Jasmine Guy vs. Tisha Campbell

jarrylf

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

YEA I love

JUST DIE LOL on the wedding clip, and I love Dwaynes "BABY PLEASE!!!!" WOOO that was like WOW, I remember being very little and seeing that and thinking "wooa.....thats love" lol

Yea Patti played that fuckin part lol, my fave scene wit Patti & Diahn was the flower fight lol, thats the 1 that started it all lol.

And I can definately relate to being too young to either understand or care about the issues a Different world dealt with, hell I would've hands down picked Martin when I was a kid lol. But I still loved ADW, but I didnt appreciate it until I got to high school but Martin has always been a must for me but I do agree that last season in particular was LACKING, big time, and I do wish they could've got it together and worked it out and made a better season. But it is what it is, both shows got 6 great seasons

i agree with voodoo a different world was a better show than martin...still liked them both but sometimes martin had those very annoying shows where the comedy was just a lil too much...also with martin the further they got in the show the less interesting it got especially towards the end after their little incident...tisha and martin were never in the same episodes not even the last episode

a different world got better after season one and continued throughout

So did Martin ..ya'll make it sound like the comedy. I dont know what yall was watching but Martin got funnier with each season. The very last season wasnt as great because of the whole Martin and Tisha campbell being shot separately because of the whole drama/legal shit between them.

Speaking of which..I wonder has Tisha and Martin spoke since then.

i agree with voodoo a different world was a better show than martin...still liked them both but sometimes martin had those very annoying shows where the comedy was just a lil too much...also with martin the further they got in the show the less interesting it got especially towards the end after their little incident...tisha and martin were never in the same episodes not even the last episode

He would sometimes go to far with the physical comedy when he should have been focused on the writing. The first season was a well written show about male/female roles in relationships. Starting from season two forward he was doing way to much physical comedy and sometimes it bordered on cooning. I mean, living single was beating martin in the ratings after like two months. And martin was the lead in. That should tell you that Martin did not get better over time.

its funny because when I was a young thing, Lisa Bonet was my gurl and I was sooo excited to hear that she was getting her own show...its a damn shame that after she left the show got better and better :lol: and that was because of Whitley Gilbert.

Thats the one that gave me Paula Abdul for some reason ... :lmao:

Tisha's a talented bitch ..fuck wutcha heard! :excited:

OMG I WAS SOOOO THINKIN PAULA & Control Janet too lol.

Shit you know I know she's talented

Thats what makes this hard for me, I think the acting part is the hard 1 for me, but singing I think that goes hands down to Tisha, NOW after fully watching Love Me Down, it might be a tie for the dancing, cause tho Jasmine's more flexible and has more Broadway technique, Tisha can REALLY step. IDK............I might still have to give that to Jasmine cause Jasmine can get down too.

See thats the whole point of this thread lol, wanted to compare the 2 and see what yall thought lol

So did Martin ..ya'll make it sound like the comedy. I dont know what yall was watching but Martin got funnier with each season. The very last season wasnt as great because of the whole Martin and Tisha campbell being shot separately because of the whole drama/legal shit between them.

Speaking of which..I wonder has Tisha and Martin spoke since then.

some people like stupid comedy some dont...like i said at times it was just a little too much

He would sometimes go to far with the physical comedy when he should have been focused on the writing. The first season was a well written show about male/female roles in relationships. Starting from season two forward he was doing way to much physical comedy and sometimes it bordered on cooning. I mean, living single was beating martin in the ratings after like two months. And martin was the lead in. That should tell you that Martin did not get better over time.

i know alot of people who felt like that. >_<

i remember they came on thursday nights back to back...CHURCH night <_< sometimes i would play sick so i could stay home and watch...i remember my mom letting me call in to vote that martin should apologize to gina when they broke up over that butt statue...it was a recording but i thought it was the real him...lol

its funny because when I was a young thing, Lisa Bonet was my gurl and I was sooo excited to hear that she was getting her own show...its a damn shame that after she left the show got better and better :lol: and that was because of Whitley Gilbert.

