The Australian Tour Thread

cnd

i think she should reschedule too

BUT

as connifer told me, next stop is south africa

so theres not much time

and she wont come back just for one more show...too much money etc

I knew why she wouldn't/couldn't reschedule. I just wish it was an option for them. But yes, with SA RIGHT around the corner from this, that isn't an option for her.

• Replies 578
  • Created
  • Last Reply

She's flying back and forth between countries, dealing with a family issue, and trying to perform. I can see how she might get sick. To be fair, Janet hasn't cancelled ANY dates up until this point all year long. And she's been on tour since the start of 2011. I say all this to point out the fact that she has conducted herself like NOTHING but a true professional. If her doctor has advised her not to perform, she needs to honor their request. Fans forget that this woman is a human being first.

Janet Jackson cancels Sydney concert

Janet Jackson was forced to cancel her second Sydney concert at short notice on Sunday night.

A statement released only minutes before the concert was scheduled to begin, announced that the second Sydney date had been cancelled under doctor's orders, in the interests of ensuring Jackson completes her final Australian tour appearance on Tuesday night.

The statement announced "it is with regret that Dainty Group announces that tonight's Janet Jackson Number Ones: Up Close and Personal concert, at the Sydney Opera House, cannot proceed.

Advertisement: Story continues below

"Doctors have ordered Miss Jackson to undertake vocal rest for the next 2 days, so she can complete the 3rd and final show of her Australian tour, this Tuesday night at the Sydney Opera House.

"Unfortunately, there will not be a replacement concert scheduled, so all patrons will receive a full refund at the Sydney Opera House Box office tonight or from the point of purchase."

Jackson only arrived back in the country on Wednesday, after interupting the tour to be at home with her family during Dr Conrad Murray's trial for involuntary manslaughter regarding her brother Michael Jackson's death.

Though early reports from attendees indicated Jackson's first Sydney concert, held on Saturday night, had been affected by complications, the promoters have stated that the show's late start was due to traffic delays hampering audience arrivals, and that Jackson performed the full concert as planned, including two encores.

art-353-janet-200x0.jpg

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/entertainment/music/janet-jackson-cancels-sydney-concert-20111106-1n1xx.html#ixzz1cx7IWwFJ

It maybe more serious than that..because if it was only vocal ..she could have just mimed the whole show and not talk at all or less ..it not like anybody will notice

But she is singing, even when the sound switches to playback vocals. TTWLG in Holmdel is proof of this.

I don't think anyone is trying to say that no one has a right to be upset. You're all going from one extreme to another. I'd be furious if my show got canceled in that manner...but you also have to think about what's best for her too. If I travel and my show gets canceled I will be devastated but some people are doing absolutely too fuckin' much. And I'm pretty sure if it was just a need for "vocal rest" than this wouldn't be an issue. Let's get our heads out of our asses for a moment and admit to ourselves that we DON'T know the real reason for this, we just know the blanket term "vocal rest" that they used. :lmao: @ any of you thinking they're giving us full disclosure regarding this. You're an idiot if you think she canceled a show because she has a scratchy throat. Come on.

Really think it's a horrible decision to not reschedule it though. Even then it'd still put many, many people out, I'm sure.

But she is singing, even when the sound switches to playback vocals. TTWLG in Holmdel is proof of this.

THANK.YOU.!!!!!!! I think majority of the songs live, and I say this as someone who was upclose for the last show I was at, it was almost like when she was live she was making it obvious.

I don't think anyone is trying to say that no one has a right to be upset. You're all going from one extreme to another. I'd be furious if my show got canceled in that manner...but you also have to think about what's best for her too. If I travel and my show gets canceled I will be devastated but some people are doing absolutely too fuckin' much. And I'm pretty sure if it was just a need for "vocal rest" than this wouldn't be an issue. Let's get our heads out of our asses for a moment and admit to ourselves that we DON'T know the real reason for this, we just know the blanket term "vocal rest" that they used. :lmao: @ any of you thinking they're giving us full disclosure regarding this. You're an idiot if you think she canceled a show because she has a scratchy throat. Come on.

