Lauryn Hill Takes The Stage 4 Hours Late, Tells The Crowd: "I'm Worth The Wait"

TwistedElegance™

His comment implies she doesn't know how to play the instrument. How am I reaching? You claim she plays instruments, so where are the receipts?

She has a good voice and she can dance. That alone is damn good. Why insist that she can do more than she can? Why lie?

His comment didn't imply anything. He only talked about her learning how to play piano. She said out her mouth in the interview that she wrote DIL on the guitar. In order to write a song on an instrument, you have to know how to play it. Stop trying to discredit her. She said she learned the basics of the guitar. I can see if she said she's right up there with Jimi Hendrix. But she said she learned, and wish she had continued. Hence her playing is elementary/basic.

Beyonce didn't write Irreplaceble. Neyo wrote the song and the it was actually intended for Fantasia. If anything she "co-wrote" the song.

Stop reaching? Ch... You're the one posting quotes of Beyonce claiming to have written and played an instrument as factual. That's reaching. You have yet to post footage or photographic evidence of Beyonce playing the guitar :blush:

Didn't Neyo release the Demo to the song which sounds the same as the verse Beyonce sang?

You contradicted yourself, first Beyonce didn't write. Then it's a "co-write"? Get flustered on the keys hun? If two ppl wrote a song, then either one of them saying they wrote it, is correct. Plus, Beyonce even said in the B'day video Ne-Yo brought her the song and she touched it up. There is obviously a difference in the demo and the finished product.

You are reaching. You were given an article where Beyonce said out her mouth that she wrote DIL on the guitar. Now you want video? Then you'll ask for video of her doing it live. Then you'll ask for video of her playing it proficiently. Then you'll ask for video of her playing different types of guitars. Then you'll ask for something else. I'm not here for this "If You Give A Mouse A Cookie" bullshit you're trying to pull.

Ch, I didn't contradict myself. Note the sarcasm in my quotations around co-wrote. :coffee: Do you sincerely believe everything you read or hear? :mellow: Ever thought that Ne-Yo coming out and stating that Beyonce co-wrote is damage control? Ch... why do you keep quoting Beyonce as if she doesn't have a history of lying? I can understand one or two times getting tongue tied about credits but every time? Bitch, come on.

What's the difference between the demo and the final record?

Is it the change of "She" and "Girl" to "He" and "Boy"? :unsure:

Chile, sit the fuck down. :mellow: I simply asked for footage of her playing the guitar to a song she didn't even write. How is that reaching? This is no "If You Give A Mouse A Cookie" game. I'm asking you to find footage of her playing this instrument. Case closed. But you obviously can't do this...

His comment didn't imply anything. He only talked about her learning how to play piano. She said out her mouth in the interview that she wrote DIL on the guitar. In order to write a song on an instrument, you have to know how to play it. Stop trying to discredit her. She said she learned the basics of the guitar. I can see if she said she's right up there with Jimi Hendrix. But she said she learned, and wish she had continued. Hence her playing is elementary/basic.

Knowing the basics does not make her proficient. She's plausible at best. And no one is trying to discredit her, we simply don't believe she is as talented as Lauryn. Who plays the Guitar well.

And his comments clearly imply that she can't play because he said "If she learns", which implies absents of knowledge. Although he did give her credit for knowing the scales, which as a singer she should know. :coffee:

Ch, I didn't contradict myself. Note the sarcasm in my quotations around co-wrote. :coffee: Do you sincerely believe everything you read or hear? :mellow: Ever thought that Ne-Yo coming out and stating that Beyonce co-wrote is damage control? Ch... why do you keep quoting Beyonce as if she doesn't have a history of lying? I can one or two times getting tongue tied about credits but every time? Bitch, come on.

Chile, sit the fuck down. :mellow: I simply asked for footage of her playing the guitar to a song she didn't even write. How is that reaching? This is no "If You Give A Mouse A Cookie" game. I'm asking you to find footage of her playing this instrument. Case closed. But you obviously can't do this...

z214l.jpg

-_-

Poor Austineisha, every time he attempts to stan for Beyonce this happens to him :(

Ch, I didn't contradict myself. Note the sarcasm in my quotations around co-wrote. :coffee: Do you sincerely believe everything you read or hear? :mellow: Ever thought that Ne-Yo coming out and stating that Beyonce co-wrote is damage control? Ch... why do you keep quoting Beyonce as if she doesn't have a history of lying? I can one or two times getting tongue tied about credits but every time? Bitch, come on.

