Kirk Cameron Tells Piers Morgan Homosexuality Is 'Unnatural,' 'Ultimately Destructive'

Shawn1814

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know a lot of Christians who love gay people and don't necessarily judge them. Some even welcome them into the church with open arms........but still think they will burn in hell for eternity if they don't repent before they die, but that's on THEM to do if they ever decide to repent for loving the same sex :rolleyes: . Just because people are "tolerant" of a group doesn't mean they still don't have these ways of thinking.

Then we have what I call revolutionary Christians who just go against what the Bible has laid out, and think of gays as you know, humans. Humans who love the same sex, and don't give a fuck who they fuck. These are hard to come by, at least where I live.

What amazes me is that Christians believe when Jesus died on the cross, the things that were laid out as law in the Old Testament were basically abolished, and you go by Jesus' teachings. Jesus never explicitly spoke against homosexuality, but did speak out against fornication, which isn't looked down upon nearly as much as homosexuality, let's be honest (I mean, there's no laws against two people at the age of consent having sex). I thought it was also established that no sin is above another except for (correct me if I'm wrong), worshiping another god and what was it? failure to love, or greed or arrogance (none of which are against the law) or something, anyways, it isn't homosexuality. Frankly, if by the Bible's standards, the worst thing I can do is love another god and...not love at all, you know, above rape or murder or torture, I don't really want to follow that part of the book. I follow morality. There's no other way to slice or dice it, people are holding on tightly to Old Testament beliefs in order to justify their bigotry. Period.

If Christians want to stick so loyally to Leviticus, they also should stick to the other rules laid out in the same book.

And don't get me wrong, there are some good teachings in the Bible, I mean, duh, but a lot of them fall under the umbrella of morality and human decency, things I can come across with out the Bible. I'm not here to bash Christians, but these are simply things I've picked up on through experience and perception, and from being raised a Christian.

Christianity for me is caught up in a vicious cycle between many beliefs. My problem is when christianity is trying to dictate and disprove science.

So why believe anything ever written in history then?...you can't say that's it's not true cause it was written by man...all history was written by man

True but people believe this shit like GOD himself came down and told them..

True but people believe this shit like GOD himself came down and told them..

I think the even larger issue is the picking and choosing of what they want out of the Bible. Of course the bible was written by men with their own views and beliefs tainted by their own personal prejudices and personal feelings. If one part of the Bible is going to be preached and taken so literally they want to oppress people with it then why isn't all of it taken like that?

If Gays are unnatural and a detriment to society and going to be the downfall and all that. Why are people allowed to divorce? Why isn't their a crusade against cheating on your spouse? You hear all this bs about gays and how the world will crumble if they can marry. But, how about the huge divorce rate right now with the straight people? Is all this divorce and remarriage "natural"? All these broken homes, child support, weekends with 1 parent weekdays with another better for society than a gay couple that loves their kids and live together in the same household?

I would argue a child with a gay couple will be much better suited to being open minded and going out into the world with less prejudice and bigotry having grown up in a situation like that. As opposed to these bible thumping judgmental, hatred spewing religious nuts.

its that society is threatened by people who are different from them and they hide behind religion to Justify their prejudice and bigotry

This is SO true and 100% correct.

But what I find funny is that God doesn't teach us to hate or discriminate. They are pretty much turning their scriptures into weapons.

Alan Thicke ‏ @alan_thicke

I'm getting him some new books. The Old Testament simply can't be expected to explain everything.

4:05 PM - 5 Mar 12

Alan Thicke ‏ @alan_thicke

I love Kirk but I may have to spank him...'tho not in a gay way!

6:21 PM - 5 Mar 12

----

Mr. Thicke is a mess. :lmao: :lmao:

Until religion proves to me that their is a God with CONCRETE evidence other than; "because we exist" or "because the bible says so" and "the bible has predicted everything and has scientific evidence " <----- :crazy:

I will remain an atheist!

Have you ever looked into buddhism?

It's things like this that make homosexuals shy away from church and religion...even though I grew up Christian I consider myself more of a spiritual person now...I def believe in god and his many blessings

Basically.

And when you assess the concept of religion, you realize how utterly ridiculous it is. I tell my friends all the time that the Bible is nothing but a book of morals and fairy tales. There's a lot of preachiness in the Bible that has structured society. But what you're not going to do is stand in my face and tell me a twink killed a 10 foot giant with rocks, and that a 70 year old man was living it up in the world's hottest desert for 40 years. Every religion seems to want to force their beliefs on you as if one is superior to the others. It's pure foolery. And the ppl who actually participate in its ridiculousness are just as ridiculous as religion itself.

THE ISSUE is that some Christians feel the need to reinforce what they interpret what "the WORD" says instead of staying clear of judging like they ARE God.People/Christians being so preoccupied with other ppls lives is the ultimate UNDERLYING problem in religion and society as a whole.

I read not one lie.

A lot of society's issues could be resolved if people would just mind their own damn business.

Three things:

If God had a preference, why are there so many religions?

Religion cannot exist without God...God transcends religion.

The foundation of Christianity are the teachings of Christ....whom never spoke on homosexuality....ever.

Archived