lol i couldnt believe when i heard her real voice...lol so different she said she just went in the audition room and thats how her voice came out and they loved it...lol...oh and let us not forget charmaine tiesha brown her and her beloved lance...lol

It also had to do a lot with the writers. After season one Debbie Allen took over and hired BLACK writers and started taking trips to Howard and Spellman and Morehouse so that the cast could get a feel of a real HBCU. Ironically, when lisa went back to the cosby show, she gave the show some much needed life with her whole back from africa with a baby and husband drama! :asham:

Denise and Vanessa Huxtable were always my favorite stunts queens! :clapping:

lol i couldnt believe when i heard her real voice...lol so different she said she just went in the audition room and thats how her voice came out and they loved it...lol...oh and let us not forget charmaine tiesha brown her and her beloved lance...lol

OMG Yes!!! :lmao: I miss them days man. We just dont have shows like that anymore. -_- I was one of them people who wanted to go to college because of that show. I sooo wanted to hang out with Freddy and Lena and Kimberly and eat at The Pit. :wub::lol:

It also had to do a lot with the writers. After season one Debbie Allen took over and hired BLACK writers and started taking trips to Howard and Spellman and Morehouse so that the cast could get a feel of a real HBCU. Ironically, when lisa went back to the cosby show, she gave the show some much needed life with her whole back from africa with a baby and husband drama! :asham:

didnt know that. makes alot of sense now. im kinda glad Marissa Tomei dissappeared too, she was annoying and added nothing to the show. Lisa was definitely better off on The Cosby Show, we also got to meet Olivia because of it.

Vanessa was a hot mess. I used to stan for Claire Huxtable and that episode where Vanessa stayed out all night with Jeremy was one of my favs. :excited: Claire went off!

lol i hated denise and vanessa the most...i love the episodes where clair be going off on vanessa ass bout some damn robert...lol and sneeking off to vermont to see the rechit...lol

i didnt know that...i thought they just brought denise on to get the show started they never intended to keep here there...because when she went back to the cosby show she didnt go to africa right away

i didnt know that...i thought they just brought denise on to get the show started they never intended to keep here there...because when she went back to the cosby show she didnt go to africa right away

The real deal was, lisa got pregnant by Lenny. Bill was pissed and wouldn't write around it and refused to put a pregnant black teen on national tv. So he fired her. She was never supposed to leave ADW. Lisa threaten legal action against NBC and Bill so they hired her back to the cosby show, wrote her character off for 7 months and then brought her back for season 6. By then ADW had found its on groove and it was no need to bring lisa back to the show.

The real deal was, lisa got pregnant by Lenny. Bill was pissed and wouldn't write around it and refused to put a pregnant black teen on national tv. So he fired her. She was never supposed to leave ADW. Lisa threaten legal action against NBC and Bill so they hired her back to the cosby show, wrote her character off for 7 months and then brought her back for season 6. By then ADW had found its on groove and it was no need to bring lisa back to the show.

dang check you out...i have no idea why you just turned me on...lol j/k but wow didnt know that

OMG I LOVE CHARMAINE SOOOOO MUCH I knew so many girls who talked and acted like her growing up lol. ANd yea I felt funny abot that not being Jasmines real voice and about that not being Karen's real voice. But they both played those characters

Yea Lisa used to get on Bill's nerves before ADW.

Vanessa was hands down my least favorite kid, no competition there. lol

yep. definitely some deep shit that needed to be addressed.

Tisha & Jasmine both acted their asses off on that episode, they both gave great dramatic performances, especially Tisha, I wanted to hug her so damn bad when I 1st saw that, she sold me on that character lol.

bill did put a lot of pressure on them...rightfully so though, needed that still do...i know malcolm (theo) said thats what kept him out of trouble never wanted to disappoint mr. cosby...i know hes shooting for his new show to be like the cosby's....did anyone catch it?...i missed it

Archived