janetDAYZ

22 members have voted

1. 1. Which is MORE ICONIC overall??

• VOGUE
    • RHYTHM NATION

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

and then the bitch let the White gays think she invented it, I wish all the muthafuckas she stole shit from would stand up and be like Lady GaGa is pay back bitch it's not reductive it's retribution trick....

:excited::lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

and den da Blond bitch riding horses and shit, so when Janet spotted back in da day wit JD in a jockey outfit, Perez gone say Madonna much :blink: I was like hold up did da bitch invent horses too? :unsure: last I checked Janet had animals when Madonna was selling donuts :filenails:

The white gays (and it's no shade) always act as if Madge invented the entire music industry, and I'm simply not here for it. :coffee:

My shade towards you was not about you stealing anything...so :lol:

Your shade implied I was some how inspired by Madge. :rolleyes:

How u gonna ask what is more iconic, pretend "RN" was a brand new and original idea and vougue was copying, and then holla pressed when I proved the RN was just as borrowed.

:filenails: :filenails: :filenails: :filenails: :filenails: :filenails: :filenails:

Especially on songs that are soooooo close to equal standings in regards to being iconic? If you don't want the answer, don't ask the questions... :filenails:

How u gonna ask what is more iconic, pretend "RN" was a brand new and original idea and vougue was copying, and then holla pressed when I proved the RN was just as borrowed.

:filenails: :filenails: :filenails: :filenails: :filenails: :filenails: :filenails:

It took you how many posts to not convince anyone here of this? :unsure: I should go back and count em, there should be a rule here, if you have to go more than say 5 posts to make the same point, you aint gotta point in the first place so reductively from that you did too much 4 posts back :filenails:

It took you how many posts to not convince anyone here of this? :unsure: I should go back and count em, there should be a rule here, if you have to go more than say 5 posts to make the same point, you aint gotta point in the first place so reductively from that you did too much 4 posts back :filenails:

There is a rule and it goes "This is Janet's forum, and these are Janet's fans, and its a waste of time posting a thread comparing anything Janet does to any artist, especially to an artist like Madonna who is probably the only female star in the last few decades that is more successful than janet. :filenails:

Anywho...I give them a tie in being iconic

RN is NOWHERE near as "inspried" Stolen as Vogue is, Voguing was a dance move that already existed, Military movements werent done as dance moves to that extent/level. Janet brought something that hadnt been done by a artist of her stature to the limelight. Madonna just brought a dance style that existed for years to the spotlight, not even the same page.

There is a rule and it goes "This is Janet's forum, and these are Janet's fans, and its a waste of time posting a thread comparing anything Janet does to any artist, especially to an artist like Madonna who is probably the only female star in the last few decades that is more successful than janet. :filenails:

A tie? what da fuck is dat? I wore won today, we talking about Iconic, Rhythm Nation has been reenacted so many times in dance contests and pageants and shit, hell I think North Korea did a homage after Kim died I'm just saying get yo life, you didn't see em Voguing, even da Black gays know voguing is dated but put on some army gear, you can get it gurl :clapping: but I digress denial is not a river in Egypt, bitches will stay pressed like khakis. I mean have you even looked back at the production values? "Vogue" was cheap and corny looking, she musta thought that would be enough, meanwhile Janet working her ass off they practicing doing dance rehearsals together figure shit out for perfection I can't recall any Vogue practice nope Madonna went to da Black gay club for all of 5 minutes and came "original" :rolleyes:

RN is NOWHERE near as "inspried" Stolen as Vogue is, Voguing was a dance move that already existed, Military movements werent done as dance moves to that extent/level. Janet brought something that hadnt been done by a artist of her stature to the limelight. Madonna just brought a dance style that existed for years to the spotlight, not even the same page.

Well the difference is ROTC choeography wasn't done to music so Janet was the first to really put it to music while adding other dance moves that already exisited in hip hop like 'running man' for instance. Voguing was a dance cultural movement that did involve music. Not comparable, and in the era when "Vogue" was popular she was doing stuff like "Truth or Dare" which really explored gay culture. She was deep in that culture at the time with her tours, her outspokeness with AIDS, her friends and her every move.

Janet's "Rhythm Nation" era was huge for music, but it was not making nearly same cultural impact that Madonna was at the time. Vogue was the centerpeice of that era musically. Everything she did was beautiful, sexual, flabouant and outrageous and thats what the "Vogue" culture is about, and you see all that now in Lady Gaga, Nicki Minaj, Katy Perry, Rihanna, and to a lessor extent Beyonce. :filenails:

Janet's "Rhythm Nation" era was huge for music, but it was not making nearly same cultural impact that Madonna was at the time. Vogue was the centerpeice of that era musically. Everything she did was beautiful, sexual, flabouant and outrageous and thats what the "Vogue" culture is about, and you see all that now in Lady Gaga, Nicki Minaj, Katy Perry, Rihanna, and to a lessor extent Beyonce. :filenails:

Nuk you need to stop. :mellow:

A tie? what da fuck is dat? I wore won today, we talking about Iconic, Rhythm Nation has been reenacted so many times in dance contests and pageants and shit, hell I think North Korea did a homage after Kim died I'm just saying get yo life, you didn't see em Voguing, even da Black gays know voguing is dated but put on some army gear, you can get it gurl :clapping: but I digress denial is not a river in Egypt, bitches will stay pressed like khakis. I mean have you even looked back at the production values? "Vogue" was cheap and corny looking, she musta thought that would be enough, meanwhile Janet working her ass off they practicing doing dance rehearsals together figure shit out for perfection I can't recall any Vogue practice nope Madonna went to da Black gay club for all of 5 minutes and came "original" :rolleyes:

Who said "Voguing" was original? What will freak you out is the "Moonwalk" wasn't original either. MJ 'borrow' that from the underground urban culture too, Beyonce borrowed "single Ladies" among lots of things, Shakira wasn't the first to belly dance either Bailey...I bet that surprises you...LMAO

Ya'll are hilarious.

