I really wish this chick was bigger in the US

LyricalLesson

:blush:

Beautiful song. One voice, no background vocals, not heavy on vocal effects or pro tools, potent lyrics, vulnerable and emotional delivery, catchy instrumental. I can never just listen to this song one time, it's very hard for me to take it off repeat.

Ridiculously famous and celebrated in Japan and other parts of the world, virtually unknown in the US. What the hell is wrong with us, we need to get it together -_-

YASSS!!! I love her! :w00t:

Loved her since this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b1M-L9r3S8o

:wub:

I think I was one of the 3 people in North America stanning for her last English album. :lol: I think you were also one of the 3, cuz I think we talked about her on the old forum. :asham:

"First Love" :w00t:

:lmao: I vividly remember us having a conversation about her music and anticipating the album release back on the old forum :excited::D I remember people were trying it with us, but we weren't having that mess :lmao: "This Is The One" turned out to be a great album! So many potential singles that never saw the light of day -_- ...sad that there was only a few of us who was diggin her :asham: it's all good though, we know good music :thumbup:

What was your favorite track on the last album?

The US music scene is too crowded. Plus, the one single she released her wasn't so great. Her team should put out better material if they want to connect worldwide.

"Come Back To Me" WAS actually a damn good song...if it got radio play, there's no doubt in my mind that it could have at the very least went top 40. It's radio friendly, very catchy, and mainstream.

Were you able to peep the album in its entirety? It's an extremely solid Urban Pop/R&B album...there really isn't a weak track. The quality of the material is anything but lacking. Her ONLY issue was a lack of interest...due to absolutely zero promotion. People don't know her...And it's crazy to me, because she has spent a little more than half of her life in America, it's not as if she's some foreign singer with a dream to make it big in the states. She is a duel american-Japanese citizen, graduated from Columbia University, speaks perfect English, she's perfectly capable of being marketed in America as an American singer.

I knew this was gonna be about her. :lol: I still haven't heard her album yet. What's the name of it?

Damn, am I that predictable :asham:;) Henry, you have to listen to the album. I'm confident that you'll dig multiple tracks. She really is a talent, with a pretty unique vocal. I think all of the tracks are up on YouTube, check 'em out when you get a chance :excited:

"Come Back To Me" WAS actually a damn good song...if it got radio play, there's no doubt in my mind that it could have at the very least went top 40. It's radio friendly, very catchy, and mainstream.

Were you able to peep the album in its entirety? It's an extremely solid Urban Pop/R&B album...there really isn't a weak track. The quality of the material is anything but lacking. Her ONLY issue was a lack of interest...due to absolutely zero promotion. People don't know her...And it's crazy to me, because she has spent a little more than half of her life in America, it's not as if she's some foreign singer with a dream to make it big in the states. She is a duel american-Japanese citizen, graduated from Columbia University, speaks perfect English, she's perfectly capable of being marketed in America as an American singer.

I have listened to her music, before CBTM was released and I really do like her voice. I just feel like she needs something stronger to stand out.

"First Love" :w00t:

:lmao: I vividly remember us having a conversation about her music and anticipating the album release back on the old forum :excited::D I remember people were trying it with us, but we weren't having that mess :lmao: "This Is The One" turned out to be a great album! So many potential singles that never saw the light of day -_- ...sad that there was only a few of us who was diggin her :asham: it's all good though, we know good music :thumbup:

What was your favorite track on the last album?

:lol:

Looks like some of them are still trying it with us. :umm::sigh:

I loved, loved, loved Merry Christmas Mr. Lawrence - FYI. The sample was hot.

Archived