Is anyone watching the X-Factor USA?

Selz

I'm surprised I don't see a thread about it - I started watching when I heard the Stereo Hoggz did Rhythm Nation, and there's some really good acts in the show this year. I LOVE Astro and Marcus Canty. I loved the Hoggz too, just my type of band - I'm pissed that Paula pussied out and caused them to leave by default this week. :angry:

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The show does not necessarily match the hype but there potential and Simon realizes realistically that he might have to fight for the show to reach it.

Being that the show as picked up for another season, I feel sorry for the judge who mentors the groups, cuz the groups will be gone as soon as possible. Lakoda Rayne is gonna be the next to go.

and I'm #teammarcuscanty. I think he should ultimately win it. Only things is that he as a very church voice that might not fit into pop.

Oh they will - I like them but compared to the other acts they just don't cut it.

I don't like Chris Rene - don't know why but there's something about him that irks me.

*edit* True about Marcus but his rendition of I'm Going Down slayed IMO :yep:

Don't really care for Astro, but he definitely opened a lot of doors now that people know that this isn't exclusively a singing competition.

Are you not into hip-hop, or is it just him you don't like?

I remind myself to watch it, but always forget about it when it's on. Then I remind myself to watch it On Demand, but I end up watching something else when it go to On Demand. -_-

You'd have wanted to watch it this week, since Willow performed Fireball in the results show -_-

it's American Idol without Seacrest... and that's why people watch it...

that and the sob stories

Well yeah, that's why the Brits watch the UK one :lol: Your acts are a hundred times better than ours this year though. Misha B is the only one of ours who holds a candle to any of yours.

I have been watching since day 1 -- I actually auditioned for the show and made it to the stage 5 live auditions stage...there are so many things that happened that they didn't show or mention on the program. I'm basically watching to see what I need to do differently to advance further should I audition again... :)

HOWEVER, there are some REALLY quality acts in this competition! Marcus Canty is great, along with Melanie Amaro. I believe them two are my favorites, followed closely by Astro, Stacy Francis, Drew and the now eliminated Stereo Hoggz. I also like Leroy.

*Marcus Truly has it all...the guy can dance, he can blow, he can perform, and he's likeable.

*Astro is brilliant. Point blank. No doubt in my mind that this kid is going to be killin' it in the rap game in years to come.

*Melanie's voice is excellent. Powerful, pure, nothing forced. It's beautiful.

*Stacy tends to overdo it at times, but the chick is a powerhouse.

*Drew is in her own lane, I dig the soul-folk vibe she's on.

*Stereo Hoggz were the most polished legitimate looking act of the bunch. But, the lead singer (though very vocally gifted) was off...a LOT. And the fact that only he sings lead, it's a detriment to the group imo.

*Leroy Bell trips me out everytime I see him...he must have discovered the 'Fountain Of Youth' because he does NOT look 60. Either way, he's talented, and the most distinct of the remaining acts. He improves every week.

*Rachel Crow is a VERY talented vocalist, she KILLED it last week. However, she is not polished enough and she's not ready...in 5 years she'll slay.

I do NOT like that Josh Krajick cat, he looks like he doesn't shower, and he growls too much. I don't like Chris Rene...liked him at first, but he's gotten wacker and wacker progressively afterward. NOT talented enough to have made it this far in the competition. Lakoda Rayne is a manufactured group...and it DEFINITELY shows. The only thing they have going for them is that they are pretty...because only ONE of them can actually blow. InTENsity was absolutely the WACKEST idea ever. A 10 piece group of reject solo kid singers whom were manufactured by the judges. 8 of them can't even sing. And none of them jelled together well. The ONLY reason they made it that far was because the judges pieced them together. Had they been a legit group from the jump, they wouldn't have made it nearly as far.

I REALLY liked Teah Tolliver, in my opinion -- she was the woman who had it all. Crossover appeal, a unique and distinct look, a voice, stage presence and likeability. The ONLY thing wrong was that she sang in the wrong key at times, with a vocal coach she could have kicked that habit quickly. Dexter Haygood was a hoot :lol: I feel bad for the guy because he got nothing but female songs to sing. Beyoncé, Britney, Katy Perry? C'mon now, why give a 50 year olf male Funk singer songs by those artists? His performance of "Crazy In Love" DID slay though, it's the ONLY performance that I've actually downloaded :lmao:Simone Battle was cocky as hell, and though she could sing, she NEVER delivered when it mattered most. She has the looks to rival the top pop female singers out today, but she's gotta work on everything else. Philip Lomax sucked. And so did The Brewer Boys

Okay, I'm done here :yep:

DAMN Jevar :lmao: That was awesome :lol: I agree with a lot of it, I'm not sure about Drew though. I think I just don't like her general sound. Someone, I think it was LA, said Jay-Z has his eye on Astro already - that kid is going places. Rachel was awesome last time, her voice is amazing. How old is she cos she looks about 10? :lol: Something about her reminds me of Reyna >_<:lmao:

