Jackson has the body, if not the face, of a woman her age. Strong, but curvier than at her midriff-baring prime, on Thursday night Jackson moved like someone 20 years her junior, making her backup dancers look like adoring apprentices beside their fleet-footed mistress.

In white rhinestone-studded jacket and tight black jeans, Jackson's moves were spectacle enough without any costume changes, pyrotechnics or elaborate sets and her tremulous mezzo-soprano was recording-quality for the duration, more than atoning for the lip-syncing of past tours.

She spat out her hits in relentless, emphatic succession, with early dance tracks such as What Have You Done For Me Lately and Rhythm Nation as well received as a string of sit-down ballads, including Come Back To Me and Let's Wait Awhile.

Nods to her brother Michael were inevitable, first when he was beamed in on the big screens for their explosive Scream duet and latterly in her encore, where Together Again played to a montage of images of the pair as children.

It was a touching tribute, but if Thursday's show proved anything, it's that Jackson's trailblazing talent - she still dances circles around Beyonce and Britney - deserves to be celebrated in its own right.

One postponement and one cancellation is not going to hurt her in the long run.. Sure there will be a few people upset but if you're really a fan, you will get over it.. Just look at the 3 shows combined into one.. Not one negative review and judging by the videos they had a good time..

I use :mellow::blink::sigh: because I can't believe some of the dumb shit that people say on here..

Right, just like the last tour. :rolleyes: You don't know what it will do.

And it's a stupid, and incomplete, response.

Right, just like the last tour. :rolleyes: You don't know what it will do.

And it's a stupid, and incomplete, response.

And that's why I'm not assuming shit unlike yourself..

And the last tour had more than a few cancellations/postponement and people still came out for this tour...

Ok, I havent finished reading this, but Ms Angie has a point... that is the risk you take in purchasing a ticket

even tho its ur fav, its a business transaction, and there are terms and conditions that go along with purchasing a ticket...and the risk of cancellation is also prevalent

so u gotta ask urself...is your fave worth all that money

I think the problem in this case is that people arent buying the illness thing, and it looks more like a cop-out or something else going on

ORRRRR

if she really is sick, they dont care

theyre not happy about it

Another point I'd like to make.....Janet needs a new team

the PR side is poor and VERY unprofessional

- The MJ thing was handled badly

- This was handled EXTREMELY POORLY

and some of the tweets ive seen coming from Janet's team.....very poor....it just pisses off people even more

the best thing to do is acknowledge people's grievances and say you'r really sorry, not "oh well, life goes on"

Archived