The Hunger Games

Kim

If he was in the trailer, I must've missed him. :asham:

That scene when Miranda made that announcement, I felt for him. -_- Poor guy. -_-

You definitely need to see it. It's a great film.

I didn't see him in the trailer either. :lol:

I know. Such a professional. :tear:

*adds to my neverending list*

:lmao: :lmao:

Watch it by any legal means necessary that will get Babs paid. :filenails:

I only say that because I don't rent (but really probably should). And actually, I've never downloaded a movie in my life. I buy all the ones I want to see. I don't have the patience. -_-

I didn't see him in the trailer either. :lol:

I know. Such a professional. :tear:

*adds to my neverending list*

I only say that because I don't rent (but really probably should). And actually, I've never downloaded a movie in my life. I buy all the ones I want to see. I don't have the patience. -_-

Here's a pic of him in The Lovely Bones:

33x8nyr.jpg

I had NO idea it was him. :lol:

Oh, ok. :lol: I don't rent either. I tried doing that when I was younger, but the DVDs looked so nasty and grimy that I never did it again. :&

I wait until movies go on sale to buy them. -_- I've switched over to Blu-ray, so they cost a bit more. :sigh:

Here's a pic of him in The Lovely Bones:

33x8nyr.jpg

I had NO idea it was him. :lol:

Oh, ok. :lol: I don't rent either. I tried doing that when I was younger, but the DVDs looked so nasty and grimy that I never did it again. :&

I wait until movies go on sale to buy them. -_- I've switched over to Blu-ray, so they cost a bit more. :sigh:

OMG he's giving me Bruce Willis in Death Becomes Her teas! :lol: Wow, I've gotta check it out.

Double OMG! That's part of the reason I don't like renting. There's always some nasty looking kids running around the DVD store with no shoes on and I don't want their sloppy seconds in my player. :umm:

I buy a lot of movies on sale too. There's very few titles that I have to have the second they're released, so I usually wait and buy a whole bunch at once. And this HAS to be the year that I finally switch over to Blu-ray. It's time. -_-

I'm thinking about going to see it. I really don't care to see Project X and the movie that has the terrible actor Channing Tatum in it like everyone else. So while they're watching one or the other, I'll be sitting watching The Hunger Games and brag about how awesome it is to make them feel stupid for not watching it with me. :clapping:

I saw the matinée this morning and I give it an A as well. They did leave out some character moments for a few people but all in all it was really good adaptation of the books. I LOVED how they did katniss and peetas costume at the tribute thing at the capital.

And that Twirl on stage was EVERYTHING. :excited:

OMG he's giving me Bruce Willis in Death Becomes Her teas! :lol: Wow, I've gotta check it out.

Double OMG! That's part of the reason I don't like renting. There's always some nasty looking kids running around the DVD store with no shoes on and I don't want their sloppy seconds in my player. :umm:

I buy a lot of movies on sale too. There's very few titles that I have to have the second they're released, so I usually wait and buy a whole bunch at once. And this HAS to be the year that I finally switch over to Blu-ray. It's time. -_-

:lol:

You should see what state DVDs and CDs are in your local library. :& :& :& :&

I think the last movie I bought right when it was released was Why Did I Get Married? :lol:

Blu-ray is definitely the way to go. You can really tell the difference in quality.

'Hunger Games' battles to $155M opening weekend

LOS ANGELES (AP) — "The Hunger Games" has filled fan appetites with a $155 million opening weekend that puts it near the top of the domestic record book.

The huge haul marks the third-best debut ever in terms of revenue, behind the $169.2 million opening for last year's "Harry Potter" finale and the $158.4 million opening of 2008's "The Dark Knight."