You did contradict yourself. And you will live with your mistake. B) The damage had already been done when Beyonce said she wrote it. Naturally ppl are going to ask the horse. Ne-Yo said it was a cowrite. Get over it. End of story.

You don't hear the difference?

The snare drums being added. The guitar chords being changed. The harmonies and melodies aren't 100% similar. All of that is part of songwriting. But you don't know that since you think songwriting is just writing lyrics. :sigh: You're not getting footage. Beyonce said she learned how to play the guitar. You heard it from the horses mouth. Get over it and stop reaching for the sky from below sea level.

Prince also said Mike was a genius. Prince also is a genius. Prince has also spoken highly of Stevie Wonder. See how this works both ways?

Ch... You're comparing Prince calling MJ and Stevie geniuses to Prince advising Beyonce to learn how to play the piano? >_<

Ch... You're comparing Prince calling MJ and Stevie geniuses to Prince advising Beyonce to learn how to play the piano? >_<

No, you were trying to discredit Prince by belittling his words. And I just reversed the argument. B)

And God have mercy on the lessors if Beyonce actually learns how to play the piano. :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: It's actually a compliment that Prince thinks Beyonce has the talent to learn how to play the piano and likens it to Aretha. I just live for the shade! :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

You did contradict yourself. And you will live with your mistake. B) The damage had already been done when Beyonce said she wrote it. Naturally ppl are going to ask the horse. Ne-Yo said it was a cowrite. Get over it. End of story.

The snare drums being added. The guitar chords being changed. The harmonies and melodies aren't 100% similar. All of that is part of songwriting. But you don't know that since you think songwriting is just writing lyrics. :sigh: You're not getting footage. Beyonce said she learned how to play the guitar. You heard it from the horses mouth. Get over it and stop reaching for the sky from below sea level.

You're joking with this right? This is a joke? :umm:

I didn't contradict myself and you will live with the fact that I didn't.

Stargate produced the song along side Ne-Yo. Hermansen and Eriksen are to credit for the guitar chords. I never insisted that songwriting is just the lyrics. I know that it's not but nice try, though. Beyonce also said she wrote "If I Were A Boy" it turned out that it was written by someone else. Straight from the horse's mouth >_<

No, you were trying to discredit Prince by belittling his words. And I just reversed the argument. B)

And God have mercy on the lessors if Beyonce actually learns how to play the piano. :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: It's actually a compliment that Prince thinks Beyonce has the talent to learn how to play the piano and likens it to Aretha. I just live for the shade! :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Discredit? :mellow: I simply implied that Prince has said many questionable things throughout his career. Why are you getting so touchy? :umm:

Whatever, helps you sleep at night, dear :blush:

When did Beyonce EVER say she wrote "If I Were A Boy"?

Beyonce is more talented than Lauryn. She's a better singer, dancer, performer, songwriter, actress, and instrumentalist.

Yes, Lauryn won 5 Grammys for her debut, but so did Beyonce. Not to mention, Beyonce won 5 Grammys in one night TWICE. :excited:

Ms. AED, the irony of you calling anyone out being stupid is beyond unsettling.

Every artist has said questionable things in their career, they've also said great things well. Stop dwelling on the questionable as a means to discredit their words. Prince thinks Beyonce is talented enough to learn the piano, and likened it to Aretha. That alone is of the highest praise.

Ne-Yo said Beyonce cowrote the song. Stop trying to push the agenda. Ne-Yo already laid you naysayers to rest.

You girls always try to down Beyonce but can't up the other girl. This happens time and time again. I asked what could Lauryn do better than Beyonce and nobody could answer. They could only down Beyonce. That should tell you something.

Good day. B)

Beyonce is more talented than Lauryn. She's a better singer, dancer, performer, songwriter, actress, and instrumentalist.

You're hopeless :sigh:

BTW, she claimed to have written "If I Were Boy" based off some past relationships she dealt with. Ch...