Janet made a great video, and had much better dancing...Madonna made a cultural movement...

what is it gonna take? Marylin Monroe crawling outta da grave aka "Thriller" style to say "no bitch I fucked presidents yo shit is reductive and since you know the word don't bother looking it up just have dat seat" :filenails:

MARILYN.jpg---------reductive----->600px-Erotica_album.jpg

4017480.jpg----------reductive------>Madonna-Celebration.jpg

REDUCTIVE AGAIN....madonna_marilyn2.jpg

Especially on songs that are soooooo close to equal standings in regards to being iconic? If you don't want the answer, don't ask the questions... :filenails:

You can have your opinion...but when you start REACHING..expect folks to call you out.

This comment:

"Vogue" was about being over the top glamerous to the point of being silly. Thats done a lot by everybody from Rihanna, to Beyonce, to katy Perry, to Britney Spears to Nicki Minaj."

It wasn't even funny how far your dislocated arm was reaching.... :lmao: :lmao:

Who said "Voguing" was original? What will freak you out is the "Moonwalk" wasn't original either. MJ 'borrow' that from the underground urban culture too, Beyonce borrowed "single Ladies" among lots of things, Shakira wasn't the first to belly dance either Bailey...I bet that surprises you...LMAO

Ya'll are hilarious.

Janet made a great video, and had much better dancing...Madonna made a cultural movement...

It wasn't a cultural movement. :rolleyes: It was dance craze (along with Rhythm Nation and all of Janet's stuff) during the early 90's.

Like Bey stans, sometimes Madonna stans tend to give Madonna a too much credit.

Ya'll are hilarious.

gurl at this point nothing surprises me you keep trying, it's like trying to snatch a wig from a bald cancer patient it's sad :umm:

what is it gonna take? Marylin Monroe crawling outta da grave aka "Thriller" style to say "no bitch I fucked presidents yo shit is reductive and since you know the word don't bother looking it up just have dat seat" :filenails:

And your point is? Madonna re-created a Monroe "Material Girl", and in "Vogue" she named called her inspirations... :filenails:

The same as Janet did with "24play"... :filenails:

Neither were being sneaky about it. :filenails:

DRAG HER!!!

I admit not everything Janet does I love, nor do I hate Madonna, I think she treats her fans like shit, I think her single snippet I heard sounds like shit, I think if Lady GaGa tried it, she could pull at her bleached hair because after we start talking age it's all numbers I mean she like 54 53 now? Lady GaGa could just wait another 7 years and be like bitch you 60 the kids don't even know you, they don't :mellow:

It wasn't a cultural movement. :rolleyes: It was dance craze (along with Rhythm Nation and all of Janet's stuff) during the early 90's.

Like Bey stans, sometimes Madonna stans tend to give Madonna a too much credit.

I'm not a Madonna stan but during that era I didn't even know what Madonna sang, but I knew she was this bad girl slut and something negative for America. The early 90s era for Madonna WAS a cultural movement and it wasn't even when she saw her biggest album sales. She was was challneging freedom of speech, womans rights, homophobia, religion, and sexuality during that era.

:filenails:

maybe Madonna should scrap the Nicki Minaj thang cause even Beyonce said nope, I think Madonna should just go all the fucking way, I mean she had Kanye, Dallas, La Reid, Jimmy and Terry opp >_< she should call Justin up....no wait she did that too, okay Justin Bieber...yes, nothing sells better than a new 18 yo boy and 53 botox, work bitch. :clapping:

Well the difference is ROTC choeography wasn't done to music so Janet was the first to really put it to music while adding other dance moves that already exisited in hip hop like 'running man' for instance. Voguing was a dance cultural movement that did involve music. Not comparable, and in the era when "Vogue" was popular she was doing stuff like "Truth or Dare" which really explored gay culture. She was deep in that culture at the time with her tours, her outspokeness with AIDS, her friends and her every move.

My point exactly, Janet was way more innovative in putting music and mixing existing & popular dance moves to military style, voguing was just voguing, nothing innovative.

:blink: O. My. GOD WOW....... that....WOW, the fact that the ENTIRE RN era still gets copied in 1 way or another, and hasnt stopped is kind of the proof that that 1st sentence you said of this 2nd paragraph is horribly wrong & mis-informed. Again, you neglect to name any straight male artist who "vogues" I mean Usher, Justin, Ginuwine, Chris Brown who? I mean they all did RN inspired stuff but never seen em vogue :filenails:

I'm not a Madonna stan but during that era I didn't even know what Madonna sang, but I knew she was this bad girl slut and something negative for America. The early 90s era for Madonna WAS a cultural movement and it wasn't even when she saw her biggest album sales. She was was challneging freedom of speech, womans rights, homophobia, religion, and sexuality during that era.

:filenails:

Girl, KABOOM...

Madonna was NEVER a cultural movement...yes to all of the Madge stans, I SAID IT! :coffee:

She was pop star that (was one of the first) to master the art of using controversy to market herself.

She got way too much credit from the media after the ROL era...they began treating her as if everything she did was the very definition of brilliance. I can't and I won't fall for the fuckery, because it simply isn't true. :coffee:

Archived