Really think it's a horrible decision to not reschedule it though. Even then it'd still put many, many people out, I'm sure.

:clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

I swear I can't tell when Janet is lipping and when she's singing live. I don't know how some of you do it. Everything looked genuine to me the other night.

The worst thing about this situation is the timing. If it was vocal rest then there's no reason to announce it that late, doctor's orders or not. Leaving it to within a couple hours of showtime to see if you're feeling up for it is a stupid risk to take. And if it's not vocal rest then don't bullshit with such a weak excuse. That term would just piss me off more. I read that people in the VIP section had to leave immediately if they wanted their refund.

then whyd u get all narky with ur "u do know all the mods ignore u"

u were trying to sting

dont deny it

I was being sassy. :rolleyes:

I swear I can't tell when Janet is lipping and when she's singing live. I don't know how some of you do it. Everything looked genuine to me the other night.

The worst thing about this situation is the timing. If it was vocal rest then there's no reason to announce it that late, doctor's orders or not. Leaving it to within a couple hours of showtime to see if you're feeling up for it is a stupid risk to take. And if it's not vocal rest then don't bullshit with such a weak excuse. That term would just piss me off more. I read that people in the VIP section had to leave immediately if they wanted their refund.

I was being sassy. :rolleyes:

nice response

and im not here for your sassiness coffee.gif

i dont even how u could even read it

it will be a mess

and watch...they wont come for u

because we all kno they love to lick ur ass

And it's like clockwork withs some of these people. Janet's health is important, but let's not act like it's the ONLY thing that matters. People have lost money and lost faith in Janet. Once again, rescheduling AND canceling dates on the SAME leg is ridiculous. People here can have no empathy.

No I wouldn't... :umm:

I can't prove this because she never canceled on me

I know how you'd people react. I read your posts.

She started singing because the track wasn't playing. :lmao:

If Janet had cancelled on one of the shows I went to, would I be mad? Yea. Would be mad that I found out two hours before the show after I traveled? Hell yea. Would I think about suing or something like that? Hell no. That's always the risk you take when you purchase a ticket. I was mad as hell when I went to a Maxwell concert and his voice was hoarse as all hell. I'd rather he had rescheduled and sang it better, than for me to see him half ass it. Hell, I was mad for paying altogether, which is why I rarely speak of that particular concert, and I've gone to three of his tours. I damn sure wasn't on his facebook bitching and moaning nor was I wishing him death threats. No concert is that deep.

And I hope for Con's sake, the concert is not rescheduled. It's a great show, and for the most part there have been few miscues with the tour. It's silly to think that's she's backing out because she doesn't want to do those shows. If she didn't want to do those shows, she wouldn't have booked them.

If Janet had cancelled on one of the shows I went to, would I be mad? Yea. Would be mad that I found out two hours before the show after I traveled? Hell yea. Would I think about suing or something like that? Hell no. That's always the risk you take when you purchase a ticket. I was mad as hell when I went to a Maxwell concert and his voice was hoarse as all hell. I'd rather he had rescheduled and sang it better, than for me to see him half ass it. Hell, I was mad for paying altogether, which is why I rarely speak of that particular concert, and I've gone to three of his tours. I damn sure wasn't on his facebook bitching and moaning nor was I wishing him death threats. No concert is that deep.

And I hope for Con's sake, the concert is not rescheduled. It's a great show, and for the most part there have been few miscues with the tour. It's silly to think that's she's backing out because she doesn't want to do those shows. If she didn't want to do those shows, she wouldn't have booked them.

It's always the ones that are not attending the SHOW that got cancelled doing way to much..

P-R-E-A-C-H that TRUTH

P-R-E-A-C-H that TRUTH

Don't get me wrong; if I traveled to Australia and that ish was cancelled at the last minute, yea, I'd be VERY upset. I'd be even more mad if it wasn't rescheduled (which I think is what she should do). But at the same time, I know that's what my ass gets for spending all that money on a concert. I think that's why I refuse to travel for just a concert :lol: I will spend hundreds of dollars to see you in my local city or something else close by.

Archived