Now That Janet has done Number Ones: Upclose and Personal

janet.1814

It would seem kinda tired for her to perform the same songs w/ just 4 or 5 new songs :unsure: Not that i wouldnt go see the show, but i'd rather have a tour that has either:

a- All songs from the new album w/ some hits sprinkled in

b- Some new songs from the new album, 5 #1s, and a collection of fan favorite album tracks from janet jackson - discipline

c- a collection of JUST fan favorite album tracks and songs from the new album

or

c- fan favorite album tracks :)

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

At this point Janet HAS to do mostly the "hits" when she's on tour... but Janet has always been about the hits on tour. In the past, she just had more freedom to incorporate things from her new albums, because the albums were such a MASSIVE hits.

How she presents them is what's going to be important from this point forward...

Her hits have been HUGE. That's one reason she continues to keep up with many of them. Plus, they are often the fan favorites, too. With that said, I'm down with option B(make it 7 or 8 #1s) or the first C :thumbup: I need full versions of "I Get Lonely", "Together Again" and "Again" this next tour. "Scream", too, if she wants. I NEED to see those :wub:

It would seem kinda tired for her to perform the same songs w/ just 4 or 5 new songs :unsure: Not that i wouldnt go see the show, but i'd rather have a tour that has either:

a- All songs from the new album w/ some hits sprinkled in

b- Some new songs from the new album, 5 #1s, and a collection of fan favorite album tracks from janet jackson - discipline

c- a collection of JUST fan favorite album tracks and songs from the new album

or

c- fan favorite album tracks :)

Thats never smart for ANY artist or tour. Your audience will be clueless which results into a lifeless response.

With Janet,I know she always wants to pack as many of her hits into a show as possible to please her fans but in the long run its kind of a disservice in a way (imo). To me she should start leaving more songs out of the set list so songs will sound "fresher" by the time she's on to another tour. Janet doesnt really give us time to REALLY miss a live version of her songs and ppl say "Well she MUST perform her biggest hits,it will be ONLY right" ...thats not so. Her catalog is lengthy enough to leave songs out and allow us to miss some of her songs.

Maybe if she switched up the WAY she performs them live then that'd be kinda cool...like at this point we all know Control comes after TPP...WHYDFML comes after Control etc :rolleyes:. We know that You Want This will be slipped in somewhere...we know that Again, Lets Wait Awahile and Come Back To me will be performed together (and that too in small medley form) etc. we know this we know that. I want her to surprise us with like a new order of the songs (not necessarily a new routine though). That way when we're at the show we're like "Oh this song is next" - provided we don't know the setlist beforehand.

I also need her to move some life into her arms during If too tbh but thats a personal gripe...I know some of you like th eno arm thing :umm:.

I must say that even if she keeps things the same I'll STILL get my motherfucking life by being in Mothers presence :excited: :excited: :excited:

At this point Janet HAS to do mostly the "hits" when she's on tour... but Janet has always been about the hits on tour. In the past, she just had more freedom to incorporate things from her new albums, because the albums were such a MASSIVE hits.

How she presents them is what's going to be important from this point forward...

at what point?

Maybe if she switched up the WAY she performs them live then that'd be kinda cool...like at this point we all know Control comes after TPP...WHYDFML comes after Control etc :rolleyes:. We know that You Want This will be slipped in somewhere...we know that Again, Lets Wait Awahile and Come Back To me will be performed together (and that too in small medley form) etc. we know this we know that. I want her to surprise us with like a new order of the songs (not necessarily a new routine though). That way when we're at the show we're like "Oh this song is next" - provided we don't know the setlist beforehand.

I also need her to move some life into her arms during If too tbh but thats a personal gripe...I know some of you like th eno arm thing :umm:.

I must say that even if she keeps things the same I'll STILL get my motherfucking life by being in Mothers presence :excited: :excited: :excited:

i dont have an issue w/ the order......the only thing i ever disliked about her order was the way that she kept the SAME exact order for N1:Upclose&Personal as she did for RWY

i dont have an issue w/ the order......the only thing i ever disliked about her order was the way that she kept the SAME exact order for N1:Upclose&Personal as she did for RWY

Thats what I mean :lol:. It'd be nice if she switches it up again for the next one.

I don't think a Janet concert would be a Janet concert without her hits though. It's like Prince performing a show without Purple Rain, Wanna Be Your Lover or MJ not performing Billie Jean or Thriller.

at what point?

At this stage in her career.

Thats what I mean :lol:. It'd be nice if she switches it up again for the next one.

I don't think a Janet concert would be a Janet concert without her hits though. It's like Prince performing a show without Purple Rain, Wanna Be Your Lover or MJ not performing Billie Jean or Thriller.

Well she kept the setlist the same to be economical...and because she hardly got to tour with the RWU tour, she will more than likely switch things up for the next tour. lol

I just need 30 minutes with Janet to let her hear one of my megamixes. I'd have the song arrangements for the tour on lock :excited:

she can be like Britney, and make a completely new tour out of a new album, but just sprinkle in her #1s.....like maybe if she just did her 10 #1s w/ just her new album songs, that would work :unsure:

"The Non Singles Tour" or "Songs You Never Bothered To Listen To Tour"......people would pass out once she sang Empty or Do It To Me.....I would die hearing her sing these especially with Enjoy you saw what a great response people gave her when she pulled out "When We Oooo". Small venues as well. Simple only 3 male dancers.....I want her to focus on showing the world what a great singer she truly is that we got to see and hear on the current/pass tour.

Archived