I thought the same thing about Stereo Hoggz when they were doing their save-me song - it was Trace's show and the other four were just back-up singers. I knew it wasn't gonna be enough to keep them in. -_-

I only started watching last week so I never saw the guys you mentioned in your last paragraph :lol:

I have been watching since day 1 -- I actually auditioned for the show and made it to the stage 5 live auditions stage...there are so many things that happened that they didn't show or mention on the program. I'm basically watching to see what I need to do differently to advance further should I audition again... :)

HOWEVER, there are some REALLY quality acts in this competition! Marcus Canty is great, along with Melanie Amaro. I believe them two are my favorites, followed closely by Astro, Stacy Francis, Drew and the now eliminated Stereo Hoggz. I also like Leroy.

*Marcus Truly has it all...the guy can dance, he can blow, he can perform, and he's likeable.

*Astro is brilliant. Point blank. No doubt in my mind that this kid is going to be killin' it in the rap game in years to come.

*Melanie's voice is excellent. Powerful, pure, nothing forced. It's beautiful.

*Stacy tends to overdo it at times, but the chick is a powerhouse.

*Drew is in her own lane, I dig the soul-folk vibe she's on.

*Stereo Hoggz were the most polished legitimate looking act of the bunch. But, the lead singer (though very vocally gifted) was off...a LOT. And the fact that only he sings lead, it's a detriment to the group imo.

*Leroy Bell trips me out everytime I see him...he must have discovered the 'Fountain Of Youth' because he does NOT look 60. Either way, he's talented, and the most distinct of the remaining acts. He improves every week.

*Rachel Crow is a VERY talented vocalist, she KILLED it last week. However, she is not polished enough and she's not ready...in 5 years she'll slay.

I do NOT like that Josh Krajick cat, he looks like he doesn't shower, and he growls too much. I don't like Chris Rene...liked him at first, but he's gotten wacker and wacker progressively afterward. NOT talented enough to have made it this far in the competition. Lakoda Rayne is a manufactured group...and it DEFINITELY shows. The only thing they have going for them is that they are pretty...because only ONE of them can actually blow. InTENsity was absolutely the WACKEST idea ever. A 10 piece group of reject solo kid singers whom were manufactured by the judges. 8 of them can't even sing. And none of them jelled together well. The ONLY reason they made it that far was because the judges pieced them together. Had they been a legit group from the jump, they wouldn't have made it nearly as far.

I REALLY liked Teah Tolliver, in my opinion -- she was the woman who had it all. Crossover appeal, a unique and distinct look, a voice, stage presence and likeability. The ONLY thing wrong was that she sang in the wrong key at times, with a vocal coach she could have kicked that habit quickly. Dexter Haygood was a hoot :lol: I feel bad for the guy because he got nothing but female songs to sing. Beyoncé, Britney, Katy Perry? C'mon now, why give a 50 year olf male Funk singer songs by those artists? His performance of "Crazy In Love" DID slay though, it's the ONLY performance that I've actually downloaded :lmao:Simone Battle was cocky as hell, and though she could sing, she NEVER delivered when it mattered most. She has the looks to rival the top pop female singers out today, but she's gotta work on everything else. Philip Lomax sucked. And so did The Brewer Boys

Okay, I'm done here :yep:

I liked Stereo Hoggz too. Aside from the Lead Singer being off at times, I wasn't a fan of the song selections. Though I like Rhythm Nation, it's not that kinda song. But if they were ingenious enough, they could've made it work. The problem is that the group is not necessarily a harmony driven group.

But I wonder if the groups are on the chopping block whether because they are not as good as the others or this is just a reflection of trends in the U.S.

The problem with Tiah Toliver is that she seems to like to sing through her throat and not her diaphragm. I wondered was she suffocating whole performing cuz voice always seemed forced.

I was ready for Dexter to go. He was always gonna be somewhat of a tribute act.

I like Simone battle at first, but she was always a mess with her performances.

I think Cheryl should be rehired. I don't really trust Nicole.

I think Cheryl should be rehired. I don't really trust Nicole.

Honestly neither should be hired for the next season. They need a very outspoken, rude chick to sit next to Paula. The only time Nicole and Paula were outspoken was when it came to that chick whose tone was off but Simon and LA loved.

Honestly neither should be hired for the next season. They need a very outspoken, rude chick to sit next to Paula. The only time Nicole and Paula were outspoken was when it came to that chick whose tone was off but Simon and LA loved.

Looking at the UK clips, Cheryl can be quite a cocky bitch sometimes even though she has the sweetheart personality.

Lakoda Rayne >>>>>>>>>

Marcus Canty has the best voice, way better than the absolutely terrible Chris Rene. :mellow: I'm with you Selz..what is up with this Chris Rene hype??! >_<

Drew's performance of Just A Dream >>> that troll Rachel Crow's existence

I expect it to be Melanie Amaro and Drew in the finals with Melanie winning.

Archived