Jasmine Guy vs. Tisha Campbell

jarrylf

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Betta than Martin????? :blink:

Voodoo I never thought I'll see the day where you need to seek some professional help. :lol:

:rolleyes: x 10

Not only was A Different World funny, but it was also educational and it touched on alot of issues from AIDS to Domestic Violence. So yeah, I would say it was a better show than Martin. :rolleyes:

OMG COME ON YOU 2

They were both GREAT shows, and 2 entirely different shows (that deserved more seasons than they got :filenails: , but thats not the point).

They both are very good shows and opend the doors to alot of black actors & entertainers

I dont mind the arguing over Whitley vs. Gina, I think thats interesting but lets not on the shows in general

but character wise I like Gina more than Whitley, Whitley ma girl and she's funny as hell and Jasmine did a damn good job playing her, but Gina was more home girl and funny and tuff.

But like I keep saying I LOVE EM BOTH SO DAMN MUCH LOL

OMG COME ON YOU 2

They were both GREAT shows, and 2 entirely different shows (that deserved more seasons than they got :filenails: , but thats not the point).

They both are very good shows and opend the doors to alot of black actors & entertainers

I love Martin, but I just feel like 'A Different World' was a better show. :rolleyes:

I honestly could never choose between the shows, both represented something different to me. Like Martin just..........all the comedians, characters, guest stars, but that goes for ADW too. But like I said their 2 different to be compared to me.

(that was a powerful episode of ADW when Tisha was on there and she had aids)

For vocals, Tisha.

For dancing they were equal.

For acting, Tisha is actually the better actress of the two. But Whitley Gilbert is ICONIC!!!! :excited:

And as much as I love Martin, A different world was a better show by leaps and bounds. It actually got better with each season except the last. Martin had run its course by the end of season 2. Jasmine Guy should have an Emmy on her mantel for the character she basically created. Its hard to play a character that everyone hates. But to turn that same hated character around and make the audience love them and become the star of the show at the same time takes true talent. Jasmine Guy did that. :clapping:

For vocals, Tisha.

For dancing they were equal.

For acting, Tisha is actually the better actress of the two. But Whitley Gilbert is ICONIC!!!! :excited:

And as much as I love Martin, A different world was a better show by leaps and bounds. It actually got better with each season except the last. Martin had run its course by the end of season 2. Jasmine Guy should have an Emmy on her mantel for the character she basically created. Its hard to play a character that everyone hates. But to turn that same hated character around and make the audience love them and become the star of the show at the same time takes true talent. Jasmine Guy did that. :clapping:

Preach!!! Let them know boo. :thumbup:

Not only was A Different World funny, but it was also educational and it touched on alot of issues from AIDS to Domestic Violence. So yeah, I would say it was a better show than Martin. :rolleyes:

Well it depends on what you're looking for in a sitcom. They are completely two different type of sitcoms. Different World was more conscience heavy while Martin was reminiscent of everyday ppl you know around the way with the many different characters he brought forth. So I cant use the term "better" because they have two different point-of-views which caters to one but maybe not the other.

My favorite Jasmine Guy scene HANDS DOWNNNNN When I saw this I was 1 of those people like in the studio audience going WOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH lol.

http://youtu.be/FFo6pEALRKw?t=2m23s

My Favorite Tisha Campbell scene HANDS DOWN from Martin. This is sexy as hell to me, I love when a women will fight a bitch who try's to step to her man lol,"NO BITCH I WANT YOU" GO TISHA

http://youtu.be/KPiqZsbtfiI?t=2m45s

thats my fav different world episode...lol diane caroll "die just die"...lmao

Well it depends on what you're looking for in a sitcom. They are completely two different type of sitcoms. Different World was more conscience heavy while Martin was reminiscent of everyday ppl you know around the way with the many different characters he brought forth. So I cant use the term "better" because they have two different point-of-views which caters to one but maybe not the other.

thats why I said that 'A Different World' was a better show to me. I wasnt taking anything away from Martin, it was a great show too. shit! :rolleyes:

:clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

THANK YOU, thats what Im saying its 2 VERY different types of shows. The 1 common ground is the humor that was great on both ends.

I honestly havent seen that Love Me Down video I posted in like 2 years, TISHA IS A GOOOD DANCER, I wasnt tooooo impressed with her dancing in Push, like I love it and she did the damn thing, but.............LOVE ME DOWN, SHE GOT DOWN IN THAT WATER, she was stepppin.

lol that was actually jasmine's real hair...tisha's not so much...lol

Jasmines hair is still soooo beautiful, yea the only times she wore weaves on there was when they performed the 2 songs

Tisha is bitter about that hair, cause the person who bleached it never bleached relaxed hair, and the weave they used wasnt really quality hair so she said it was shedding towards the end lol and then when they were done, all her hair fell out because of that bleach so she said at the premiere her hair was like 2 inches long lol.

(I do hair so you know I keep up wit this) lol

i agree with voodoo a different world was a better show than martin...still liked them both but sometimes martin had those very annoying shows where the comedy was just a lil too much...also with martin the further they got in the show the less interesting it got especially towards the end after their little incident...tisha and martin were never in the same episodes not even the last episode

a different world got better after season one and continued throughout

:clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

THANK YOU, thats what Im saying its 2 VERY different types of shows. The 1 common ground is the humor that was great on both ends.

Thats why Different World didn't appeal to me as much because it wasn't a "falling out of ur seat with laughter" type of sitcom and not to mention I was very young..so the heavy topics/issues I couldn't fully understand or appreciate the way I can now. It just wasn't enough "funny" incorporated imo but I DO understand that different shows serve their purpose.

Like with music for example ...sometimes you just want to dance and all you need is a song with a good beat/rhythm to shake yo ass to and may not care about tryna hear "a message" in a song like a "Rhythm Nation". You know what I mean...?

she was great on that show. Patti did her thang too as Dwaynes mom. I remember the Lena Horne episode, that was pretty dope too.

yes i love all the patti and diane episodes...lol aww i wish they had a different world on netflix

Jasmines hair is still soooo beautiful, yea the only times she wore weaves on there was when they performed the 2 songs

Tisha is bitter about that hair, cause the person who bleached it never bleached relaxed hair, and the weave they used wasnt really quality hair so she said it was shedding towards the end lol and then when they were done, all her hair fell out because of that bleach so she said at the premiere her hair was like 2 inches long lol.

(I do hair so you know I keep up wit this) lol

dang...i still love tisha though...she is so funny, i know back in the day she, jasmine, and jada were the besties

I honestly havent seen that Love Me Down video I posted in like 2 years, TISHA IS A GOOOD DANCER, I wasnt tooooo impressed with her dancing in Push, like I love it and she did the damn thing, but.............LOVE ME DOWN, SHE GOT DOWN IN THAT WATER, she was stepppin.

Thats the one that gave me Paula Abdul for some reason ... :lmao:

Tisha's a talented bitch ..fuck wutcha heard! :excited:

Archived