"Harry Potter" and "Batman" were well-established franchises. "The Hunger Games" set a revenue record for a non-sequel, taking in more than twice what the first "Twilight" movie did with its $69.6 million opening weekend.

http://news.yahoo.com/hunger-games-battles-155m-opening-weekend-154147044.html;_ylt=Asw58uLXSE98u5vi3WwlYBVxFb8C;_ylu=X3oDMTQzZzRqcXZoBG1pdANKdW1ib3Ryb24gRW50ZXJ0YWlubWVudFNGBHBrZwNkNzdlZGJkNC00ZDcxLTNlZmItOWVhZS1jZDY4MTJmY2EzNGEEcG9zAzEEc2VjA2p1bWJvdHJvbgR2ZXIDYTZkZjYyYjAtNzZhMy0xMWUxLWJiYmYtZTgwNjg4NmQ2OTQ5;_ylg=X3oDMTFrM25vcXFyBGludGwDdXMEbGFuZwNlbi11cwRwc3RhaWQDBHBzdGNhdAMEcHQDc2VjdGlvbnMEdGVzdAM-;_ylv=3

----

Well damn. I didn't know it got fans like that. :blink::lol:

• Upvote 1

I wasn't expecting THAT huge but it is FAR better written than Twilight with much more well rounded characters and tighter storytelling so thats why it has a bigger potential audience than that series for sure.

Some Twilight stans are so pressed right now. :lmao: :lmao:

original.jpg

Racist Hunger Games Fans Are Very Disappointed

The good news? The Hunger Games made $155 million at the box office its opening weekend, making it the third-best debut in North American box office history. The bad news, however, reflects a level of idiocy that we weren't really expecting.

As CNN reports, "Only Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2 and The Dark Knight — both sequels, with the strength of a franchise behind each — recorded bigger opening weekends." Plus, unlike those two flicks, Hunger Games was written by a woman and stars a woman (much as we love JK Rowling, her series isn't named after Hermione) — making it a true lady-centric blockbuster franchise.

Now as you may know, Katniss, the main character in the book and film, was described as having "straight black hair" and "olive skin." It's a post-apocalyptic world, so she could be a mix of things, but some pictured a Native American. Blonde-haired, blue-eyed Jennifer Lawrence won the part and dyed her hair dark.

But when it came to the casting of Rue, Thresh, and Cinna, many audience members did not understand why there were black actors playing those parts. Cinna's skin is not discussed in the book, so truthfully, though Lenny Kravitz was cast, a white, Asian or Latino actor could have played the part.

But. On page 45 of Suzanne Collins's book, Katniss sees Rue for the first time:

…And most hauntingly, a twelve-year-old girl from District 11. She has dark brown skin and eyes, but other than that's she's very like Prim in size and demeanor…

Later, she sees Thresh:

The boy tribute from District 11, Thresh, has the same dark skin as Rue, but the resemblance stops there. He's one of the giants, probably six and half feet tall and built like an ox.

Dark skin. That is what the novelist, the creator of the series, specified. But there were plenty of audience members who were "shocked," or confused, or just plain angry.

The tumblr Hunger Games Tweets has collected a smattering of Twitter postings, with the goal of exposing "Hunger Games fans on Twitter who dare to call themselves fans yet don't know a damn thing about the books." What people are saying is disappointing, sad, stomach-churning, and just plain racist.

original.jpg

This young woman considered the movie "ruined."

original.jpg

This girl wants to know why they "made all the good characters black." Good people cannot possibly be black. Black people are villainous. Duh.

original.jpg

"Stick to the book dude." Read the book again, carefully this time, dude.

original.jpg<---------------- :umm::mellow: :mellow:

original.jpg

The actress Amandla Stenberg literally looks like a tiny angel, but this movie-goer equates blonde with innocence. A little black girl is not automatically innocent, no. Only a little white girl. Actually, only a blonde. The posts go on and on and on. It's not just a coupe of tweets, it's not just a coincidence. There's an underlying rage, coming out as overt prejudice and plain old racism. Sternberg is called a "black bitch," a "******" and one person writes that though he pictured Rue with "darker skin," he "didn't really take it all the way to black." It's as if that is the worst possible thing a person could be.

http://jezebel.com/5896408/racist-hunger-games-fans-dont-care-how-much-money-the-movie-made

I'm done. Trayvon Martin, "don't re-NIG in 2012" bumper stickers, and now this. :sigh: