janetDAYZ

22 members have voted

1. 1. Which is MORE ICONIC overall??

• VOGUE
    • RHYTHM NATION

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow! Both are so iconic that it's kind of hard. I'd lean more towards Rhythm Nation...not because I'm a Janet fan but because I've seen/heard RN mentioned by people of different races in different shows and in person too whereas I've only ever heard Vogue being refrenced by white people in white shows.

Wow! Both are so iconic that it's kind of hard. I'd lean more towards Rhythm Nation...not because I'm a Janet fan but because I've seen/heard RN mentioned by people of different races in different shows and in person too whereas I've only ever heard Vogue being refrenced by white people in white shows.

"Vogue" was one of the few Madonna songs to get play on black radio.

"Vogue" performed better on the charts and sold more than 4 times as much, but being the title track for such an iconic album gives RN an edge. I'ma say tie.

"Vogue" was one of the few Madonna songs to get play on black radio.

"Vogue" performed better on the charts and sold more than 4 times as much, but being the title track for such an iconic album gives RN an edge. I'ma say tie.

I wouldn't know how a Madonna song did so thats interesting. Having said that I really didn't want to chose between the two as I adore both songs. I've even adopted 'strike a pose' into my vocabulary.

I wouldn't know how a Madonna song did so thats interesting. Having said that I really didn't want to chose between the two as I adore both songs. I've even adopted 'strike a pose' into my vocabulary.

"Vogue" was number one and double platinum.

Rhythm Nation was number 2 and gold.

Rhythm Nation shits on Vogue in every way, the ONLY thing Vogue had over RN was a higher chart position. RN's video (full length & regular), the look, and dancing style changed everything, especially for women. Not to say Vogue didnt, but lets be real, the impact of RN was huge,and is still getting copied today. :coffee:

Both are iconic in their own special ways. Rhythm Nation was more innovative and actually stood for a real message. Plus there hadn't been socially conscious issues tied in with dance music since Marvin Gaye so in general the song was pretty iconic as well. Not to take anything away from Madonna who revolutionized dance music altogether with Vogue. That video is classic and brought the dance to the forefront.

^^ this :clapping:

Rhythm Nation shits on Vogue in every way, the ONLY thing Vogue had over RN was a higher chart position. RN's video (full length & regular), the look, and dancing style changed everything, especially for women. Not to say Vogue didnt, but lets be real, the impact of RN was huge,and is still getting copied today. :coffee:

As if the biggesst pop star in the world isn't copying "Vogue" was we speak.

1 just redone WAY more than the other. And 1 was a dance that already existed years before the song, while the other was innovative in putting military movements to a pop/R&B beat. Vogue is Iconic, RN is Legendary, timeless, and a force that never stopped slaying

Haven't been seeeing a lot of Lady Gaga videos I assume.

:lmao: Thats it? Gaga is LARGELY Madonna inspired, I mean seriously thats not the best name to bring up in a debate that alot of other people do this dance because Gaga is HEAVILY Madonna inspired, thats like using Ciara to back up RN.

:lmao: Thats it? Gaga is LARGELY Madonna inspired, I mean seriously thats not the best name to bring up in a debate that alot of other people do this dance because Gaga is HEAVILY Madonna inspired, thats like using Ciara to back up RN.

"Vogue" was about being over the top glamerous to the point of being silly. Thats done a lot by everybody from Rihanna, to Beyonce, to katy Perry, to Britney Spears to Nicki Minaj.

"Vogue" was about being over the top glamerous to the point of being silly. Thats done a lot by everybody from Rihanna, to Beyonce, to katy Perry, to Britney Spears to Nicki Minaj.

Yes but Vogue was stolen from the "gurls" in the hood and therefore is another theft crime Madonna has yet to pay for, and you're right it was silly, very :filenails:

Archived